Volume 2: Chapter 24: Of course I remember her
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, what food should we get?"

"Isn't the usual fine?"

"Are you serious? Fish fillet again, I'm tired if eating the same shit,"

"Then should we asked Marina about the food?"

"No, let's take out something on Jolibey, if we ask her we don't know how we'll end up."

Hiding behind a pillar, I observed two shady men standing like guards in front of the gate, clad in all black and wearing black shades. Toka had sent me the location where she last saw Kira—a rural area, not very common. Surprisingly, it turned out to be a private place that looked like a castle. The wealth of these people puzzled me. If they're this rich What do they really want from me?..

Sighed, stop it, It doesn't matter now; I was already here. I just hoped this was where Kira was being kept.

Sliding both hands into my pants pockets, I felt the cool touch of my stun gun nestled inside. 

"Hello."

Approaching the two men, I kept my hands in my pockets, each one holding the stun gun.

"Huh? A kid? What are you doing here?" one of them asked.

"Oh, nothing. I was just exploring and got lost. I'm wondering if you could tell me which direction I should go."

"You got lost?"

"Yes."

Observing their movements, I readied my hand.

"Hmm..." one of them, curling his beard, questioned, "this is a private place. How did you end up here—"

"I," swiftly pulled my weapon, aimed at their heads, "don't know," and triggered the stun guns simultaneously.

"Argh..." both of them vibrated as they received the shock, falling to the ground paralyzed.

"Now, how can I enter this huge place?"

Checking the gate, I found it locked.

"Really," I mumbled, "I feel like a prince trying to save a princess from a castle."

***

"Oops." Landing on the ground after scaling the gate, no one seemed to be guarding it other than those two. 

But I should be cautious; I can't let them grab me suddenly like before. 

Treading cautiously, I explored different rooms with my eyes wondering in any kind of direction, making sure that I don't get to experience the same thing before, yet I found no sign of Kira or any enemies.

Are they not expecting me to find this place, and are they waiting for me at the address they sent me? "This could become easy.""

Is what I said, but doubts of being betrayed by Toka repeatedly nag at me. After going through all the facilities without success, I found my way to the backyard. A small house was there, but that's not what surprised me. Like the one who kidnapped me and the two guards I took down, middle-aged men in black suits were all knocked down on the ground.

"One... Two... three... thirteen of them. What the hell is going on here?" I kept my footsteps quiet and hid against the wall, peeking to see if there were more people. I observed the knockdown men on the ground, I felt a familiar sensation, grappling my head and pulling it up.

"Hey, are you the one who did this?" A long-haired man that looked like an ogre came into view.

"Shit!" I grabbed his hands and reached for the baton on me.

*Clank

"Kid, that's not gonna do anything to me," he smirked.

Damn it! I was too busy observing to the point I didn't notice him.

 "Really?... then how about this!" I pressed the button, releasing an electric shock wave from the baton. A burst of lightning struck, making his grip loosen. 

I took the opportunity to step back and without a second thought, I brought out the two guns again and aimed them at him. As I tightly gripped a stun gun in each hand, my heart pounded. With steady aim and a surge of resolve, I squeezed the triggers simultaneously.

A symphony of crackling electricity filled the air, intensifying with each passing moment. The electric probes shot out from both stun guns, connecting with the man standing in front of me in a dazzling display of sparks.

 As the surge of electricity subsided, the crackling gradually faded into silence. Sighing in relief, I mumbled, "That scared me. I'm glad I bought these things; if not, I'd be doomed again."

"Oh," the man cracked his neck, caressing it. "So, you were carrying something like that. No wonder some of my fellow men is down."

"Huh? Are you serious? He's still fine?

"Geez, these biting mosquitos." He swept the probes away like it was nothing and started walking towards me. 

"Damn it! With a stomp on the ground, I dashed out and ran, looking for a place to hide. I entered different kinds of rooms like it was a maze, trying to lose him.

Hey, hey, hey! You gotta be kidding me. Don't tell me this guy has a higher tolerance to withstand that shock? You can't be serious.

Damn it, damn it!

I slide, making my way to one of the room, immediately bringing myself hidden.

***

"Tsk..."

Clenching my teeth in frustration, I glanced out the window from the room I'm hiding in, and he was still on my tail. 

Looking at my two spare stun guns, "Do I need to get near him and release a succession of shocks?..

Pondering what to do, I kept my eyes on him.

 I guess I have no choice; I'll have to do this.

Jumping over the window, I ran with all my might, trying to endure my back pain. "Ha!!" I yelled and yelled, catching his attention. "That's it, kid. Bring it on. That's the spirit. Fight me with your fists," he smiled, readying himself in a fighter's stance just after he notice me.

 "That's what a true fighter is—not relying on any stupid tools to determine your strength," he mumbled, reminding me a of a certain someone.

Meanwhile, I sprinted towards him like a desperate runner in a marathon. "Haha..." This is making me nuts. 

Laughing, I forcefully stopped myself from the sprint, making my feet slide in front of him—specifically in front of his crotch.

"Huh?" His eyes widened as he found me beneath him. "Sorry, but I have no reason to do some fistfight."

I brought out the two stun guns and swiftly pressed them against his balls, unleashing a surge of electric shock that coursed through his body. The crackling energy engulfed him, causing his muscles to convulse involuntarily. With each passing second, the intense shock incapacitated him, rendering his movements sluggish and uncoordinated. His body trembled under the overwhelming force of the electrical current.

"Argh!" With that last cry, he finally kissed the ground and was down.

"Haaa..." Exhaling and exhausted, "Geez, don't make me have a hard time on this, could you?"

"But really, why are you guys so eager to fight with bare hands," I mumbled as I swept the sweat on my forehead

"Thankfully that gives me an advantage."

Turning away from his body, now I need to get to that small house and find out what's in there. This guy having high tolerance means that he could get up any minute. I need to get Kira before that happens.

***

Examining my surroundings, I cautiously approached the suspicious small house, distantly placed from the imposing castle-like structure. The ground was littered with motionless bodies, shrouded in an ominous silence, concealing the secrets of this enigmatic place.

Reaching the Peculiar tiny house, I stealthily peeked through the slightly ajar window of it. Shock gripped me as my eyes widened - there, inside the suspicious small house, Kira was bound, her hands tightly restrained. Yet, the one responsible for her captivity, the one tying those knots, sent an unsettling shiver through my veins.

With hair as white as fresh snow cascading down to her waist, her silhouette, though seen only from behind, sparked a surge of memories. In an impulsive moment, I found myself pinning her to the ground. The realization hit me like a tidal wave—she was none other than...

"Takumi!"

My body moved with a will of its own. And before I knew it, I found my right hand on her neck, my other hand, restraining her movements.

"Matsuki-kun?" Kira, in front of us, startled at my sudden appearance.

"You... Everything—every bit of it—is your doing." Anger trembled in my voice as my hands tightened around her neck.

"Motomeru-kun..." Takumi met my gaze with darkened violet eyes of her, not resisting or attempting to break free. A faint smile adorned her face. "So, you're okay. I'm glad."

Spoiler

[collapse]

"Huh?.."

"....What are you muttering?" Lost in a storm of emotions, my grip on her throat tightened.

"What's your motive? Kidnapping Kira?"

"Matsuki-kun, calm down! There's a misunderstanding!" Kira pleaded, struggling against the ropes.

"Me misunderstanding? Not a chance. She orchestrated this, and I won't go easy on her." I struggled to control my mounting rage, gripping her neck relentlessly.

As I clenched my fist and was about to aimed for her, a sudden impact struck my side, sending me sprawling away from. Takumi.

"Ugh.. what the hell?"

Gathering myself, trying to stand, I focused on the assailant.

" Kira, what the hell are.you doing?" 

I question as my rage was fueled more by her action, her hands trying to support Takumi to stand.

"Matsuki," looking me in the eye, "Takumi. She's not our enemy; she's attempting to free me from these ropes. She's a friend. Can't you remember her?"

*Cough... Cough*

"Are you alright? I'm sorry; he doesn't remember. Can you stand, Takumi?"

"Hey..." Rising to my feet, and caressing my right hand that took damage from her push, I gritted my teeth uncontrollably. " Of course I remember her.." walking towards them as I felt my head ached.

"...There's no way I'll forget her She... she... she's the one who..."

"STOP MATSUKI. YOU'RE SCARING ME!"

"TAKUMI IS NOT AN ENEMY. SHE'S MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND... NO, TAKUMI-CHAN IS OUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND!"

Who will be the best girl of the story?
  • Takumi Mori Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kira Miyoko Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Toka Hira Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
0