Chapter 13 – Acceptance (4)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ran with everything I had, my fatigue was now at 90, yet I managed to run towards the cafeteria steadily. Behind me was Ryan and in front of me was Michel, all of us were vigilant of our surroundings as we ran on the tiled path.

I could not help but get lost in my thoughts, so many things were happening at the same time, so it was pretty confusing, it all felt surreal.

The murder of the principal was still fresh in my mind when I killed Jhon or whoever with my arrow. 

The deaths of my friends in the club room were also something I would never get past. 

The weird creatures which Ryan and Michel both seem to be aware of, the skill and status window much like that of a game, was confusing.

The weird delusions and voice in my head did not help, I frantically ran as I looked on either side hoping to not find any goblins or such. 

The things with the voice still scare me, it felt like I was staring into an abyss when I was talking to it, I could feel a sense of purpose but now that it is not talking to me I feel scared of it. 

It killed so many goblins and took control of my body and I could do nothing about it, I am glad that Ryan is not vary of me, but I can't help but wonder what I did to scare Ryan to the point of him having his guard up against me.

A cool breeze blew carrying the scent of fresh blood rustling the leaves, three students drenched in blood ran to the cafeteria surrounded by bushes on either side. 

I could not help but worry about my parents and Bella, I prayed that they were alright, but I was still scared by the uncertainty. 

I gulped at the thought that they might be hurt, I repressed my feelings once again and focused on the situation at hand. 

Michel ran and I followed him, thankfully we did not encounter any goblins, he came to a halt when he entered the area, prompting me to stop in my tracks. 

I could see red in front but could not pinpoint what I was seeing, at this point, I had somewhat gotten familiar with death and blood and yet it still made me anxious, I stepped in front of Michel taking the lead, in front of me was the corpse Mr Dan our homeroom teacher and the lunch lady. 

I walked closer inspecting the nauseating sight, Mr Dan was stabbed and the lunch ladys throat was slit, I also found a fish crushed to death in a plastic bag as water dripped out of it mixed with blood. 

"So, what happened?"

I asked turning back to look at Michel and I spotted Ryan standing pale as a ghost, looking at the scene. 

I went to Ryan and gripped his hand tightly reassuring him.

I looked back at Michel who seemed to have a hard time answering my question.

"Let us talk inside, better we stay safe."

I turned back and walked into the cafeteria, it was pretty clean inside except for the toppled-over benches.

Ryan and Michel soon followed, "Barricade the door with the benches, " I said, prompting, Michel and Ryan to hurriedly start moving the benches to the door.

I looked around the medium-sized cafeteria, It had a few windows, which let in a cool breeze carrying the sweet scent of flowers tainted with the smell of blood. 

I looked at the snacks counter which was filled with packaged goods and started to pocket them. 

I got Ryan's backpack and filled it with snacks just like mine. 

I looked at Michel who was fumbling with a new bag, "Whose is that?"

I asked pointing to the bag, "Mine, I dropped it when I was pushed into the benches" replied Michel.

"Fill it up with snacks, we would need it" I replied, prompting Michel to hurriedly stuff his bag.

I went and sat on one of the benches that was not used as a barricade and relaxed, Ryan came and sat next to me and to my surprise, he tossed me a choco bread and milk.

"I promised, remember?" I smiled at that sentence, I slowly tore open the packaging, as tears welled up in my eyes, I bit into it and I was feeling a storm of emotions, tears rolled down my cheeks.

Ryan looked surprised but he too soon had tears well up in his eyes. 

"Why do you think this is happening?"

Asked Ryan with his shaky voice, "I wonder the same" I replied through my tears. 

So many things were happening and it had just hit us like a bullet, I looked up trying to control my tears, "We need to barricade the windows and set up an escape route just in case."

My voice was shaky, I got up and slowly started to move the benches to the window when I spotted a goblin, no.. it looked like a goblin but was much bigger, it was the same size as us. 

I could hear my heartbeat at the sight of the monster, "Michel!" I cried softly, prompting the boys to put up their guard, "You gotta see this", I said in a hushed tone as I slowly got on my knees hoping to hide from the monster which seemed to have not noticed us.

It wielded some kind of a large bat embedded with spikes. It was large and green, It had two tusks protruding out near either side of its nose. It had a pig-like nose and was as fat as one too. 

Michel rushed near me and exclaimed "A troll!" in his hushed voice. 

"We have to barricade the windows and fast", I whishpered as I moved the benches ever so slowly trying to not make any noise, Michel gave me a hand, and we slowly barricaded the window through which we saw the troll. 

My heart pounded as we slowly barricaded the other windows trying to make as little noise as possible, we were all on our tippy toes.

I went again to check on the troll by the small gap between the benches stacked on top of each other and now it was gone, which alarmed me more, it could be very near or far from us. 

"We have to move or we are dead", I muttered under my breath which put Ryan on guard. 

We slowly put on our bags, when suddenly from the distance we heard a scream. 

0