Chapter 41 : The Second Chance?
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tevin lay peacefully in slumber, unaware of the world around him. Rehaan, with utmost care, closed the door behind him and approached Tevin's side. Silently, he pulled out a chair and settled himself next to Tevin. Gently, Rehaan ran his fingers through Tevin's hair and caressed his cheeks, where he slapped.
"I apologize for striking you, Tevin. And I am sorry for not heeding your words," Rehaan whispered remorsefully. "There are so many things I wish to discuss with you once you awaken. I will patiently await your return."
Tevin's eyes welled up with tears as he gazed at Rehaan. Slowly, he opened his eyes and met Rehaan's gaze.
"Tevin, you're awake. Did I disturb your sleep?" Rehaan inquired.
"No, I couldn't sleep, to be honest. I merely pretended so as not to burden my friends," Tevin replied, a smile gracing his lips.
Tevin and Rehaan locked eyes, a silent understanding passing between them. "Rehaan..." Tevin called out softly. Rehaan nodded in response. "I heard your words just now. I...I am deeply sorry. I was..."
Rehaan placed a hand over Tevin's mouth, silencing him. "There is no need for words, Maahi has already informed me. Let us leave the past behind us. From this moment forward, we shall embrace the present...together, in happiness," he declared. Tevin smiled and clasped Rehaan's hand in his own.
Rehaan inquired about Tevin's leg, "Are you in pain?"
"I'm fine. Despite the accident, it was worth it because you came to visit me. I'm happy," Tevin replied with a smile.
Rehaan playfully hit Tevin's hands, "You're making light of the situation, you fool."
"Ouch...that hurts, Rehaan," Tevin winced as he held his hands.
"I'm sorry...are you okay? Should I call the doctor?" Rehaan asked as he stood up.
Tevin grinned, "Just kidding. Only my leg is bothering me. Everything else is perfectly fine."
"Don't joke around, Tevin," Rehaan warned.
"I'm just glad to have someone who cares about me," Tevin said, tears welling up in his eyes.
"Oh, really?" Rehaan sat down and wiped Tevin's tears.
"Yes," Tevin smiled. "Wait, Rehaan, why are we talking like lovers?" he asked.
"What do you mean, lovers?" Rehaan asked, taken aback.
"Are you shy Rehaan. But just now our talk was just like couples". He says
"I don't understand what you are talking about".
Rehaan's shyness was evident as he averted his gaze. "I'm not sure what you mean," he replied softly.
"Is that so?" Tevin inched closer. "Ouch." He winced as he moved, feeling a sharp pain in his forehead.
Concerned, Rehaan examined Tevin's injury. "Please don't joke around, I'm genuinely worried. You have a wound on your forehead," he said.
"It's just a minor cut, no need to fret. I won't joke anymore, I promise," Tevin assured him.
"Alright then, I'll take my leave," Rehaan stated.
Tevin held onto Rehaan's hand. "Where are you off to?" he inquired.
"I'll be waiting outside. You should rest for a while," Rehaan replied.
"Please don't leave," Tevin pleaded.
"Tevin, your body needs rest. Get some sleep, my friend," Rehaan said, gently patting his hand.
Then, Tevin pleaded with a desperate look in his eyes, "Please, just stay here with me. I can't bear to sleep alone."
Rehaan, with a gentle smile, responded, "Tevin, you're not a child anymore."
Tevin's lower lip jutted out in a pout. "My old Rehaan would never say something like that," he muttered.
Rehaan's smile widened as he took a seat. "Alright, I'll stay," he agreed.
"Promise?" Tevin asked, seeking reassurance.
Rehaan pondered for a moment before replying, "Hmm...because I miss that old Rehaan too." He reached out, holding Tevin's right hand and affectionately patting his head. "Now, go to sleep. I'm right here with you."
Tevin nodded, his eyelids growing heavy as he slowly closed his eyes.
As Tevin drifted off to sleep, Rehaan's thoughts wandered. There were so many things I wanted to talk to you about, our past and everything. But now, it doesn't seem to matter. All that truly matters is that we want to face the future together, he silently confessed, gazing at Tevin with a tender smile. I promise, Tevin, I won't ever leave you again- With that, he rested his head on the pillow, still holding Tevin's hand, and peacefully fell asleep.
After some time, Tevin's eyes fluttered open, and he found Rehaan sleeping soundly beside him. He glanced at their intertwined hands and, feeling a surge of warmth, leaned closer to Rehaan before drifting back into slumber.
Meanwhile, Maahi opened the door and caught sight of the two of them together. Filled with joy, she hurriedly informed Sam, who called his friends over to witness the heartwarming scene. They all shared in the happiness before closing the door and leaving the couple in peace.

To be continued...

0