Chapter 42 : New Begining
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[After three days]

They arrived at their house, accompanied by Tevin. Rehaan and Sam gently held onto Tevin, ensuring his stability. Meanwhile, Maahi tenderly clutched Tevin's forearm crutches in her hands, displaying her care and concern. Duksh, Druv, and Aarav dutifully carried Tevin's belongings, shouldering the responsibility with utmost diligence. Finally, they settled Tevin onto the comfortable couch.

"It's hurting," Tevin expressed, wincing as he took his seat.
"The doctor explicitly advised you to stay in the hospital for at least a week. You didn't heed their advice, so don't complain now," Rehaan scolded, his tone laced with frustration.
"I simply dislike the hospital atmosphere. I find solace in the comfort of home," Tevin replied, defending his decision.
"Well, that doesn't give you the right to disregard everyone's advice. You're still a patient," Rehaan retorted, his anger palpable.
"Don't be upset, Rehaan. I'm alive, I didn't perish," Tevin tried to pacify, his voice filled with remorse.
"Tevin, I've already warned you about speaking in such a manner," Rehaan responded, his anger still lingering.
"I apologize sincerely," Tevin uttered, his voice tinged with regret.
"Hmm," Rehaan muttered, averting his gaze.
"Rehaan, please don't be angry. I truly am sorry," Tevin pleaded, his face adorned with a pout.
Rehaan couldn't help but smile upon witnessing Tevin's expression. "If you genuinely regret your actions, then don't repeat them. Do you understand?" he questioned, his tone softer.
"Hmm...yes, sir," Tevin replied, giving a thumbs-up sign.
Rehaan's smile widened as he gently patted Tevin's head. "Good boy," he said softly. When he heard his sisters laughing, he turned around to see Maahi standing there. Tevin's friends and Maahi were all watching them, smiling. Feeling a bit embarrassed, Rehaan scratched his head nervously.
"Don't mind us, brother. Continue your sweet moment," Maahi said with a teasing smile.
"Yes, Rehaan, carry on. Just pretend we're not even here," Aarav chimed in.
"What sweet moment?" Rehaan stammered, looking away. "I'll go make something for Tevin. He needs to take his medicine." With that, he headed towards the kitchen, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Tevin watched him go, a small smile playing on his lips.

After dinner, Tevin was carried to his room, and Rehaan sat by his side on the bed. The others left the room, leaving the two of them alone. Tevin's gaze lingered on his guitar.
"What's wrong, Tevin?" Rehaan asked, peering at the instrument.
"Nothing, I just...I can't perform on stage for a while. My bandmates postponed our show because they're worried about me, but I still feel uneasy," Tevin admitted, rolling his eyes.
"It's just for a month, Tevin. You'll be back to normal soon. And who said you can't perform on stage? Sure, you can't jump around like a monkey, but you can still practice if you want. Just don't stress too much," Rehaan reassured him.
"Wait...did you just call me a monkey, Rehaan?" Tevin asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Well, maybe I should call you a dog then," Rehaan teased, a playful smile on his face.
Tevin winces, placing his hand over his heart. "Ouch, Rehaan. That really hurts."
Rehaan chuckles. "Oh, come on. Is it really that painful?"
Tevin pouts, "I feel so alone, no one to take care of me."
Rehaan teases, "Well, maybe it's a good opportunity for you to learn self-care."
Tevin frowns, "You're so mean. I'm already feeling unwell, and your words are making it worse."
Rehaan raises an eyebrow, "My words are hurting you?"
Tevin looks away, "I'm feeling moody."
Rehaan grins, "Oh, really?"
He reaches for Tevin's hand, "Look at me, Tevin."
Tevin hesitates, "Are you going to make fun of me again?"
Rehaan shakes his head, "You're something else." Leaning in, he plants a kiss on Tevin's chest, leaving him stunned.
"Rehaan, you just..." Tevin stammers, blushing.
Rehaan leans back, gazing at Tevin. "I hope that kiss healed your heartache. It's the best medicine I can offer."
Tevin smiles, "My heart feels better now, but my hands, legs, and..." He trails off, looking at Rehaan. Rehaan's smile hints at mischief. "Now, all my other body parts are aching. Can you apply that golden medicine there too?"

 

To be continued

0