Chapter 45 : Permission To Hold The Hand
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After one month

Rehaan and Tevin embarked on a journey to visit Rehaan's parents at his residence. Rehaan was casually dressed, while Tevin concealed his identity with a black mask. Tevin tenderly clasped Rehaan's hand, causing Rehaan to burst into uncontrollable laughter out of sheer joy. Although everything seemed familiar, there was a subtle shift in dynamics.

This time, my closest friend Tevin is not just a friend, but also my boyfriend, Rehaan reflected as they strolled down the lengthy streets, eventually arriving at Rehaan's home.

Rehaan rang the doorbell, and Tevin's nerves got the best of him, his hands trembling with anxiety. "Don't fret too much. Everything will be fine," Rehaan reassured him, giving Tevin's hand a comforting squeeze.
Tevin smiled in response, his apprehension gradually dissipating. When Rehaan's mother greeted them at the door with a warm smile, Tevin's anxiety peaked. Sensing Tevin's unease, Rehaan held his hand tightly as they entered the house. Tevin eagerly awaited the opportunity to converse with Rehaan's family, particularly his mother, but he found himself at a loss for words.
Tevin felt a wave of embarrassment wash over him as he greeted Rehaan's parents. His hands trembled slightly, betraying his nervousness.
"Hello, Tevin, how are you, dear?" Rehaan's mother asked, noticing his shaky hands.
"I'm good, Auntie," Tevin replied, wiping the sweat from his brow. "And how are you doing?"
"We're doing well, thank you. We're so happy to have you here," she said with a warm smile. "How's your leg?"
"It's all healed now, Auntie. Thank you for taking care of me when I needed it," Tevin said, glancing at Rehaan. Mother nodded in approval Well, where is uncle and Maahi? He asks
"They are in the kitchen, cleaning up. Your mother is taking a break today."
As if on cue, Rehaan's father appeared in the hallway. "Did someone mention my name?" he asked with a smile.
Tevin quickly stood up and greeted him respectfully. "Hello, uncle," he said, straightening up. Rehaan observed the interaction, looking as if he was witnessing a formal meeting.
Rehaan's father beams with a smile. "Don't be so shy. Just relax, Tevin," he advises. Maahi follows suit, and they all take a seat.
"I apologize, uncle. Its been quite a while since we last met. I'm feeling a bit anxious," Tevin admits.
"I understand. I'm glad you are still alive," Father jokes.
Dad Rehaan interjects, shooting his father a disapproving look. He couldn't believe what he had just heard.
"Oh my son, I was only kidding. Don't give me that deadly glare," Father reassures. He then turns to Tevin. "You see, Tevin, I was just trying to tease you, but Rehaan here is standing up for you," he explains.
Tevin's face lights up with joy as he glances at Rehaan, who blushes and looks away.
"Shall we have lunch then? Its already 2:00," Rehaan suggests.
"Alright, lets change the subject," Mother chimes in.
"Mom..." Rehaan starts to say.
"I know, I know. By the way, I made Tevin's favorite fish curry today", she announces, turning to Tevin, whose eyes sparkle with delight.
"Okay, lets eat first, and then we can discuss something", Father tells Tevin.
The mood suddenly shifts. Tevin's heart pounds loudly in his chest that Rehaan could hear it. Rehaan does his best to conceal his embarrassment. After lunch, there is a meeting in the living room to determine whether Tevin will be accepted as a potential son-in-law.

 

To be continued

0