Chapter 46 : Getting Blessings From Parents
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rehaan's father settled himself roughly in the seat, with Tevin seated across from him. Rehaan was positioned nearby, as he was not allowed to sit close to Tevin.
"How is your band doing, Tevin?"
"Its going well, uncle. We have a performance scheduled for this week," Tevin replied politely.
"Then why are you here? Shouldnt you be practicing?"
"No, its alright. We decided to take a break today".
"It's been years since you left," his fathers tone turned serious.
"Yes, uncle," Tevin responded.
"Tevin, why have you returned now? It has been a long time since you left my son," his father inquired.
"Hmm," Tevin hesitated, glancing at Rehaan. "I know it was my fault. Actually, what happened was..."
"I know," his father interrupted. "Rehaan has already told us everything. We don't wish to dwell on the past. However, this concerns our son. So, if something were to happen in the future, would you repeat the same actions you did in the past?"
Tevin shook his head. "No, uncle. I realize I caused him a lot of pain. It was because I was immature back then. I admit I was scared, but now I understand what true happiness is. I know you have trouble trusting me after everything that happened. Please give me a chance, this time I won't disappoint you both. I promise," he says.
"Alright, what's your plan then?" Father inquires.
"Rehaan has already agreed to be my partner. But now I seek your blessing, uncle and auntie," he looks at his mother and asks, "Can I date Rehaan?"
"What if we say no?" Father questions.
"I'll be disappointed, but I'll work on convincing you one day," Tevin replies.
"That sounds like a warning," Father remarks.
"No, uncle, I was just..." Tevin starts to explain.
"Tevin," Mother interrupts, sitting beside him. "He is just joking. If we didn't approve, we wouldn't have invited you here. We just want to see both of you happy always."
"I promise to take care of him, aunty. I won't let him slip away again," Tevin assures. Mother nods and smiles.
"Then uncle, are you..." Tevin begins to ask him something.
However, his father swiftly interrupts him, saying, "Tevin, you may date my son. You are aware of how much I admire you. However, as parents, we naturally worry about our child's well-being. I simply want my son to be happy, and I don't want to witness his suffering. So, please take good care of him, Tevin." The father concludes his statement and eagerly awaits Tevin's response.
With a warm smile, Tevin approaches Rehaan and positions himself on his right side, gently grasping his hand. "Uncle, I promise I will never let go of this hand. You have my word," Tevin assures.
"If you ever decide to leave, you'll have to deal with me," the father playfully adds, bursting into laughter.
Tevin and Rehaan exchange glances, their smiles mirroring one another's.
This is truly the happiest day of my life, Tevin silently reflects, a contented smile gracing his face.

To be continued...

1