Chapter 2 – The Past Memories
15 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And what about your brother?" Maahi inquired, drawing closer to Rehaan. "Do you possess complete knowledge about him? Why do you harbor such immense hatred towards him?"

"It is indeed true that I am unfamiliar with him. However, one thing I am certain of is that he is merely putting on a facade," Rehaan responded, rising from his seat.

"Provide me with a reason as to why you despise him. There must be one," Maahi insisted.

"You tell me first, why do you love him?" Rehaan countered.

"He is handsome, possesses a melodious voice, dances gracefully, and overall, he is extraordinary, like a Korean oppa," Maahi expressed, grasping Rehaan's hands. "Can't you simply appreciate him? It pains me whenever you express your hatred towards him. You don't even have a valid reason," she pleaded.

"Maahi, to hate someone, one does not require a reason. It is my intuition that informs me he is an individual who lacks the ability to trust others," Rehaan gently removed Maahi's hands and tapped them lightly. "Enough with this conversation. I shall now proceed to study, and you must not engage in frivolous activities. Attend to your responsibilities, comprehend?"

"Of course, my dear brother, there is no need to fret." She gives a thumbs up and grins.
Rehaan gently pats her head and proceeds to his quarters. Having just completed his postgraduate studies, Rehaan aspires to become a police officer. He diligently works towards achieving this goal.
He opens the door and steps into his room. The walls are adorned with photographs of police officers from movies and dramas, while on the other side, there are concise notes that he studies. He is fully dedicated to preparing for the civil service examination.
Rehaan settles into the chair, letting out a sigh as he gazes out the window. His mind is consumed by deep thoughts. His fingers tremble as he closes his eyes.
"You have no idea, Maahi, what he did to me. I despise him with every fiber of my being. I can't stand the sight of that scoundrel's face. I wish I had never met him." Tears well up in his eyes. Rehaan opens his cupboard and retrieves a photograph. It is a group picture from his college days. He looks at it with a smile. The man standing beside him, with a hand on Rehaan's shoulder, is Tevin.

"Two years have passed, Tevin. I tried my best to hate you, but how can I when I know what you've been through?" He smiles and touches Tevin's image in the photo, taking a deep breath. Returning to reality, memories of Tevin always weaken Rehaan.

"I shouldn't have seen you. I want to forget you, you wretched Tevin. Why did you do that to me?" Rehaan's words are filled with emotion. Memories from his college days flood his mind once again...

 

 To be continued...

3