Preparation For The Big Event
410 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey everyone, as you all know, the school festival kicks off at the end of October. I've gathered us here today to kickstart our classroom activities for the event. Feel free to pitch in with suggestions on what kind of events we should organize."

Morning classes were supposed to begin today, but our class president, Kurokawa-san, had other plans—she wanted to dive into festival preparations. The classroom was abuzz with chatter louder than ever. Juggling two roles must be tough, I mused to myself. Then, my mind drifted back to last night. Ooyama-san surprised me by asking for a date this coming Sunday. I mean, I'm not opposed to it, but why me specifically? Still, I couldn't help but feel a bit excited about the prospect.

"A date, huh? I'm looking forward to it. Hm? Did someone just tap me?"

Glancing to my side, I noticed a girl sitting beside me, wearing a gentle expression. With her silver hair billowing in the breeze and silver eyes, she was undeniably stunning.

Her name is Mochizuki Fuuka. She's been Ryosuke's seatmate since last year. I'm not sure if the developers intended for these two characters to sit together or if it just happened randomly. Anyway, Mochizuki Fuuka is your typical bookworm, which isn't a bad thing.

"Um, you dropped something, Amano-san." she said, handing me a small handkerchief.

"Oh, I must have dropped it. Thanks for picking it up, Mochizuki-san."

"I'm glad I could help, Amano-kun," she said, flashing a smile at me. If anyone else saw this, they'd be blushing like crazy.

We returned to our routine, observing what was happening up front. The classroom was unusually noisy. Someone had written "Maid Cafe" and "Theatrical Play" on the blackboard. Were these our only options for the class festival?

"Ahem. We're down to these two options. If anyone wants to vote for either, please raise your hands. Alright, let's see who's in favor of the Maid Cafe!"

As Kurokawa-san spoke, most of the boys (including me) raised their hands, along with some of the girls.

"Hey, why are all you guys so eager? Do you really want to see us in maid outfits that badly?" protested Fukumoto Akari, one of the girls in our class, with her vermillion-colored hair, standing almost as tall as Kurokawa-san at around 169 cm.

"A theatrical play sounds like a hassle to pull off. Plus, it would cost a lot," retorted one of the boys in our class.

A theatrical play might be a good idea, considering we still have a month before the festival, but I prefer taking the easier route.

The two sides were still arguing. Everyone seemed to lean towards the easier option, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be that simple.

"Um, how about we also incorporate butler outfits?" I suggested to Kurokawa, who was still watching the debate. All eyes turned to me, surprised by my unexpected idea.

"Oh, that could be cool! A maid and butler cafe!"

"Given Amano-san's suggestion, we could make it work."

"I wonder if I'd look good in a butler uniform?"

The guys in the classroom embraced my suggestion, and the girls seemed to follow suit.

"Fine. Maid cafe it is. But you better wear that butler uniform, as you'll be serving other students too." Fukumoto-san said, caught up in the class's enthusiasm and dropping her protest.

I glanced at Kazama's seat by the door; he was texting on his phone. My phone buzzed, indicating a message from him.

This is going to be the best festival ever! he texted.

Definitely. We'll get to see the girls in those adorable outfits, I replied.

"I'm not sure if a butler suit would suit me."

With the decision made, the class settled on a Maid Cafe, with the condition that boys would also don butler attire. I'm okay with that, to be honest. And after that, the went went on as usual.

 

 

"Hey, good job in there, Prez."

Afternoon classes ended earlier than usual. Some students headed to their clubs, while others went home. I opted for the former, since I didn't belong to any club.

As I was leaving school, I spotted Kurokawa-san chatting with some other students. I waited until she was alone before approaching.

"Oh, it's you, Amano-san. I wish our classmates had voted for a theatrical play." she sighed, looking disappointed. We found a bench outside the school and sat down.

"It is what it is, Prez. It's what everyone decided. Plus, everyone, especially the girls, seems excited about wearing those cute outfits. You don't see that every day unless you're in a big city."

"I can't imagine myself in such a cute outfit. What if it doesn't suit me?" Prez wondered aloud.

"How can I judge without seeing you in one?" I teased.

Suddenly, Kurokawa looked at me as if I'd given her a brilliant idea.

"Amano-san, you've just given me a great idea."

I had a bad feeling about what was coming next.

13