Chapter 19: The Vampire’s “Rocky” Start to her Adventure
59 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey there, it's me, Lily! Your favorite cuddly and fluffy adventuring Vampire. I'm currently strolling to the adventurer's guild with my beautiful wives, a maid, and my lovely daughter, Freya, in my arms. As we walk, I turn to Iris and ask her a question.

“Honey, should I use my regular form and real name when registering for the guild, or should I use my Rose form and name? We're in our Kingdom's capital, after all.”

“That's a good question, my love. I suggest you go as you are. It's not uncommon for members of the Royal family in this country to go on an adventure before they take over the country.”

I nod thoughtfully. "That makes sense. And we shouldn't hide who we really are, should we?"

Lucy, one of my wives, chimes in. "Absolutely not. And if anyone starts trouble, we'll be there to punish them."

I can see the fighting spirit in their eyes, and even in the maid Klare's. I smile, but also feel a tinge of concern. "Don't go too crazy, okay? I know how overprotective you all can be, especially with our darling daughter, Freya. We won't rely on my position in the country while on this adventure unless necessary."

They all nod in agreement, even Klare. "I understand, Master," she says.

Feeling relieved, I turn to Lucy. "So, have you decided what we're going to call our adventure team?"

She shakes her head. "Not yet. What do you think we should call ourselves?"

Freya, who has been listening intently, pipes up. "Mommy, can I pick our name?"

I look at my wives, who all nod in approval. I then turn back to Freya with a smile. "Sure thing, sweetheart. Can you think of a name until we get there?"

Freya's face lights up. "Yes, Mommy! Freya will think of a good name. Thank you, Mommy, thank you Mamas. I love you."

"We love you too, sweetie," Yami, another one of my wives, says.

After our sweet family moment, we arrive at the adventure's guild. As we walk in, I notice that everyone is staring at us.

"Uhm...my dear, you were an adventurer for a while. Do you know why they're staring at us?" I ask Mana.

"Well, dear, I believe the reason is you and our adorable daughter," Mana, my other wife, says.

I can't help but feel a little self-conscious, but then Freya tugs on my sleeve.

"Mommy, Mommy, Freya thought of the perfect name for our adventure party. Can we go tell them?" she asks excitedly.

I grin. "Yes, sweetheart, we can go tell them."

As I approach the guild's reception corner with Freya by my side, a tall and imposing woman who clearly doesn't belong to our Kingdom strides up to us, her voice dripping with contempt.

"What the hell is this brat talking about? This isn't a place to play! Hey, you shorty, why don't you take your brat and play pretend somewhere else? Otherwise, Rocky Mountain Roxanne will beat the reality into you." The woman, whom Freya calls Rocky, sneers.

"Mommy..." Freya's voice quavers, and I can tell she's on the verge of tears. The woman's harsh words scared my daughter and made her cry.

Normally, I would have let one of my wives handle the situation or simply ignored the woman altogether. But I can't let her insult my daughter and get away with it. My wives would kill her in an instant, but I don't want to cause a scene like that. I'll take care of her, or rather, Rose will.

"Honey, will you please take our daughter and cover her eyes and ears?" I ask Iris, who nods without hesitation.

"What are you going to do, Darling?" Lucy, one of my wives, asks.

"Let us take care of this simpleton, Dear," Mana chimes in.

"Yeah, you shouldn't dirty your hands, my Beloved," Yami adds.

"Let me handle this, Master," Klare says.

But I know that any one of them would kill the woman in a heartbeat, and I can't allow that to happen. I won't be able to control myself either, so I'll let Rose handle this.

"No, all of you would kill this giant bitch immediately. I don't want to cause that kind of a scene. I know I wouldn't be able to handle this as my normal self, so I won't be doing anything. Rose will," I say firmly.

After ensuring that Iris has covered Freya's eyes and ears, I turn to face Rocky.

"Okay, you sasquatch-looking bitch, you have two seconds to apologize to me and my daughter," I growl, my voice seething with anger.

"Why the hell should I apologize to you when all I said was the truth? Isn't that right, everyone?" Rocky retorts, gesturing to the other adventurers in the guild.

To my surprise, they all burst into laughter and begin making bets on which of my wives will take her down first.

"I'm surprised The Neko Witch Mana hasn't attacked yet," one adventurer says.

"Are you kidding? Normally The Dark Knight Yami would have already killed someone who spoke to or about the Princess like that," another adds.

"The Wise Elf Lucy is usually patient and calculating, so maybe she's having them wait and see," a third suggests.

"Maybe the other Maid will attack," the guild receptionist chimes in.

Rocky, meanwhile, seems unfazed by their comments.

"What is with all of you? There's no way any of these pipsqueaks could harm me!" she boasts.

I ignore the other adventurers and Rocky's taunts and calmly state, "Time's up."

"What the hell are you going on about, shorty... huh?" Rocky sneers.

Before she can finish her sentence, I transform into Rose. I asked Iris to cover Freya's eyes and ears for a reason - I don't like this form because my personality and aura completely change, and I want to protect my other self's mentality.

"Ara, who do you think you are talking to, you ugly, hairy Rocky Mountain Sasquatch of a woman?" I purr, my voice dripping with honeyed venom.

"What did you just say to me? I'll kill you!" Rocky bellowed.

The sight of the giant woman charging at me wielding a mallet didn't intimidate me. She was slow, and I knew I could take her down quickly.

"So slow," I remarked.

"Shut up!" Rocky yelled.

I decided there was no need to prolong the fight. "I'll end it here," I said, and threw a punch at her face, making sure to hold back enough force that I wouldn't kill her.

Rocky cried out in pain. "The Rocky Mountain crumbles, the bigger they are the harder they fall. You are pathetic, leave and don't show up in this country again," I taunted her.

Rocky was about to run away, but I stopped her. "Wait, first you will apologize. Not to me - I couldn't care less what you think - but to my sweet daughter. Now!" I demanded.

I changed back to my Lily form and took Freya out of Iris's arms. "Come here, sweetheart. This lady is going to apologize to you, okies?" I said to her.

Freya looked confused. "Okies, Mommy, but whys?" she asked.

"Because she hurt your feelings and was rude to you. When you're rude to someone, you should apologize. Remember this, okies?" I explained.

Freya nodded. "Okies, Freya understands. Freya will remember, Mommy," she said.

"Now, apologize please," I said to Rocky.

"I'm sorry for calling you names and yelling at you, young lady," Rocky said, looking at Freya.

"Okies, Freya forgives you, but Freya won't forgive you for being mean to Mommy," Freya said.

"My, my, Freya sure loves her Mommy. You should let that woman leave, my love," Iris suggested.

"Ehehe, I guess she does. You're right, Honey. You may leave, but don't let this happen again if we meet anywhere in the future," I warned Rocky.

After Rocky ran off, I turned to my wives and daughter. "With that 'Rocky' start to our adventure out of our way, let's register and hear what our sweet daughter decided to name our adventure party," I said with a smile as we headed towards the guild registration office.

5