Chapter 20: Fates Bouquet and a Conversation Under the Stars
58 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good afternoon, everyone! It’s Lily here, the cuddly and fluffy Vampire Princess. Currently, we're at the adventurer's guild to register as an adventure party, and my sweet daughter Freya is about to tell the receptionist our party name.

"Thank you for wanting to join the adventurer's guild. My name is Jewel, and I'll be finishing your registration. I apologize for what happened earlier, Princess," Jewel said.

"Don't worry about it, and please call me Lily. I don't want to rely on my position in the Kingdom while on my adventure," I said.

"Very well, thank you, Lily. I have registered you all as an adventure party. Since you were able to defeat that B-ranked adventurer earlier, you and your party won't have to do the registration test. You'll all start at rank B, except for this little sweetie who's still too young to officially register. Now, all I need is your adventure party name," Jewel said.

"So that woman was a B-rank. I'm surprised. Okay, sweetheart, you can tell Jewel our party name now. Do you remember what you decided?" I said to Freya.

"Yaay! Freya remembers, Mommy. Freya chose the name Fates Bouquet," Freya said.

"That's a wonderful name, sweetheart," I said.

"That's beautiful. May I ask why you chose such a name, my darling daughter?" Iris asked.

"Ehehe, Freya thought of it because Mommy's name and her vampire form name are the same as a flower. Freya feels it was fate we are all together, so Freya thought Fates Bouquet," Freya said.

"It's amazing how you thought of that, Love," Lucy said.

"I love it, sweety," Yama said.

"Great name, my lovely daughter," Mana said.

"Great job, Master Freya," Klare said.

"Ehehe, thank you, Mamas and Klare," Freya said.

"That's a wonderful party name, young lady. I have registered you all to the guild under your party name. Would you like to take a quest?" Jewel asked.

"I'm sorry, not this time. We're actually heading to the Garrison Empire. This was just a requirement from my mom's so that they can keep an eye on my adventures," I said.

"Very well, I understand. Are you planning on camping on the way? If so, here at the guild, we sell camping equipment such as tents, a pot, and other necessities," Jewel said.

"I'm not sure. As much as I'd like to camp outside every now and then on the way, I need to think about my sweet daughter," I said.

"Freya wants to camp! Can't we, Mommy?" Freya asked.

"Fufufu, why don't we go ahead and buy the supplies, Darling? I can see that you really want to as well," Lucy said.

"My, my, why not, my Love. If you're worried about being attacked, I can place a barrier to protect us. We can take turns standing watch," Iris said.

“Yeah, let’s do it, my Beloved,” Yami said.

“At least for the first leg of the journey, Dear,” Mana added.

“I will cook while we camp, and I promise I will protect you and Master Freya, Master,” Klare offered.

As they all stated their intentions, I couldn't help but think to myself. If they're all willing to do this, I guess we can camp out. Maybe this is my chance to get to know more about Klare. I can tell she's been trained in combat, and she seems very devoted to me and my daughter. Perhaps I can have a private conversation with her when it's her turn to keep watch.

“Very well, my lovely wives and Klare. Well, Sweetheart, your Mamas have all agreed, so we can camp out tonight,” I said, addressing my daughter.

“Yaay! Thank you, Mamas. Freya loves you! Camp~ing!” Freya exclaimed excitedly.

“Very well, may I ask how many tents you will need?” Jewel asked.

“Do you have a large tent that can fit at least 6 people?” I asked in return.

“Yes, we do, though it might be a bit heavy. Is that okay?” Jewel replied.

“That’s okay. We can use your bag to hold everything, Dear,” Mana said to me.

“That is right. Thank you, my Dear. Then that is great. Can we get one of those tents and another medium-sized tent just in case? As well as the necessities you recommend for people just starting out,” I requested.

“Very well, I will gather everything while your guild cards are being made. The total for everything, including the registration and guild cards, is 1 gold coin,” Jewel informed us.

I reached into my bag and pulled out a gold coin. “Here you go, and thank you very much,” I said, handing it over to Jewel.

“No problem at all. Please give me about 30 minutes for your guild cards to finish making and for gathering your items,” Jewel said before walking away.

As Jewel left, I turned to Lucy and asked, “Wifey, how many days will it take to get to the Garrison Empire?”

“The Kingdom and the Empire’s borders are not from here. I would say it would be a 10-day trip by walking or a 4-day trip by carriage, Darling,” Lucy replied.

“Thank you, Wifey. If we took a carriage, we wouldn’t have the chance to camp. So, is it okay with everyone if we walked this time?” I asked the group.

“That sounds fine, my Love,” Iris replied.

After our discussion, we waited for Jewel to return with our guild cards and equipment. Once everything was gathered and, in my bag, we thanked Jewel and began our journey towards the Garrison Empire.

After leaving the guild, we had made good progress before nightfall, and Klare had made an amazing dinner with Lucy and Yami's help. While Mana and Iris were not allowed in the kitchen, they still managed to have fun playing with Freya and me until dinner was ready, and then Freya fell asleep soon after.

As Yami took the first shift, Klare was up next, and I was sleeping beside Freya and Iris when I woke up and saw Yami was beside me. That meant it was my chance to talk to Klare.

"Good morning, Klare. It's a beautiful night, isn't it?" I whispered to her.

"Good morning, Master. You should sleep longer, I promise I'll keep an eye out until it is time to switch again," Klare replied, smiling softly at me.

I giggled slightly before asking her about something that had been on my mind for a while.

"I know you actually have combat training, and you are not just a maid, so may I ask why you chose to come with us, and why do I feel devotion from you?" I questioned curiously.

Klare looked a little surprised at first, but then she gave me a small smile and began to explain.

"Do you remember when you were kidnapped from the castle, and Yami became your wife?" she started.

I nodded my head, remembering that terrible time.

"That's right, I was one of the kidnapped girls that you protected even when you were sick and weak. You covered us and endured the pain until Yami came, and you transformed into your Rose form. I lost my parents when I was kidnapped, so after we were saved, the Queen brought me in to see what they should do with me. I vowed to protect you from ever having to experience pain like that again. The Queen brought me in as a combat maid and trained me with Yami and Lucy. Now that I have told you everything, I want to reiterate my vow. I, Klare, hereby vow to protect you and Freya from any pain that may come your way, even though you are immortal and cannot die, you can still feel pain, so I will take and experience that pain for you. Do you accept my vow, Master?" Klare declared, her voice firm and resolute.

I felt tears forming in my eyes as I accepted her vow, knowing how much it meant to her.

"I will accept your vow, please take care of my daughter and me from now on, Klare. However, you must promise me that you won't put your life at risk to protect me from pain. Deal?" I said, making her laugh.

"Hahaha, very well, I will accept that deal, Master," Klare agreed, smiling warmly at me.

As the days passed, I spent some time one-on-one with Klare during her watch, and we became quite close. Then, on the day we were going to arrive at the Empire, something happened...

6