Chapter 21: The Vampire’s New Bride
60 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Arrows incoming, get down!” Iris shouted.

“Bandits!” Yami yelled.

I immediately panicked. “Freya! Where’s Freya?” I scanned the area and saw Klare hugging my daughter, shielding her from the chaos. But then I noticed arrows in Klare’s back. Once the bandits were taken care of, I rushed over to Klare while Lucy took Freya a safe distance away.

“Please save her, Mommy!” Freya pleaded.

“Don’t worry, I will, Sweetheart,” I assured her.

I turned to my wives for their input. “Should I use healing magic or make her one of my blood servants and brides? I know it's wrong of me to ask this of you all again, but Klare has been so protective of us, and she saved our daughter from a horrible fate.”

“It’s fine with us, Lucy and I know her past and her vow, my Beloved,” Yami said.

“I’m okay with it, just don't forget about me later, Dear,” Mana added.

“You’re free to take as many wives and blood servants as you want, as long as you pay equal attention to all of us, my Love,” Iris said.

“Thank you, my Lovely Wives. I promise I will give you all attention later,” I said.

After thanking them, I transformed into Rose while my wives pulled the arrows out of Klare’s back. When we finished, I asked Klare if she was sure about becoming my blood servant and bride.

“Klare, I know you've made a vow, but do you promise you won't regret being by my side forever? I’ve fallen in love with you. Can you say that you love me too and won’t stop loving me for all eternity?” I asked as Rose.

“Yes, I swear I wouldn't regret being with you, your daughter, or your wives. I love you, and I will continue to love you for all eternity,” Klare replied.

I sank my fangs into her neck and completed our contract. “This might sting for a moment, but you will soon feel a warmth over your body,” I warned her.

After I transformed back into my Lily form, Klare hugged me and gave me a light kiss. “Thank you for everything. I will work hard as your wife and maid from now on, Dear Master,” she said.

“Ehehe, still calling me master? Well, if that’s what you wish, that’s fine. It’s a cute married nickname, but don't call Freya 'master.' She won’t like that because...oh, here she comes. She’ll tell you,” I said, smiling at Klare.

“Mommy! You saved Kla...no, Freya should say Mama Klare,” Freya corrected herself.

“Mama?” Klare repeated.

“Fufufu, my, my. I guess we should say welcome to the mothers and wives club, Klare,” Lucy teased.

“That’s right. Even if you’re not blood-related to our sweet daughter, you are my Beloved’s wife now, and Freya wishes to call you as such as well,” Yami said, her eyes full of love and adoration.

“Is it no good?” Freya asked.

“No, it's wonderful. Thank you, our sweet daughter,” Klare said, tears brimming in her eyes.

“Yaay! Mommy, Mama Klare, called Freya her daughter,” Freya cheered, her smile contagious.

“Ehehe, that’s great, Sweetheart. Now, we are almost to our destination. Let's be on our way. I wonder how Sue has been...” I said, feeling relieved that Klare had joined our family.

After some time had passed, we arrived at the Garrison Empire’s royal capital and were currently getting checked at the guard gate. Mama had told me to give the guard a letter upon our arrival, and I couldn't help but wonder about Sue and her mother's nobility. As the guard approached, I handed over my I.D.

“I need to see a form of I.D.,” the guard said, eyeing me suspiciously.

“Yes, here you go. I was told by my mother, Queen Charlotte Vamper of the Vamper Kingdom, to give this letter to you when I arrived,” I replied calmly.

“Ah, I’m sorry, please allow me to verify the contents of the letter to ensure you speak the truth,” the guard said before moving away to read the letter.

As the guard read the letter, I turned to my wives with Freya in my arms and expressed my concerns. "I wish I didn't have to name drop my mama. I wanted to be treated normally while on our adventure. I understand if I were to be treated normally, it would be hard for us to visit Sue since she is a noble."

“That’s right, Dear. Though after we finish visiting Sue for a week or so, we can move on to a different place, where you can be as inconspicuous as you wish,” Mana suggested.

“Darling, maybe we can ask the guard to keep your identity a secret from the public, and we can explore the city without any worries,” Lucy chimed in.

“I know, and I am excited to visit Sue as well, my Lovely Wives. Though do you all mind if we find an inn and rest before we start exploring?” I asked, feeling exhausted from the journey.

“Are you having a hard time around the humans, my Beloved?” Yami asked, her concern evident in her voice.

“A... little,” I admitted, feeling a bit uneasy around the humans in this city.

I could manage being around one or two people at a time, but the line into the capital is long and crowded. To make matters worse, there are a few human men in the line as well. As I am explaining this to everyone, Freya gives me a little squeeze and Iris holds my hand while asking, "Would you like me to talk to the guard when they come back? I can ask for a good inn and explain to them that we would like to rest first, in case they try to take us to Sue right away, my love."

"If you wouldn't mind, honey. I truly hope that becoming friends with Sue and being around humans during our time here will make my aversion at least a little better," I reply.

"I believe it will, but please don't push yourself past your limits. I'll take care of this. Freya, my darling daughter, do you want to be held by Mama Lucy so that your mommy can be carried by Mama Mana?" Iris asks.

"Honey, I'm fine, I... promise," I say, trying to hide my trembling hands.

"No, Mommy, you're shaking. Freya will be carried by Mama Lucy," Freya interjects.

"Sweet... heart," I say with a sigh.

"Our sweet daughter is right, darling," Lucy adds.

"That's right. You shouldn't push yourself. I'll carry you and mofu-mofu my ears to calm you down, dear," Mana says with a smile.

"Very well, wifey. Thank you, my dear. I love you both, and thank you as well, sweetheart. I love you so much," I say, feeling a sense of comfort wash over me.

"Ehehe, Freya loves mommy too," Freya chimes in.

After Freya says as such, she gives me a tight squeeze and moves to Lucy. Mana picks me up in a princess carry, and I start playing with her ears after giving her a light kiss on the cheek. During this, the guard comes back, with warm eyes due to the scene in front of them. After a moment, they come back to reality and nervously speak, "I'm sorry for our rude behavior, Princess."

"It's... fine," I say, feeling myself getting sleepier from playing with Mana's warm and fluffy ears. My sweet daughter is starting to fall asleep in Lucy's arms as well. Realizing I'm about to doze off, I give Iris a nod as a signal for her to take over. Before I fall asleep, I hear Iris say, "Please don't apologize. My love isn't feeling well, so I'll take over the conversation for her if you don't mind.
==========================================================

P.O.V Change: Iris
==========================================================

"Thank you, I appreciate it. Should I take you to the person you're visiting, or would you like to rest first?" the guard asked.

I nodded. "Yes, we would like to rest first. May I ask if you have any recommendations for a nice inn with a bath?" I inquired.

The guard suggested the Spirit's Song inn, which had a large bath, tasty food, and big beds. "Would you like me to show you the way there?" the guard offered.

I smiled. "That would be wonderful," I replied.

As we made our way to the inn, the guard informed us, "Please come to the guard gate when you're ready to go meet the person you're here for. Goodbye for now."

"We will, thank you," I replied before bidding the guard farewell.

After checking in at the inn, we were shown to our room, which had two large beds. My love preferred not to sleep with us close by, and our daughter didn't like sleeping without me. "I'm sure she'll grow out of that soon," I thought.

"I wonder why the guard kept referring to Sue as 'the person we are going to meet' instead of her name?" Yami asked.

"She may be more than just a noble's daughter. Oh well, I'm sure we'll find out soon," I replied.

While Mana and Lucy lay with my love and daughter, Mana noticed that our daughter was having a nightmare. "Iris, is your ability the only one that can see when someone she knows is in danger, or can Dear see those visions as well?" Mana asked.

"We both have that ability now that I am one of my Love's wives. Why? What's wrong?" I replied.

"Dear seems to be having a scary dream about someone being in danger. She has started crying, and I'm worried whether I should wake her with a kiss to help her forget the dream or let her wake up in a panic," Mana explained.

"I can see into her dreams. After I see what she's dreaming about, I can relieve the stress from it. You can wake her with a kiss afterward," I reassured Mana.

I walked over to my love and placed my hand on her head to peer into her dreams. "..." My expression turned grave as I looked at her dream.

"What is she dreaming about?" Mana asked, her voice filled with concern.

"..." I remained silent, still observing my love's dream.

"What's wrong?" Klare asked.

"One second," I said, continuing to focus on the dream.

"What's going on with my beloved?" Yami asked.

"...Done," I announced, pulling my hand away.

"What's wrong, Iris?" Lucy asked.

"My love's dream was a vision, and the person in danger is the First Princess of the Garrison Empire, Susan Garrison, otherwise known to us as Sue," I revealed.

5