Chapter 23: The Vampire and The Noble’s Daughter (Part 2)
67 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

==========================================================
P.O.V: Sue
==========================================================
I sat nervously, waiting for Princess Lily's arrival. I hoped that Lily hadn't encountered any trouble on her journey to the vacation home in the capital where we planned to meet. I turned to Karen, the chambermaid, to ask if there was any news from the guards.

"I wonder if Princess Lily will be here soon? I hope she didn't run into any danger on the way. Have you heard anything from the guards, Karen?" I asked.

Karen responded, "Last I heard, she finished taking a nap at her inn and is being shown the way here with her wives and servant. Princess Susan."

I breathed a sigh of relief and then reminded Karen not to call me a princess in front of Lily.

"Karen, please don't call me Princess while Princess Lily is visiting. I want to keep my position a secret for a little while. That's why we're meeting here in our vacation home in the capital," I said.

Karen apologized, "Very well, my apologies, Lady Sue."

Then, there was a knock on the door.

"Enter!" Karen called out.

"Yes! Princess Lily Vamper of the Vamper Kingdom has arrived to see Pri...ahem Lady Sue!" a knight announced.

"Yaay! Let them in, let them in!" I exclaimed.

As Lily and her entourage entered the room, my attention was immediately drawn to Lily's daughter, Freya. I couldn't believe how adorable the small, furry creature was.

"Pweash pardon the intrushin," Freya said.

"Aaaah! Whaa...whaaa is this adorable furball!" I exclaimed, completely smitten with Freya.

==========================================================
P.O.V. Change: Lily
==========================================================

“Ah! Whaa... what is this adorable furball!” Sue exclaimed.

“My daughter,” I replied, jumping up to hug Freya and quickly moving behind Yami and Klare. Sue's excitement for Freya's cuteness had startled me, and my instincts had taken over.

“Are you okay, Mommy?” Freya asked, concerned.

“Yes, I'm fine, sweetheart. I'm sorry for jumping like that, Sue,” I said, turning to face her.

“It's quite all right. I ran up to you too fast. I see you have new members in your group. My mothers and I have received a letter about your new bride, Iris, and your maid, Klare. Klare's message from your mothers said that she can go ahead and meet my mothers with Yami if you so wish. May I ask your daughter's name?” Sue said.

“Of course, you may. And is that fine with you, my darling?” I asked Yami.

“That's fine. Klare and I will deliver the message and come back here when we're done,” Yami replied.

“Karen, please show them to my mothers,” Sue instructed.

“Yes, Lady Sue. Please, follow me, Lady Yami, Ms. Klare,” Karen said.

“And what's your name, cutie?” Sue asked Freya.

“My name's Freya!” Freya replied.

“My goodness, what a pretty name. And you look just like your mommy and mamas,” Sue said, smiling at Freya.

“Thank you. Mommy picked my name,” Freya said.

“You have great taste in picking out names, Princess Lily,” Sue said, turning to me.

“That she does. She gave me my name as well. It's a pleasure to meet you in person, Lady Sue. I am Iris, one of Princess Lily's new brides and blood servants,” Iris said.

“Ah, my apologies. It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Lady Iris. And congratulations to you both on your nuptials. You're quite lucky to be with Princess Lily, I must admit,” Sue said.

“Hahaha, that's quite true. I do feel as though I'm one of the luckiest women in the world. Who knows, you might just be as lucky as I one day, right Lucy?” Iris said, nudging her.

“I might dare say so myself, especially seeing how Darling is already quite comfortable around Sue now,” Lucy, replied.

“Muo, you two. I'm just having fun with Sue and Freya. Please call me Lily from now on, and I'll call you Sue if that's okay with you, Sue? I would like us to be friends,” I said, pouting slightly as Freya played with my hair.

“Of course, that's fine with me, Lily. I would love to be your friend,” Sue said.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

“Yes?” Sue called out.

“Maid Karen, reporting! Lady Yami, Ms. Klare, and I have returned,” Karen said.

“Welcome back, my darling. Klare, did everything go okay with Sue's mothers?” I asked, suppressing the urge to call Klare by her wife name.

I didn't like not being able to call Klare by her wife name right now, but I was asked not to for a few more days into our visit with Sue. I wasn't sure why, though.

“There were no problems to speak of, my heart. The message that your mother, the Queen, asked Klare to deliver asked Sue's parents to allow Klare to train here for a few days while you are visiting to get better acquainted with housework and cleaning. Sue's mothers have agreed and asked that she gets trained by Ms. Karen and stays here while being trained. Is that okay?” Yami explained.

“Mmmph....I...I guess,” I replied.

After seeing me start potting, Klare took me to a more private area and held me while speaking.

“Please allow me to do this, Honey. For me, this isn’t so I can be a better maid. It's so I can be a better wife and mother. You know how I was raised, and you know I don't have much knowledge about parenting and taking care of others, but I want to learn for you and our daughter. I love you, and I know you will miss me. I will miss you too,” Klare said.

“Okies, I love you too, but you have to at least come see me and Freya at least once when I come to visit, okay?” I said.

“I'm not su--” Klare started to say.

“Freya will miss you,” I interrupted, using my Mama Bear voice.

Chiiii~~~~~~

“Yes Ma'am,” Klare quickly replied.

“Very good,” I said, feeling satisfied.

After getting the response I wanted, I could hear Mana saying something about wanting attention, so I subtly asked.

“Dear, can I mofu-mofu your ears?”

“Of course, my dear,” Mana replied.

“Mommy, Mama Mana, can Freya mofu-mofu too?” Freya asked.

“Of course, you can,” Mana replied.

“Come here and sit on Mommy's lap,” I said to Freya.

Freya hopped on my lap while I sat on Mana's. Freya and I were both becoming enveloped in Mana's warm and fuzzy mofu-mofuness, dozing off to dreamland.

==========================================================
P.O.V. Change Sue
==========================================================

“Well, it seems as though those two fell asleep,” Mana said with a chuckle.

“They truly did. I am terribly sorry, Lady Sue,” Lucy apologized.

“Please call me Sue. It’s no problem at all. I understand they are probably worn out from the trip, and especially Lily, from being around all the humans,” I replied.

“That is true. Thank you for your understanding, Sue,” Iris said.

“Sue, may I ask that we speak alone with just you and us while Lily and our daughter are asleep. It is something your mothers asked us to speak to you about,” Yami requested.

I wonder what my mothers would ask Yami to speak to me about alone. Did they tell her my actual position in the country? I thought.

“Very well, Karen, please leave the room. I can trust them,” I instructed.

“As you wish, Lady Sue,” Karen said before leaving.

As I watched Karen leave, Yami and Lily’s other brides' faces turned serious, and Iris spoke up.

“You are being stalked by a woman posing as your chambermaid,” Iris said.

3