Chapter 18 : Arrival
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Along the way, Song Yin gave Bai Ye a very profound ideological education, telling him which words should not be spoken carelessly.

Meanwhile, taking advantage of the red light, she deleted all the books related to the Hidden Language Users from Bai Ye's phone, leaving him feeling regretful even though he had learned a lot of knowledge from those books— not just various techniques.

Carefully parking the mini by the roadside, Song Yin, who had been educating Bai Ye along the way, said, "We've arrived, let's get out."

Today, no one came to pick up Bai Ye and Song Yin, but Bai Jincheng had told Song Yin that someone would be waiting for them at the store.

After getting out of the car and seeing the signboard of the "Universe's First Super Spacetime Civilization Trading Pavilion," which was full of futuristic technology style and very attractive but had a discouraging effect on the actual content, Song Yin felt a twitch in her eye corner.

Although initially thinking that as long as Bai Ye was happy, she didn't persuade him not to name the place that way.

But when everything settled and the shop could officially open, having such a name was indeed quite embarrassing.

Bai Ye, however, felt no embarrassment at all. He was very satisfied with the signboard.

Waiting for them in the store, the man in a suit from last time saw Bai Ye and Song Yin admiring the signboard outside the store and immediately stood up.

Since meeting Song Yin last time, he couldn't forget about this beautiful female doctor.

After returning home, after a small investigation, he found out that she graduated from a prestigious university, came from an educated family, and was a female academic achiever since childhood. As for her personality, her treatment of that fool (Bai Ye) showed her virtue and kindness, suitable for family life. She was simply the perfect match.

This man in a suit was also in his early thirties, looked decent, successful in his career, and had a say even in the vast Jincheng Group. He could be considered a social elite.

He thought that perhaps he could make a move on this beautiful female doctor, and the two of them could embark on a romantic love story.

Isn't it beautiful when lovers finally come together?

Even if they parted ways, it could still add a wonderful memory to life.

Therefore, after making up his mind, with a smile that was three parts confidence, three parts romance, and three parts charm, the man in the suit walked to the door of the store.

However, just as he stepped out of the door, he saw the beautiful female doctor saying something to that idiot with autism, Bai Ye.

And Bai Ye, quite impatiently, waved his hand and said, "Got it, you've been saying it all the way, no more overnight stays in the future."

Listening to this complete sentence, the man in the suit felt his smile freeze instantly.

He was petrified.

"I told you not to mention staying overnight!" Song Yin looked at Bai Ye, very angry.

"You were the one who mentioned it all along." Bai Ye felt wronged.

"I mentioned it to prevent you from mentioning it." Song Yin's chest heaved visibly.

"I won't mention it anymore." Bai Ye said.

"...Anyway, no overnight stays, do you understand?" Song Yin painstakingly reminded and worried about Bai Ye's healthy growth.

Bai Ye nodded, indicating he understood.

Song Yin let out a long sigh, turned slightly, and realized that the topic she had just discussed with Bai Ye was somewhat inappropriate — at least at this location and time.

She awkwardly smiled, shifted the topic, and asked, "Are you here alone?"

Upon hearing Song Yin's question, the man who was petrified due to embarrassment appeared more embarrassed than Song Yin: "Yes, I'm alone. Mr. Bai hasn't returned from out of town. Everything is prepared. I've placed the numbers of some suppliers and repairmen on the counter. Don't worry about utilities; the group will handle the payments. If there's anything you don't understand or need assistance with, please call this number, and we'll send someone to help."

The man hastily finished saying all he needed to and handed Song Yin a business card before hurriedly leaving.

This place of heartbreak, this shattered dream, he never wanted to return here again.

Rich people are all jerks!

"He looks like he's about to burst into tears." Bai Ye looked at the car's rear.

"Don't talk nonsense, let's go." Suddenly, Song Yin felt exhausted. Although Bai Jincheng offered her a high price, the money wasn't easy to earn.

The store was already set up, using high-end materials, with almost no smell.

Even some basic products were already neatly arranged on the shelves.

However, at the moment, there were only snacks, beverages, and similar items.

Song Yin glanced briefly; they were all quite popular products, so selling them wouldn't be an issue.

To some extent, they could earn back a little capital. Neither Song Yin nor Bai Jincheng had any expectations for the profits of this super spatiotemporal civilization trading pavilion.

"Click, click."

While Song Yin was observing, she heard a sound from behind. When she turned around, Bai Ye had already opened a packet of potato chips and started eating.

Seeing Song Yin looking at him, Bai Ye passed the chips over.

Song Yin sighed softly; the road ahead was long and arduous.

Fortunately, Bai Ye didn't cause any trouble for the rest of the day and even managed to make a few deals in the afternoon. He seemed no different from an ordinary store manager—though his attitude toward customers was a bit colder.

It was essentially a "Buy if you want; my store's name is the best in the world. If you find it funny, it's because you don't appreciate it" sort of provoking demeanor.

Originally, Song Yin wanted to teach Bai Ye a bit about doing business or how to handle things more gracefully.

However, Bai Ye eloquently rebutted her with the concept of a seller's market. Regarding how to handle matters, Bai Ye felt that among the rich second generation, he, who didn't snatch anyone's girlfriend, was indeed a conscientious representative.

Song Yin really wanted to say, "Where in the world is your trading pavilion a seller's market!"

But later, she thought that all things should progress gradually, so she let it go.

Approaching dinner time, Song Yin ordered two servings of takeout and ate with Bai Ye. After giving some instructions around eight o'clock, she left.

As for Bai Ye, he sat behind the cash register, staring at the computer screen. Around nine o'clock, he picked up the remote control.

The rolling shutter door descended, signifying the formal closure of the Universe's First Super Spacetime Civilization Trading Pavilion for the day.

"Hey, for today's transactions, can I gain any Wealth Points?" Bai Ye leaned back in his chair and asked.

Today's transactions were not conducted through the Wealth Staff, just regular trades.

Bai Ye wanted to know if these ordinary transactions could yield any Wealth Points.

"A large-scale accumulation of trades can accumulate a certain amount of Wealth Points," Black replied.

"But it won't be much, right?" Bai Ye asked.

"Transactions conducted through the Staff will yield more Wealth Points," Black stated.

Bai Ye nodded slightly.

For ordinary transactions without the Staff, although Wealth Points could still be obtained, the "quantity" aspect was almost negligible. It could be considered a supplementary benefit.

Actually, even with transactions conducted through the Staff, if they were similar to today's trades, the Wealth Points gained were extremely limited, much less than the first time as a taxi driver.

After all, the present Bai Ye wasn't just an ordinary person anymore. As a Level 2 Executor with 1662 Wealth Points, he could be considered a person with some "capital."

He turned off the lights on the ground floor and went to the apartment on the second floor, splashing cold water on his face to refresh himself.

Bai Ye said, "Teleport."

He disappeared directly within the room.

...

When he reappeared, it was already on a deserted wharf in Gotham City, the same place where Adrian had met the Penguin last time.

However, that seemingly scrapped cruise ship had gone further away, whether it sailed there or drifted with the tide.

Taking out a few banknotes from his personal space, Adrian walked for about half an hour and arrived at a relatively bustling street. He hailed a taxi and gave an address.

This address was the research lab location that the Penguin had helped Adrian find during their chaos at the Arkham Asylum.

Bane found it satisfactory and didn't change it.

Now that Adrian had arrived, he also felt satisfied.

Unlike the secretive and unsavory underground basement at Arkham, Adrian's research centre was situated on the top floor of a large building, with a bustling and prosperous street below.

According to the Penguin, places like these were safer.

For example, his Iceberg Lounge was an excellent example.

The only thing that Adrian wasn't quite satisfied with was the name, "Adrian's Medical Research Center." He didn't know who named it, but according to Adrian's aesthetics, it should have been called the Universe's First Super Spacetime Civilization Medical Research Center.

After getting out of the car and waiting at the foot of the building for a while, a man around two meters tall, strong but without any sense of clumsiness, approached Adrian.

This man's face wasn't considered handsome, but it was sharply defined, very masculine, a standard tough guy.

This tough guy quietly said to Adrian, "Let's go."

Adrian stared at the person, furrowing his brows, "You are..."

He didn't continue his sentence.

The man opened his mouth, shaping invisible words, "Bane."

"So, you look like this. I thought you were quite ugly." Adrian said, looking at the Bane in front of him, completely normal without the Titan venom injection device and the eerie mask.

Just now, Adrian thought this person was one of Bane's subordinates.

Bane nodded calmly, possibly agreeing with Adrian.

Leading Adrian to the back of the building, in a secluded alley, Bane opened the tightly closed door.

While in the car, Adrian had already contacted Bane, asking him to send someone to pick him up, but he hadn't expected Bane to come personally.

Behind the door was a small room similar to a storage room, with a huge storage elevator door on the west side.

Both of them got on the elevator, and Bane briefed Adrian on the basic situation.

This elevator door led directly to the top floor. Initially, it was a place like a technological research institute, but after they moved out, it became vacant.

After a slight renovation, it could be used as a laboratory for developing Titan drugs, very convenient.

Various defence and security facilities were still under construction, but research had made some progress.

"This research centre is registered under your false identity," Bane said while handing Adrian a dossier.

Inside was Adrian's false identity in this world— Adrian White, an orphan who grew up in an already abandoned orphanage after losing both parents at a young age.

___________________

Read 30 Chapters Ahead!

Patreon.com/SkyImmortal 

2