Chapter 19 : Sacrifice
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the operational laboratory, Adrian looked at the tall and ferocious-looking individuals and asked, "Are they the lab security?"

"No, they are researchers," Bane glanced at Adrian and said, "I used to work with them on the Titan venom development."

Observing the football player-like physiques of the researchers, Adrian remarked that if they removed their slightly tight white coats, they could easily pass as security guards.

"That saves a lot of expenses," Adrian remarked.

"In the current situation, your fifty million is already sufficient," Bane's tone hinted at some excitement as he led Adrian to a row of test tubes, pointing to the deep green liquid inside, "We've made progress."

"So fast?" Adrian picked up one of the test tubes and shook it. The liquid inside wasn't crystal clear, giving a sense of depth, resembling venom more than the original Titan venom.

"The waters of the Lazarus Pit provided me with great inspiration," Bane explained.

"Does the production require water from the Lazarus Pit?" Adrian asked. If making Titan serum required water from the Lazarus Pit as a raw material, its value would significantly decrease as accessing the Lazarus Pit wasn't easy.

"No, not needed," Bane replied. "It's only for reference..." Then followed a string of professional jargon that Adrian couldn't understand.

Adrian didn't interrupt Bane and asked after he finished, "What effects does this batch of serum have?"

"Rage enhancement," Bane's face revealed a sly smile. He wasn't someone who smiled often; a smile from him would be enough to alarm bystanders.

Aside from being a criminal, perhaps he could only become a professional actor.

"After injecting this serum, the individual will rage within a short time frame. Their body will swell, and their strength will increase to a terrifying degree. I haven't conducted specific experiments yet, but based on data partitioning, it's foolproof," Bane explained.

"What about the cost?" Adrian inquired.

"Death," Bane stated. "After injecting this serum, the period of rage should last for three to five minutes, or even shorter, depending on individual physical conditions."

"Isn't that similar to your Titan venom?" Adrian questioned.

"No, it's not," Bane shook his head. "The Titan venom, when injected into an ordinary person, only leads to death. It can't even enhance strength, let alone induce rage. This generation of serum at least gives others a period of rage and increased combat capabilities."

"Right, a widespread, deadly version of the Titan serum?" Adrian nodded. "Then let's call it 'Rage.'"

"That's such an unpleasant name," Bane commented. "I plan to call it Titan Serum Type II."

"Then call it Titan Serum Type II - Rage," Adrian suggested. "Continue the research; we need several directions."

"One direction is to reduce the potency and side effects, achieving a complete widespread effect."

"Another is to enhance potency, seeking even greater combat capabilities."

"And one more direction is towards perfect development," Adrian added.

"Well, but we also need to start human trials. I require more detailed data, and we still need some of the Lazarus Pit water," Bane stated.

"How's it going with the Joker?" Adrian asked.

"It seems they've started taking action; the Penguin is also organizing weapons," Bane replied. "What about us? How do we act?"

"Heh," Adrian chuckled lightly, "It's simple. We find the Joker and give him these serums."

Bane was stunned for a moment and asked, "No other methods?"

"No, that would be too troublesome," Adrian refused. "You escaped from the asylum and want revenge on them. This action suits your goal perfectly. Then we'll have a legitimate reason to participate, covering up our real motives. It would be more troublesome to guard against the Joker through secretive means."

"Even if the Joker knows we're conducting experiments, what difference does it make? Won't he use the Titan serum?" Adrian questioned.

"Alright," Bane nodded. "But how do we retaliate against the Joker? I'm almost certain he's the one funding the asylum from behind; naturally, I despise him deeply."

"That task is, of course, left to Batman," Adrian smiled. "We'll just follow behind Batman to clean up the mess."

Soon, through the Penguin, Bane delivered a batch of newly manufactured Titan Type II - Rage serums to the Joker.

Of course, they weren't given away for free; the Joker paid for them.

The payment was divided into three parts. As the middleman, the Penguin took a 20% cut, while the remaining 80% was split equally between Adrian and Bane.

Adrian received a bank card under his new identity, distancing himself from pocketing petty cash from the Penguin's side, which barely qualified him as middle-class.

Of course, considering his "Adrian's Medical Research Center," Adrian was now among the wealthy, evil capitalist ranks in this world.

With weapons and serums in hand, the Joker acted much faster than Adrian and his team had anticipated.

Initially, Adrian thought he'd have to wait until his next visit to appreciate the Joker's grand show in the asylum.

Unexpectedly, the next evening, he heard the news—Batman had apprehended the Joker and taken him to the asylum.

Commissioner Gordon was there, with many Gotham City Police officers stationed in the asylum to prevent any antics from this madman.

And that was precisely what the Joker wanted.

Harley Quinn had infiltrated the institution while externally manipulating many of its staff; in reality, the asylum had detached itself from both Director Sharp and the control of the Gotham City Police. All the Joker had to do was make a slight move, and chaos would erupt instantly.

When Bane found Adrian, Adrian was watching the news about the asylum on TV—

Gotham City's notorious criminal, the Joker, was up to something again.

This time, he had control of one of Gotham City's most dangerous places, Arkham Asylum. He had released the criminals inside, holding several hostages, including Gotham's conscience, Commissioner Gordon, and a considerable number of asylum staff.

He forbade anyone from entering the asylum, including any support forces. He wanted to play alone with Batman.

Tonight, Batman would be the only one facing a group of extremely vicious criminals and lunatics on this perilous island.

Gotham City's police officers were also facing a tragedy.

In the presence of Batman, most of the time, they were no different from ordinary civilians—used as hostages while awaiting Batman's rescue.

Their chances of being taken hostage were higher, and their mortality rate was also higher.

"Let's go, let's head to the island," Bane, carrying a bulging backpack on his back, indicating the Titan venom device he had installed. Tonight, he and Adrian were also going to the island.

The threat of the Joker not allowing anyone onto the island didn't affect Bane or Adrian.

Behind Bane, there were also two men, not particularly tall but very burly, each carrying a huge box.

These contained necessary tools and weapons.

These two individuals also had Titan venom injection devices, allowing them to take a small amount without risking their lives. They couldn't become human tanks like Bane, but their combat abilities would significantly increase after the injection.

Upon reaching the island, Adrian looked at the small tracker in his hand. The Titan Type II - Rage serum sold to the Joker was directly loaded into small injectors.

These injectors also had WeChat signal transmitters within a certain range.

The cost was quite expensive, but the Joker footed the bill.

For the Joker, as one of Gotham City's top criminals, he was never short of money and didn't care about it either.

"Two have been used already and are in the same place," Adrian said, looking at the tracker's displayed location.

They were in the eastern part of the island, with most of the western and central parts surrounded by Gotham City police officers driving yachts. There was only a small gap in the east.

A few people managed to slip through the gap and land on the island.

The location displayed on the screen was in the middle of the island. To move from the east to the center, they needed to pass through a gate.

Most of the criminals were hiding inside the island's buildings. Only a few were roaming in the open space, shouting loudly.

Upon seeing Bane, some who weren't quite in their right minds rushed forward to do something.

Bane gave them a slap that nearly knocked them half-dead.

A few others flattered and urged Bane to deal with Batman, claiming Batman was in the middle of the island.

However, the eastern part of the island had already been visited by Batman, and quite a few people had been beaten unconscious by him and remained in a coma.

They wouldn't wake up for three to five hours.

Meanwhile, the Joker was having a delightful time, holding the most critical hostage—Gordon—and teasing Batman, enticing him to chase after him in a game of cat and mouse.

After driving away those who wanted to follow, Adrian and his team arrived at the gate leading to the island's center.

It was a completely sealed gate, not the kind with hollow iron bars.

There was a small slit in the middle, indicating that the gate opened from the center.

According to the criminals' information, Batman should have crossed from the eastern to the central part of the island through this gate. However, for some reason, this solid gate remained closed.

Adrian walked to the side of the gate, where there was a keypad and a monitor-like device above.

He randomly pressed a few numbers, and the broadcast on the other side of the gate emitted a series of beeps indicating an incorrect password.

"I didn't bring a decoder; otherwise, I could crack it," Bane said with a furrowed brow.

At that moment, an arrogant voice blared through the gate's broadcast, "Give up, Batman. You can't outsmart the smartest person in the world. You're trapped here until your old friend Gordon dies. Remember, his death is because you lost to the world's smartest person!"

______________________

Read 30 Chapters Ahead!

Patreon.com/SkyImmortal 

2