Chapter 2: Strong Soul
90 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the info shown on the stone plate, the expressionless middle-aged test attendant standing at the side showed a rarely seen smile as he looked at the young girl and congratulated: "Ms. Xuner, I believe that you will be able to reach Dou master."

"Thank you." The young girl nodded slightly. Her calm face did not show any happiness due to the praise. She just quietly turned around, and under the ashamed yet passionate gazes of numerous men, she slowly walked to the back, in front of the genius young man.

The young girl paused her steps, she bowed towards the young man and slightly tilted her head and said with smiling eyes: "Brother Xiao Yan."

On the young girl's face, an elegant smile appeared which made the surrounding people envious.

"Xuner, I am almost surpassed by you again."

Looking at this girl who had grown into the brightest pearl in the clan, no matter how strong Xiao Yan had grown in these few years, no matter how mature he was, the girl in front of him, who had grown up together with him, was still the biggest soft spot in his heart.

Although Xiao Yan normally liked to talk nonsense and showed off his own ability, and enjoyed the shout of astonishment, and being worshiped by girls like Xiao Mei.

However, his feelings towards Xuner had never changed from the very beginning.

"Achievement comes first, it seems that in the future I would have to call you senior sister Xuner."

"Brother Xiao Yan, you are still making fun of Xuner." Xiao Xuner's little round face pouted, and said in a childish and heartwarming voice.

Xiao Mei looked at the two flirting with each other, she laughed at herself and said dispiritedly: "I have never been able to compare to her, no matter how hard working I am, I could not surpass her."

The goddess had the intention yet the king did not have the dream. There were intentions behind the falling flowers, flowing water running without mercy.

"Young patriarch and Xuner are truly a match made in heaven."

"Yes, they are basically childhood sweethearts, their talent and ability are also very strong."

"Why does everyone like the young patriarch? Can't you leave some for us?"

Amidst the background sound of envy, Xiao Yan and Xuner walked out of the plaza together. Queuing to wait for the last result was just an excuse, the main objective was to hook up.

Along the way, Xuner was teased by Xiao Yan that smiled like a flower blossom. Only when he was in front of Xuner would this 15-year-old young man be so humorous like a drunk man.

On the stage, the clan elders and the current patriarch, Xiao Zhan, gazed at the two of them.

The great elder touched his own beard, feeling happier the more he looked at them, and said: "I feel that Xiao Yan, this kid and Xuner truly suit each other."

Second elder nodded slowly and said: "If the two of them marry each other, given time, our Xiao clan in Wutan city would definitely become the strongest clan."

Third elder also nodded happily.

Except for Xiao Yan's father and the clan's patriarch, Xiao Zhan, who had a sad face as he said in worry: "After all, Xuner is not our clan member, I'm afraid these things are difficult to decide."

Only Xiao Zhan knew, although he had only met Xuner's father once, however, it was enough to make him understand. That man was definitely stronger than him, in fact it was much much stronger. If something bad happened, the whole Xiao clan might be destroyed.

The moon was like a silver plate, with stars covering the sky.

At the top of the cliff, Xiao Yan was topless as he trained his Dou skill against a rock. The explosive sound of punches and kicks resounded on the firm rock as he continued until he ran out of Dou qi. His ability was not without reason. Other than when he was cultivating, he also understood the importance of Dou skill.

Merely having power without skill would make him a barbarian.

"Unknowingly, it has been 15 years." Xiao Yan sighed out as he raised his head to look at the bright and clear moon and muttered.

In his previous life, Xiao Yan was only an ordinary member of society. Money, beautiful people, all of these things were not connected to him at all. There was not even a point of intersection. So, when he arrived in this Dou Qi continent, Xiao Yan learnt from his experience and cultivated desperately.

Furthermore, due to having the experience from two worlds, his soul was much stronger than others. This was also one of the reasons why Xiao Yan could gain twice the result using half the effort.

In the Dou Qi continent, the soul was inherent. Perhaps it could slightly gain strength as they mature. However, there was no method that could purely cultivate the soul.

Xiao Yan's fame as a genius continued to increase, but he was always strict with himself and did not dare to slack off. After all, Xiao Xuner, that girl was not a transmigrator but was able to keep up with his cultivation.

This gave Xiao Yan pressure, he obviously understood the logic of being a frog in the well.

Not to mention that Wutan city was just a small city at the edge of Jia Ma Empire. In the Jia Ma Empire, there were stronger existences.

Xiao Yan's eyes suddenly shone as he turned around and looked at the figure that suddenly appeared before releasing his breath as he smiled warmly towards the dark woods: "Father, you are here?"

Xiao Yan's soul sense was much stronger than a Dou master or even Dou grandmaster. Xiao Zhan had not even approached before Xiao Yan noticed the movement in the woods.

From the woods, after a moment of silence, Xiao Zhan's helpless voice was heard: "Yan er, you, do you not know how to love your own body? To cultivate until so late every night, and still cultivated early in the morning. Do you think you are made of iron?"

As the tree branches shook, a middle-aged man appeared, although he was scolding with his mouth, but the smile on his face could not be hidden. Looking at his own son that was standing under the moonlight, he became more and more satisfied.

What was feared most in cultivation was to give up halfway, arrogance and self-satisfaction. Seeing that his own son did not become smug due to being called a genius, and continued to cultivate every day, as a father, he was naturally happy.

The middle-aged man was wearing a luxurious shirt, his steps were majestic as a moving dragon and tiger's steps with a pair of thick eyebrows on his face that added to his boldness. He was the Xiao clan's patriarch while at the same time Xiao Yan's father, a 5-star Dou grandmaster, Xiao Zhan!

"Father, why have you not gone to rest?"

Looking at the middle-aged man, Xiao Yan's mature temperament immediately disappears. The smile on his face became more apparent. Although he had his previous life's memories, however, ever since he was born, this father in front of him had always doted on him, as such, he could accept in his heart to call him father.

"You are now 15 years old, right? You are going to have your coming-of-age ceremony in a year. When that time comes, you will truly be the clan's young patriarch."

Although currently Xiao Yan was called young patriarch by the clan members, and could be said to be fixed, but for the status to be formally recognized, it still needed to wait until Xiao Yan's coming of age ceremony.

"This is not something that is big, after all, I am just being called that way by other people."

"That is different, once you become the young patriarch, you can train a stronger Xuan-grade skill. Our clan's highest Dou skill is Xuan-grade. Yan er, if you want to become stronger, stronger Dou skill and technique are required. The earlier you cultivate a stronger technique, the better it is for you."

Xiao Yan just laughed and did not say anything. He just touched the ring worn on his right hand. He actually did not lack strong skill and technique.

"Alright, stop smiling. I came here to call you to go back and rest earlier. There is an important guest tomorrow."

"Hehe, I will cultivate a bit more."

"You stinky kid, quickly go back and rest."

The next morning, Xiao Yan was doing a simple body exercise in his room, when an old voice was heard outside the room: "Third young master, patriarch asked you to go to the main hall!"

Third young master, Xiao Yan, was the third child in his family. He had two more older brothers. However, they had gone outside for training and would only return home at the end of the year. In a way, these two brothers were quite good towards their younger brother.

"Alright." Xiao Yan casually replied, changed his clothes and walked out of his room before looking at the old man wearing a green shirt outside of his room with a smile and said: "Let's go, steward Mu."

Xiao Yan's heart was filled with questions, what kind of guest made father so cautious.

2