Chapter 3: Break the Engagement
87 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the young man's immature expression, the green clothed old man nodded kindly: "Young patriarch seemed to have become stronger."

Xiao Yan smiled lightly and said: "Steward Mu, I just tested yesterday, how can I increase so fast."

"Hahaha, it might be the feeling that the young patriarch unconsciously gave out."

Xiao Yan followed behind the old steward along before finally stopping in front of the guest reception hall as he respectfully knocked on the door and lightly pushed it and entered.

The hall was spacious even though there were many people inside. There were only Xiao Zhan and the three clan elders sitting at the front. The three elders' authority was not lower than the patriarch.

On the left side below them, senior clan members, who had some authority and were quite strong, were seated. Beside them, there were also younger generations who had good performance within the clans.

When Xiao Yan arrived, all the younger generations greeted him with a smile.

"Good day, young patriarch."

"Good morning, young patriarch."

"Young patriarch's cultivation improved again."

"Hehe, Yan er, quickly come here and take a seat." Looking at the arriving Xiao Yan, he nodded at him while waving his hand as he said.

Xiao Yan smiled and nodded. He immediately walked towards the seat below the three elders. Xiao Yan's current position was actually almost the same as the elders. They could be said to be on the same level and Xiao Yan also sat directly beside Xuner.

Xuner's position within the Xiao clan was special. Although she had no authority within the clan, even Xiao Zhan, the clan's patriarch, treated her with respect, to the point where she could do whatever she wanted.

It's just that what made Xiao Yan confused was that Xiao Zhan's guests were actually two old men and a young girl who was almost the same age as him.

The young girl was prettier by a few points than Xiao Mei. Within the clan, Xiao Xuner, who was like a green lotus, might be the only comparable to her. 

There was a green pendant hanging from the girl's delicate earlobe. When it shook, it would release a clear sound which gave a touch of elegance. Furthermore, on the girls' budding chest, three stars were hung.

Xiao Yan frowned as he thought in his heart: "3-star Dou practitioner, if this girl did not depend on external stimulation, then she would be a top genius. To actually be able to have the same cultivation as me."

"As expected of someone from the Yunlan Sect."

Xiao Yan's eyes shrunk as he saw the cloud silver sword on her robe and immediately knew that she was from the Yunlan sect.

If the Xiao clan was considered the tyrant of Wutan city, then the Yunlan sect could perhaps be considered the tyrant of the whole Jiama empire.

Then the girl in front of him was already known.

Nalan Yanran

Simply said, she was Xiao Yan's betrothed.

"What is she here for?"

No matter how Xiao Yan cracked his head, he could not think of the reason for her to come to this faraway place.

He had not even had his coming-of-age ceremony so the matter of engagement should not be mentioned right now, right?

Nalan Yanran also saw Xiao Yan's arrival but what surprised him was that stubbornness could be seen in Nalan Yanran's eyes, seemingly having decided something.

Nalan Yanran stood up, and said seriously: "Patriarch Xiao, I come to the Xiao clan today to cancel my engagement."

!!!!!!??

Everyone was immediately stunned on the spot, not to mention the younger generation being stunned, even the three elders and Xiao Zhan were also stunned.

What did you mean?

This engagement was made between the elder generations. It was an engagement made by Xiao Lin, Xiao Yan's already deceased grandfather, and Nalan Yanran's grandfather, Nalan Jie.

Previously, Xiao Zhan also had a correspondence with Nalan Jie, and both sides were very satisfied with each other's child.

Last night, Xiao Zhan knew that Nalan Yanran wanted to come, so he went to the top of the cliff to ask Xiao Yan to rest earlier as he thought that there might be good news.

He never thought that it was the other way round.

Xiao Zhan exchanged glances with the few elders. Confused at what was wrong, and asked doubtfully: "Niece Nalan, did you make a mistake? When I exchanged letters with your grandfather, there was no mention of cancelling the engagement."

When Nalan Yanran was questioned, she did not retreat, and firmly said: "This is my own decision, it had nothing to do with my grandfather and the Nalan clan."

Good girl, no wonder Nalan Yanran brought these two old men from the Yunlan sect with her. She spoke of relationships like she was going out. She just decided by herself then asked a few people to follow her then immediately went out.

"Cough." Seeing the confusion, the old man standing beside Nalan Yanran stood up and saluted at Xiao Zhan and said: "Hehe, Patriarch Xiao, Yanran entered our sect 5 years ago and showed a top talent in cultivation and was liked by the sect master. According to the sect master's words, cultivation is also cultivating the mind. Having a clear conscience is the most important for a cultivator. So, he wanted to ask Patriarch Xiao to allow the cancellation of the engagement."

"Crack!" The jade cup in Xiao Zhan's hand exploded into powder.

The reception hall became silent. If Nalan Yanran could be said to be impulsive, Geye could definitely not be said to be impulsive. This was obviously premeditated.

However, after a while, countless gazes that seemed to want to swallow someone stared at Geye and the other two. Not to mention Dou grandmaster like Xiao Zhan and the elders, even clan members who were only 4th and 5th grade Dou disciples also released a teeth-clenching sound.

Humiliation!

Xiao Yan was their young patriarch, he was their clan's future, their pride, and he actually had his engagement cancelled! This slap was immediately felt by all the Xiao clan members.

Geye and the other two felt like they had entered a wolf den and were stared at by a group of ferocious wolves. The moment the wolf king gave the command, everyone would disregard their status as members of Yunlun sect and came out to bite them.

This was Xiao Yan's charisma.

Geye smiled apologetically: "Patriarch Xiao, we know that today we are very impolite, I will provide a gift as compensation."

After speaking, Geye a jade-plated chest from his storage ring, a strange scent immediately covered the whole hall.

"This Pill king Guhe…"

Before Geye finished speaking, Xiao Zhan clenched his fist, green coloured flaming dou qi gradually covered his whole body before condensing into an illusory lion head.

This was the Xiao clan's top technique: Raging Lion! Grade: Xuan-middle-grade!

Seeing Xiao Zhan's reaction, Geye was surprised, eagle claw-like hands moved and the green coloured dou qi condensed into an eagle claw while emitting slight sword intent.

Yunlan sect profound technique, green wood fast sword! Grade: Xuan-low-grade!

Along with the dou qi collision of the two people, the chest on Geye's hand fell to the ground. The longan sized medicinal pill came out of the chest and rolled on the ground.

But unexpectedly, all the Xiao clan members did not even look at the medicinal pill rolling on the ground. The Xiao clan's rage even covered the pill's medicinal scent.

Geye looked at the medicinal pill on the ground then at the surrounding people's eyes. In front of such a precious treasure, not a single one of them were showing greed. Every single one of them were angry.

In the end, Geye looked at the young man sitting at the side, who was looking like an outsider while drinking tea and did not speak of anything from the very beginning to the end.

He, Geye, had made a mistake. This young man was able to let the whole clan come together. This kind of ability!

Even though in the Yunlan sect, everyone would listen to the sect master, there were still different parties in it.

"Yanran, should we first return and look at the long-term plan?"

A footfall was heard as Nalan Yanran took a step forward and said seriously: "I entered the Yunlan sect five years ago, after cultivating with the sect master, I understood one thing. I, Nalan Yanran, will be the one to decide how I will live my life, I, Nalan Yanran, will be the one to decide who I will be married to!"

The hall suddenly became quiet, even Geye was surprised by Nalan Yanran's firm decision.

Clap clap clap. From within the hall, sounds of clapping were heard, looking towards the voice, it was Xiao Yan who was clapping.

"I will be the one to decide how I will live my life. Not bad. I, Xiao Yan, also had someone in my heart. This engagement should be cancelled."

After hearing that Xiao Yan had someone in his heart, Xuner, who was sitting at the side, blushed and she started to imagine a lot of things.

Xiao Yan, from the beginning, had been smiling in self-confidence. From when he sat to the time he stood up, he looked at his 'fiancé' and said: "However, you had raised the matter of dissolving the engagement to my father in front of everyone. Then, my father, the patriarch's face can be said to have been smeared. In the future, he would become other's laughing stock. Greatly damaging his reputation."

While Xiao Yan was speaking, his gaze became frighteningly cold.

He did not really care whether he was engaged or not. However, if the engagement brokered by both sides was suddenly cancelled just like that, how can they, the Xiao clan, stand firm.

"I, Xiao Yan, am also not an unreasonable person. One move, If you can receive my one move, the engagement will be cancelled."

4