Chapter 4: Misread
72 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Xiao Yan's words were said, it surprised everyone.

Even Geye, who had originally thought that he had misread him, once again felt that he misread again.

Geye shook his head in his heart: "Hai, self-esteem causes trouble. Yanran cultivated the sect's Xuan-upper-grade technique. Even the green wood fast sword had reached small accomplishment. For a small clan at such a faraway place, I'm afraid they do not even have a Xuan-upper-grade technique."

Indeed, Geye's guess was correct, in the whole Wutan city, the highest Dou technique was only Xuan-middle-grade. The higher the technique, the cultivated Dou qi would be more tyrannical and deeper. The performed Dou skill would naturally be stronger.

The so-called higher official level crushes people to death, cultivation technique also followed the same logic.

It's just that Geye did not realize. Hearing Xiao Yan mentioning such an 'irrational' bet, all the Xiao clan disciples in the hall, including Xiao Zhan and elders, none of them felt that something was wrong!

At this moment, none of them noticed the basis of such a bet.

When Nalan Yanran heard these words, she showed a slight smile and the way she looked at Xiao Yan became much better.

"Is this for real?"

Before Xiao Yan could reply, Xiao Mei interrupted loudly: "Brother Xiao Yan always keeps his word, unlike someone."

Nalan Yanran's eyelids suddenly jumped. In the Dou qi continent, engagement was like in ancient times, it followed parents' orders and matchmaker's words. It was unjustified for Nalan Yanran to cancel the engagement without informing her own grandfather, Nalan Jie.

Xiao Yan confidently nodded his head and said: "Of course it is true."

"It's just that, if you can't bear it, then I will go to your Nalan house to divorce my wife in public."

!!!!!

"You!" Nalan Yanran was surprised, she wanted to retaliate but did not know what to say, her face turned green in anger as she clenched her fist.

Because the matter said by Xiao Yan, was what she was currently doing.

What Nalan Yanran said sounded good, however, it actually contained her own temper and willfulness. 

Although Xiao Yan did not oppose Nalan Yanran's wish to be independent, however just to pursue her own freedom, she actually hurt his father. This was something that Xiao Yan could not forgive.

Although Xiaoyan was smiling and his tone was gentle, Nalan Yanran could see from his eyes. If she was truly unable to receive his one move, Xiao Yan would definitely do what he had said.

Xiao Yan was very vengeful.

Nalan Yanran breathed deeply, and a flame of green dou qi surged from her body. Nalan Yanran cultivated a wind-attributed technique.

Nalan Yanran put her index and middle finger together to form a sword and a spiraling green colored wind condensed into a sword.

Green wood fast sword, to be able to cultivate this skill to the point of manifestation, showed that Nalan Yanran indeed had the talent desired by the Yunlan sect.

Nalan Yanran originally did not want to use high level technique to bully others, but she definitely could not lose the bet mentioned by Xiao Yan.

Xiao Yan looked at Nalan Yanran, and smilingly bantered: "Wait, I missed one thing."

"You want to eat a pill?" Nalan Yanran frowned slightly, there were indeed medicinal pills that could temporarily have Dou practitioner's power.

Xiao Yan ignored her. He just put his hand into his pocket to look for something and took out a golden colored star under the Geye and the rests' dumbfounded look and casually attached it to his own chest.

They obviously knew what that golden colored star signified. It was a proof of Dou practitioner! In other words, Xiao Yan was already a 1-star Dou practitioner!

When Xiao Yan once again took out another golden colored star, Geye's expression started to change and became unnatural. He was actually a 2-star Dou practitioner!

At this moment, Geye noticed the surrounding Xiao clan disciples were laughing. They looked like they were looking at a joke.

Geye's heart dropped, a frightening guess rose from his heart: "No, it can't be."

When Xiao Yan once again put his hand into his pocket, Geye's guess was verified.

"Th, th, three-star Dou practitioner!!!"

Looking at the three gleaming stars, Geye and the other old man were unable to calm down!

When they arrived, they indeed heard about Wutan city's genius, Xiao Yan, but at that time, they did not care about it, they thought that this small city's 14- or 15-year-old genius would at most be 9th grade Dou disciple. With some external help, perhaps at most he could barely reach Dou practitioner.

They were wrong, extremely wrong!

How could they listen to a younger generation's words and come to Wutan city to cancel the engagement? It was because Nalan Yanran, who was in the early 14-year-old, had become a 3-star Dou practitioner and had been accepted by the sect master, Yun Yun, as a disciple and there was even an intention to cultivate her into the future sect master.

A talent that could reach 3-star Dou practitioner at the age of 14, as long as there were sufficient resources, she could basically reach Dou emperor.

Geye was only a Dou grandmaster, above Dou grandmaster, there was still Dou spirit, above Dou spirit was Dou king, and it was after Dou king would it be Dou emperor! The distance was like heaven and the earth.

Speaking honestly, he should just please Nalan Yanran on account of her future.

However, Nalan Yanran not only came from a noble family, her grandfather, Nalan Jie, was also a famous Dou king. Furthermore, there was also the assistance from a medicinal pill refined by a 6th tier alchemist, pill king Guhe, that she was able to reach a 3-star Dou practitioner.

In this remote Wutan city, there might not even be a 2nd tier alchemist, but Xiao Yan was able to cultivate to a similar stage as Nalan Yanran.

Taking everything into consideration, didn't it mean that Xiao Yan was an even bigger talent than Nalan Yanran?!

At this moment, in Nalan Yanran's mind, there were only three words: I don't understand!

What's wrong with this world! Even in the history of Yunlan sect, a 14-year-old Dou practitioner was an existence similar to phoenix's feather and Qilin's scale. But in this small remote city, there was actually such a genius!

She could not understand!

It was only now that Geye understood that the young man's confidence came from his own ability!

Xiao Yan's bet was not to give them a way out, he truly believed that Nalan Yanran would not be able to take his one move!

He was serious!

Xiao Yan patted his cloth, the three gold stars shone brilliantly.

"Let's begin, it's already rather late."

Nalan Yanran was currently similar to being difficult to come down after riding a tiger. If she retreated, then she no longer needed to think about inheriting her master's mantle as Yunlan sect's sect master. Her mentality might even affect her cultivation.

Under everyone's eyes, Nalan Yanran gradually controlled her breathing, her master's words echoed in her heart: clear conscience.

Green wood fast sword's wind suddenly became even more condensed.

Looking at Nalan Yanran's green wood fast sword, Geye silently sighed in relief. So, what if he had the same cultivation level, the technique and skill cultivated by Nalan Yanran were top-grade. Furthermore, she also received the sect master's guidance. Battle power in the cultivation level depended on technique and skill.

"Speaking of which, you have also never seen the young patriarch's battle, right?"

"According to the young patriarch's cultivation, who would go to him to look for trouble."

"However, I heard that a few years ago, cousin Xiao Yu fought against the young patriarch. That time, cousin Xiao Yu had cultivated for a longer time and had a slightly higher grade than the young patriarch."

"It seemed that there was never a battle of the same level."

Nalan Yanran opened her eyes, her eyes shrunk as she rushed like a released arrow, the thin sword in her hand thrusted towards Xiao Yan.

Looking at the strong attack from Xuan-grade skill, Xiao Yan did not panic, the Dou qi in his body immediately covered his whole body and he shouted in his heart: "Octane blast…elbow strike!"

Along with the release of the two's breath, the attack collided against each other. A strong shockwave spread within the hall, vases and cups were shattered.

Soon, a figure was thrown out of the reception hall, and destroyed the reception hall's door with a boom.

Geye had once again misread the situation!

4