Chapter 7: Jie Jie Jie
92 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Purple bluegrass 3 pieces, bone cleansing flower 2 buds, and 1 wood attribute demon core." Xiao Yan took out the ingredients for refining foundation-building spiritual liquid from the storage ring.

The demon core still had traces of blood on it, obviously it had just been collected not long ago. Accurately speaking, it was something hunted by Xiao Yan this morning.

The demon core was a necessary ingredient that acted as the power source, which was why the demon core was a necessity when refining pills. And these demon cores came from demonic beasts.

Every morning, other than supervising the clan members' cultivation, Xiao Yan would go to explore the market with Xuner. After lunch, Xiao Yan would go to the forest to look for medicinal grass and hunt demon beasts. In the evening, he would go to the back mountain to train Dou skill and cultivate Dou qi.

Ten years were like one day.

It was not only because Xiao Yan had the talent to be an alchemist, it was also because there was an ocean amount of pill recipes in the ring. The lowest were the 1st grade pill recipes while the highest were the 8th grade pill recipes. These things provided him with the required specifications to refine pills.

Pill recipes, pill refinement technique, medicinal grass indexes, pill refining experience records, these things pilled more than half of the ring's space. Xiao Yan used up ten years to finish reading everything.

Although he had finished reading, it did not mean that he understood everything.

Actually, this morning, when Xiao Yan picked up the pill, he immediately knew that it was a qi gathering pill. This showed that Xiao Yan's knowledge regarding pills was good enough.

It's just that in the eyes of the Xiao clan members, Xiao Yan was already too strong. In addition to the fact that the great elder also knew about the qi gathering pill, they did not realize that this knowledge was not something that should be known by a 14-year-old.

Even Xuner and Xiao Zhan did not realize it. Perhaps they thought that Xiao Yan might have found about it somewhere.

An hour later, a boom sound was heard, the energy within the demon core suddenly burst out. A terrifying heat surrounded the medicinal cauldron which immediately burnt the medicinal grass that was in the midst of purification.

Pill refinement failed.

"Ai, this 2nd grade pill is too difficult." Xiao Yan rubbed the ashes on his face with a helpless look. Without a teacher's guidance, he was just a noob in pill refinement.

"I used three years to be able to master the refinement for 1st grade pills. This speed is too slow."

If these words were heard by other alchemists, they might pinch Xiao Yan to death. To be able to become a 1st grade alchemist in three years without a teacher's guidance, his talent as an alchemist was higher than his cultivation talent.

Xiao Yan took out the second batch of ingredients and continued refining. Plainly speaking, refining pills was similar to beating monsters to level-up, which was a process of accumulating experiences.

After Xiao Yan became a Dou practitioner, the moment he had collected sufficient medicinal ingredients from the wild or from the market, he would immediately start refining.

Even though Xiao Yan continued refining until he had run out of Dou qi, he still failed to refine the foundation-building spiritual liquid.

"My Dou qi is still too weak, the consumption efficiency when refining was too low."

Just when Xiao Yan started to tidy up the medicinal cauldron to keep it inside the storage ring and started to cultivate his Dou qi, a strong soul power suddenly descended. It not only sealed the whole room, it also sealed Xiao Yan's whole body, completely unable to move.

"Jie jie, I heard rumors that in the remote Jiama Empire, there was a young genius with the surname Xiao. I never thought that it was such a huge fish. The Xiao clan's heritage is actually in such a remote place."

A figure of a person covered in dark cloth was like a ghost, suddenly appearing in front of Xiao Yan. He gently hooked his finger and the storage ring in Xiao Yan's finger flew towards the black figure's hand.

"Re.turn.it.to.me!" Xiao Yan was angry and frustrated, he moved the Dou qi in his whole body to break free but in front of the black-robed man, Xiao Yan's power was like a mayfly trying to shake a tree.

The black-robed man did not pay any attention to Xiao Yan's anger, if not due to having no scruples, Xiao Yan would have become a corpse right now.

The black-robed man's finger touched the ring lightly, all the things inside the storage ring suddenly came out. The black-robed man's powerful soul power wrapped all of the items, in the sea of Dou techniques, skills, pill recipes, and other items, there was a 'living item'.

A chunk of white colored mysterious flame that was emitting a cold aura.

That chunk of flame was sealed in the middle of the storage ring. It was also the most important item to Xiao Yan.

Bone Chilling Flame, ranked eleven among the heavenly flames.

The terrifying nature of the flame was described in books which let Xiao Yan know its preciousness as well as its scariness.

It was a target of numerous alchemists in the continent!

The Dou qi and soul power in Xiao Yan's body desperately crashed onto the seal to the point where blood flowed from the corner of his mouth. He did not care that his body could no longer bear the burden.

"Hm? This is not the Xiao clan's heritage?"

The black-robed man's soul power quickly scanned all the items, especially things made of jade, he checked them three times. But the thing that made him unable to understand was that after he checked everything, all these items did not belong to the Xiao clan. The Dou skills and techniques were also not something that he knew the Xiao clan used.

He originally heard from his subordinate that there was a Xiao clan in Wutan city, there was even a young genius, who was so famous that the king of Jiama Empire even knew about him. Which was why he came here himself.

This could be blamed on Nalan Yanran's grandfather, Nalan jie. He was very satisfied with Xiao Yan's cultivation and often boasted in front of the king that he had a genius son-in-law with a surname Xiao.

It's just that he never thought that when the surname Xiao and genius were placed together, it would create trouble.

The black-robed man frowned and locked his gaze on the struggling Xiao Yan, whose eyes started to become bloodshot due to overdraft of soul power.

The black-robed man secretly looked at the room Xuner was in and used his soul power to scan all of the Xiao clan mansion except Xuner's room. But he did not find the thing he was looking for.

The black-robed man tsked and released his soul seal, and held Xiao Yan's neck with one hand, and asked gloomily: "Kid, tell me where's the ancient jade, otherwise, I will destroy the whole Xiao clan."

"I do not know what you are talking about, return the Bone Chilling Flame to me!" Xiao Yan continued to attack using octane blast, the skill that defeated Nalan Yanran could not even break the black-robed man's cloth.

This terrifying difference in power, let Xiao Yan understand, the black-robed man's cultivation in front of him, might be above Dou spirit or even above Dou King!

"Bone Chilling Flame? This trashy heavenly flame?" The black-robed man's finger slightly shook and the ranked eleven heavenly flame, the Bone Chilling Flame, that was pursued by numerous alchemists, was like a children's toy, being played around in his hand.

The black-robed man smiled as he induced: "Kid, tell me where the ancient jade is, I can teach you how to refine pills."

When Xiao Yan saw the Bone Chilling Flame being played around in the palm of the black-robed man, he had stopped struggling. Xiao Yan was not an idiot, he understood that the black-robed man in front of him was so much stronger than what he knew. The reason the black-robed man did not kill Xiao Yan was because he had some consideration.

Seeing that Xiao Yan no longer struggled, the black-robed man let his hand go, he was actually also afraid that Xiao Yan died. If that person truly left something behind on Xiao Yan's body, then he would also be harmed.

Xiao Yan also realized this point. The black-robed man had always been using his soul power, he did not dare to use Dou qi, seemingly afraid that his Dou qi was leaked.

Xiao Yan had regained his original calmness and he said coldly: "You have seen everything that I have, I do not know anything about the ancient jade you mentioned. You also do not have the qualification to teach me alchemy."

The black-robed man seemed to have heard a huge joke: "Jie jie jie! Not qualified? Not qualified! I, Hun Huzi, am not qualified to teach people alchemy!!"

2