Chapter 8: Fluttering Butterfly
92 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This soul ring of yours was just an inheritance of an 8th grade alchemist, not to mention that the soul imprint on the soul ring had dissipated, the soul within it had died in both body and soul. I, Hun Huzi, am the number one alchemist in the Dou Qi continent and you say that I am not qualified?”

Xiao Yan recalled a book within the ring that showed drawings of various strange treasures in Dou qi continent and recalled the introductions about the soul ring.

The so-called soul ring was an upgraded version of storage ring. Other than being able to store items like a storage ring, the most important function of the soul ring was to be able to preserve the soul!

The soul of a great alchemist was obviously extremely strong. When they were faced with danger, they could separate their soul from their body and hid themselves within the soul ring to preserve their souls.

And for this soul ring to be able to store Bone Chilling Flame, it was obviously a strange treasure.

In the beginning, Xiao Yan still thought that the ring was an inheritance left behind by her mother. After hearing Hun Huzi’s words, it seemed that his mother had picked up this soul ring from somewhere.

The original owner of the soul ring was met with some life-threatening danger and was forced to hide inside the soul ring. However, it still could not prevent its soul from dissipating. The storage ring and Bone Chilling Flame became ownerless.

Hun Huzi looked at Xiao Yan and showed a cold smile: “Jie jie, since you said that I am not qualified, then let me show you, the real pill refining!”

With a shout, he only saw Hun Huzi used his soul power on the floating Bone Chilling Flame and extracted a needle-like thread of flame.

His finger moved like a conductor conducting an orchestra, more white-colored Bone Chilling Flame thread was like a thread entering a needle hole, as it quickly passed through several medicinal herbs.

Seemingly in just a moment, as the flame thread passed through the medicinal herb, like peeling off a cocoon, unparalleled soul power extracted the required medicinal essences while the unneeded medicinal wastes were burned to ashes and fell to the floor.

Finally, the flame thread brought together the medicinal essences and coagulated them into a purple white colored pill.

The pill was formed in just a moment! Although those medicinal herbs were not high-grade herbs, but to be able to refine a pill by just waving a finger, it was like a fantasy. Who would believe it even if it was mentioned outside!

“Kid, your incitement method is too immature.”

Xiu, with a move of Hun Huzi’s finger, the medicinal pill was like a comet as it entered Xiao Yan’s throat.

“Hue!” Xiao Yan immediately wanted to vomit out the pill, but it was too late. The medicinal power immediately circulated through his whole body without giving Xiao Yan any chance to react.

“What did you feed me!”

“Jie jie jie, it is just an ordinary poison pill. If you can detoxify the poison, then you are qualified to become my disciple. Bring my emblem to the kingdom’s hall of souls. If you are unable to detoxify it, hehehe. In your next life, remember not to provoke others carelessly.”

An emblem carved with the word soul suddenly appeared on the table, and Hun Huzi immediately disappeared.

After Hun Huzi disappeared, Xiao Yan’s angry look immediately regained his calmness. His bloodshot eyes also recovered gradually. All of his actions just now were intentional!

When he had guessed that Hun Huzi would not kill him, Xiao Yan immediately had a thought in his heart.

He lacked the guidance from a powerful alchemist. It was fine even if it was just a demonstration for him. This was why Xiao Yan intentionally taunted him.

As for why Xiao Yan focused on the Bone Chilling Flame, it was to let Hun Huzi’s attention to shift towards the Bone Chilling Flame. Xiao Yan needed to maintain a technique that could not be noticed by Hun Huzi.

Flame Mantra, Huang-low-grade technique, could be improved by swallowing heavenly flames. This was also the cultivation technique that Xiao Yan cultivated.

Xiao Yan had many techniques to choose from but in the end, Xiao Yan still chose this mysterious technique.

There were two reasons. The first being that inside Xiao Yan’s soul ring, there was a Bone Chilling Flame. The material was already there and since he no longer needed to go out to find it, he naturally chose this.

The second was that this technique was indeed very strong. Ever since he reached Dou practitioner, Xiao Yan could start to cultivate flame mantra. Ever since he cultivated this technique, he could now approach the Bone Chilling Flame from extremely far away to three meters away as he absorbed the threads of fire released by the flame.

Right now, the flame mantra had improved to Huang-middle-grade, which showed that this technique could indeed swallow heavenly flames and obtain endless improvement.

As for that poison pill, Xiao Yan did not even pay any attention to it. Not to mention heavenly flames had the ability to detoxify poison, as for burning the poison, as long as Xiao Yan could swallow the Bone Chilling Flame, then the poison would be detoxified.

Furthermore, Xiao Yan already knew how to detoxify it.

Xiao Yan crouched down, and collected all the powders left behind by Hun Huzi’s pill refinement, the antidote for the poison was the mixture of these powders.

The medicinal herbs Hun Huzi used to refine the pill were collected by Xiao Yan himself. Obviously, he knew what herbs they were. Those herbs were medicinal herbs, not poisonous grass. They were beneficial.

That was why the antidote for the poison pill was exactly the leftover medicinal powder.

After Xiao Yan consumed all the powders with the help of water, the cold pain in his body immediately disappeared. The leftover medicinal strength even slightly improved Xiao Yan’s Dou qi.

“Ancient jade…what the heck is that, to actually make Hun Huzi come here by himself to rob?”

“How could my Xiao clan have that kind of thing?”

Xiao Yan took the black emblem on the table. The matter that happened today had greatly exceeded Xiao Yan’s scope of knowledge.

Not long after, a knocking sound was heard from outside the door: “Brother Xiao Yan, are you free tomorrow? Can you accompany me to the market?”

Xiao Yan stored everything into his soul ring, and lightly wiped the blood on his cheeks and opened the door.

“Xuner wanted brother to act as guard, obviously brother will do his part.”

When he saw Xuner, Xiao Yan could not help but think. Could it be that Hun Huzi did not dare to kill him because of Xuner?

On another space in Dou qi continent called soul world, the arrogant Hun Huzi actually kneeled on one leg while facing a male’s back.

The man wore a white cloth and seemed scholarly. He was holding fish feed as he fed the fishes in the pond. He liked to see the fishes competing to eat before suddenly being afraid.

When the man had used up all the fish feed, he gradually turned around and calmly said: “Stand up.”

“Yes, patriarch.”

The man took his time questioning: “How was it?”

Hun Huzi respectfully said: “Replying to the patriarch, Xiao clan’s ancient jade might have fallen into the hands of the Gu clan.”

“Hm?” Hearing Hun Huzi’s reply, The Hun clan patriarch, Hun Tiandi, frowned. This was bad news.

Hun Huzi continued speaking: “In the Xiao clan within Jiama Empire, there is a young girl whose body possessed the ember of Gold Emperor Incinerating Heavenly Flame. Although I did not probe the young lady, I have used my soul power to scan the whole Xiao clan and did not notice any ancient jade.”

Hun Tiandi’s eyes became cold. He knew that the 4th ranked Gold Emperor Incinerating Heavenly Flame was a flame inherited in the Gu clan. Only important members of Gu clan would possess an ember of Gold Emperor Incinerating Heavenly Flame.

For there to be a Gu clan member in Xiao clan, then the ancient jade should have fallen into their hands.

“It was the right decision for you to not use your soul power to probe her. That young girl should be Gu Yuan’s daughter. If you accidentally triggered the hidden measures in her body, you would definitely be burnt to ashes.” Hun Tiandi knew how terrifying the Gu clan was. Gu Yuan would definitely not casually place her daughter in such a remote place. Even if it was far away, Gu Yuan could easily destroy the whole Jiama empire.

“What a good clam and crane fight to gain something. In the end, Xiao clan’s ancient jade fell into your Gu Yuan’s hand.”

Hun Huzi asked: “Patriarch, should we kidnap the girl to exchange it with ancient jade?”

After Hun Tiandi considered it for a while, he shook his head and said: “The injury from when I fought against Xiao Xuan had yet to be healed, this is not the time to fight with Gu clan. Let the hall of souls increase their collection of spiritual bodies. It must be completed before the Gu clan obtained the rest of the ancient jade. We can not let the Gu clan obtain the rest of the ancient jade.”

“Yes! Patriarch!”

The butterfly lightly flapped its wings, the lines of destiny had changed greatly.

4