Chapter 10: Alchemist in the Enemy side?
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Yan waved his hand, seemingly blurting out unintentionally: “Hai, never thought that after calling itself the biggest market in Wutan city, it is actually a market that chooses its guest. Different from the Xiao clan’s market on the other side, never differentiating guests, treating guests as though they are Dou king.”

Jialie Ao’s expression changed greatly, if this news spread out, their market’s reputation would be damaged.

“Young master, what should we do?”

Jialie Ao looked at the surrounding guests and merchants, they frowned after hearing Xiao Yan’s words.

For merchants, they obviously hoped to have more customers, how could there be a thought of evicting a customer. Even more so a big spender like Xiao Yan. As for the guests, they also obviously did not wish that when they were shopping, they were suddenly evicted due to some reasons.

After he finished speaking, Xiao Yan did not care about Jialie Ao’s ugly expression as he faced Xuner and said: “Xuner, next time, we should not come to this place that would get rid of a customer. We should just go back to our market.”

Xuner blinked her lively eyes and nodded her head like a good child: “Oh, Xuner understands.”

Seeing Xuner nodding her head at Xiao Yan’s words, both of them turned around to leave. Jialie Ao’s lips twitched. His fists clenched loudly, and he stared at the genius young man with a sinister look.

“Hold up!”

Jialie Ao gradually retreated and opened a path as he clenched his teeth and said: “Since you are here to buy something, then please come in.”

Xiao Yan and Xuner exchanged a smile as Xuner held onto Xiao Yan’s arm to walk through the path opened up by the crowd into the market.

Jialie Ao’s expression was ferocious as he looked at Xiao Yan’s back view, his fingers were cracking. When Xiao Yan was 10 years old, because Jialie Ao teased Xuner, he was beaten violently by the 10-year-old Xiao Yan.

Xiao Yan’s reputation as a genius also started to spread at that moment. Speaking plainly, Jialie Ao had become Xiao Yan’s ladder.

After 4 years, He, Jialie Ao, was a 1-star Dou practitioner while Xiao Yan was already a 3-star Dou practitioner.

It was almost 1 star a year. This speed was extremely scary!

“Find someone to follow them, since they dared to come here alone, if there is a chance.” Jialie Ao made a gesture of slitting a throat.

With Xiao Yan’s strong soul power, he obviously knew that someone was tailing them.

“Three 7-star Dou practitioners, they looked down on brother Xiao Yan too much.” Xuner also noticed someone tailing them, but she was not worried.

If Jialie Ao knew that yesterday Xiao Yan had defeated Nalan Yanran, who had been cultivated by the Yunlan sect’s profound technique, in one move, then they would definitely not do such a stupid thing.

Not to mention Dou practitioner, Dou master, who did not cultivate Xuan-grade Dou skill, was also not Xiao Yan’s opponent.

“Brother Xiao Yan, you actually want to come here, it should not be just to buy something, right?” Xuner’s eyes were filled with wisdom. She knew that for Xiao Yan to take risk going to the enemy's market would not just simply to buy things.

Xiao Yan patted Xuner’s hair and said: “Xuner is truly smart, I can not hide anything from you.”

Being praised by Xiao Yan, Xuner subconsciously showed a smile.

“During the clan’s internal meeting a few days ago, a great elder mentioned something. Jialie and Aoba families’ grandmaster elders had left Wutan city for quite some time. It was unknown what they were doing. That’s why I also came here today to take a look around.” Xiao Yan suppressed his voice as he replied.

If we let the rest of the Xiao clan members come here, they might be conspired against.

“Looking at how brother Xiao Yan is, you should have understood everything, right?”

Xiao Yan could only wave his hand helplessly and smiled wryly: “It seems that I can not lie to Xuner anymore. I have indeed obtained some clues. However, I still need to return to my father to discuss it.”

“Of course, we should first deal with the several bugs tailing us.”

Xiao Yan gradually turned around to face the three Dou practitioners that had been tailing him. Xiao Yan had now entered deep inside the market. This place was still in construction and not yet opened to the public. Naturally, the number of people passing through was less.

“Do you want to go away, roll away yourselves, or do you need my help to do so?” Xiao Yan gazed towards the three 7-star Dou practitioners without concealing his killing intent.

Generally, a Dou master from within a family clan would not be in its own market, clan’s Dou masters were usually responsible for protecting the team collecting medicinal herbs in the wilderness or even brought teams to hunt demon beast for their cores.

The reason why the three main clans would establish a market was because that was the main place where medicinal herbs and monster cores could be sold. Compared to having others sell the goods, wouldn’t it be better for them to sell it themselves?

As long as there were no Dou masters, according to Xiao Yan’s abilities, he could walk sideways.

The three Dou practitioners exchanged glances, the lead Dou practitioner held a spear with red tassel, he used his Dou skill and rushed forward like an arrow. The red tassel spear brought about a strong wind as it stabbed towards Xiao Yan’s throat.

Xiao Yan was calm as he pinched the spear head with his fingers. With a crack, the spear head was broken and thrown towards the opponent’s shoulder and nailed him to the wall.

His right leg hooked the spear on the ground into his hand and used it as a stick to deal with the other two in two moves.

“You guys are weaker than Nalan Yanran.”

If Nalan Yanran heard this, she would definitely vomit blood. She, as Yunlan sect’s proud daughter of heaven, was actually used as a unit of measurement?!!

Xiao Yan walked out of the market and clapped Jialie Ao’s shoulder while saying: “Next time, send a stronger one.”

These words angered Jialie Ao so much that his blood rose to his head and his eyes become bloodshot.

After Xiao Yan returned to the Xiao clan, he informed Xiao Zhan of his investigation result.

“You said that they are preparing to refine and sell pills?”

Xiao Yan nodded his head: “This morning I went to Xiao clan’s market and checked the merchants selling medicinal herbs. The amount of lower grade medicinal herbs had reduced by about half.”

“And the medicinal herbs merchant in their own market had basically no more low-grade medicinal herbs in stock.”

“Low grade medicinal herbs are usually used to refine 1st grade and 2nd grade medicinal pills. If it is just a 1st grade pill, it is still fine. But if it also included a 2nd grade pill, then it would be troublesome.”

After Xiao Zhan had heard his own son’s analysis, his expression had changed greatly. If the Jialie and Aoba families truly had the ability to refine pills, then it would be a great move on Wutan city!

It was truly difficult to fight against the cooperation of two families!

Xiao Yan clapped Xiao Zhan's shoulder and comforted him: “Father, you do not need to worry. 2nd grade alchemist would not easily listen to Jialie and Aoba families’ commands.”

“Furthermore, it is truly impossible, we can ask for help from old man Nalan Jie.”

“So, what we need to do now is to let the herb collection team collect more herbs, reduce the number of herbs being sold, to prevent them from being swallowed by someone. As long as we have the ingredients on hand, we would still have the speaking right.”

Xiao Zhan sighed and nodded his head. Although his father and Nalan Jie are life and death companions, in Xiao Zhan’s heart, he was not willing to ask for help from Nalan Jie. After all, at that time, it was decided for Xiao Yan to accept Nalan Yanran as a wife. If he asked for help from Nalan Jie, wouldn’t they be eating soft rice!

Wouldn’t his own son become a son-in-law!?

As a father, how could he let his own son be called someone who ate soft rice?

Xiao Yan went to the cave at the back mountain alone. He took out the cauldron and a bunch of low-grade medicinal herbs as well as quite a number of demon cores.

Actually, Xiao Yan was only saying it to comfort Xiao Zhan. The one he liked was not Nalan Yanran. He also did not want to have too many connections to the Nalan family.

Only strength would allow him to have the last word.

“It seems that I would have to refine more medicine. If they truly invited a 2nd grade alchemist, it wouldn't be enough for me to only be able to refine 1st grade medicine.”

~~~

Yes, slow start since the protagonist is the original Xiao Yan... Yep, original story but with 'What IF?' elements...

Though not this slow the entire time, it will pick up pace.

3