Chapter 11: Flame Splitting Tsunami
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Yan crossed his legs as he sat down and closed his eyes.

He breathed slowly as he conditioned himself to his peak state.

Xiao Yan started to learn alchemic technique by himself when he was 10 years old. Although he had spent more than 3 years to successfully refined a 1st grade pill and did not manage to refine a 2nd grade pill a year later, however this time round, Xiao Yan was confident that he would be able to refine a 2nd grade pill in two to three months.

Xiao Yan continued to replay the scene of Hun Huzi refining pills in his mind. Although it was only a short few-seconds, these few seconds were something obtained by Xiao Yan by betting his life.

The good thing about having a strong soul power was having a good memory and being able to analyze certain things more clearly.

Especially in observing pill refinement. After all, pill refinement depended on soul power.

Xiao Yan continuously replayed the few second scenes. Continuously slowed down the scene to the point of it being similar to watching a movie with ten times deceleration. Unwilling to let go of even a single detail.

“Try it.”

Xiao Yan placed both his hands in front of the cauldron, condensed his Dou qi flame and threw it into the cauldron as he used his soul power to control the flames’ strength.

Different medicinal ingredients’ purification would require different temperatures and most pills required the ingredients to be purified and then immediately combined together without a single leakage.

Boom! The temperature was too high. The ingredients were spoiled.

“Again.”

Boom! During purification, the position of the ingredient was not properly controlled and combined too early.

“Again!”

Boom! The soul power was too weak, did not properly control the flame, the flame burnt the ingredients, and consumed too much soul power.

“Damn, I…will try again tomorrow!”

Without a teacher’s guidance, Xiao Yan could only use the most idiotic method to train his alchemy.

Day after day, week after week, month after month. In this hidden mountain cave, a young man trained his alchemy every day by himself.

In a flash, three months had gone by.

“Octane blast!”

Xiao Yan’s right fist was aimed at a rock located in the deepest area in the cave, turned his body to concentrate his whole power and punched.

Boom, boom boom! Boom boom boom boom boom!! The firm rock was shaken eight times! Eight repeated burst, octane blast major accomplishment! Xuan-high-grade Dou skill had been cultivated to major accomplishment!

This was a completely unbelievable situation!

Although Xiao Yan had reached 4-star Dou practitioner, he was still a Dou practitioner. His father, Xiao Zhan’s Xuan-low-grade Dou skill, raging lion, had also just reached major accomplishment!

“Hai, I used eleven years to cultivate it to major accomplishment. Am I so untalented?” If this was heard by other people, they might vomit blood.

After all, Xuan-high-grade Dou skill was not something for a Dou practitioner to learn. Xiao Yan could be said to have trained above his level. If not because of the uniqueness of octane blast, where it had more requirements on the physical body than Dou qi, Xiao Yan would not even be able to reach the entry level.

Xiao Yan swept away the haze, his finger touched the storage ring and took out a huge black colored ruler – Heavy Xuan Ruler, and a Dou skill book.

On the surface of the pitch-black ruler, there was a vague mysterious pattern running along the blade which seemed to have enveloped the whole blade which suited the old pitch-black color and gave it a mysterious feel.

“Now, I can finally learn the flame splitting tsunami.”

Earth-low-grade Dou skill – flame splitting tsunami. Xiao Yan had been eyeing it covetously for a long time.

When it was trained to major accomplishment, with a raised hand and foot, one could split mountains and waves and sweep through thousands of armies!

In the very beginning, the one that Xiao Yan wanted to cultivate was not octane blast but this earth-low-grade skill, flame splitting tsunami. This was because the flame splitting tsunami was similar to the octane blast. The requirement was not cultivation, but physique.

Flame splitting tsunami was a type of Dou skill that integrated both Dou qi and physical body.

Which was why, in order to train flame splitting tsunami, it had to be trained using the xuan heavy ruler. With it, one can gain double the proficiency with half the time.

But the problem was that considering Xiao Yan’s body when he was 4 years old, he could not even raise the xuan heavy ruler, how could he even train it. Which was why he chose to first train octane blast.

The moment Xiao Yan held the Xuan heavy ruler with both hands, a huge suppression hit his whole body. Not only was this xuan heavy ruler extremely heavy, it would even seal Dou qi.

When Dou practitioners wanted to raise heavy things, they would fill the cells in their whole body with Dou qi to enhance their strength. But this xuan heavy ruler not only suppressed Dou qi, it was even extremely heavy.

Xiao Yan, who was already a 4-star Dou practitioner, was being suppressed to 1-star Dou practitioner.

“Up!”

Hu! The big xuan heavy ruler was like a huge black iron sword. Xiao Yan raised it using his whole body along with his whole Dou qi. A huge blast of wind blew away the scattered stone fragments.

“It is really heavy. As expected of a weapon paired with the earth-low-grade Dou skill. It was already so troublesome to just raise it up.”

He never thought that this item with an unattractive appearance was so scary. Not only could it suppress the circulation speed of Dou qi in his body to turtle speed, it also had an extremely abnormal weight. It was so heavy that Xiao Yan was almost unable to raise it even after circulating the Dou qi with all his might.

“Luckily, I have learned the xuan-high-grade octane blast to major accomplishment. Otherwise, I would not be able to take out this toy.”

The Dou skill’s grade not only represented its strength. It also represented the difficulty in learning it. In Wutan city, xuan-high-grade Dou skill could still be bought in the Miteer auction house for around four to five hundred thousand taels. However, earth-grade-skill had never appeared before.

Only in the annual auction in Jiama empire’s capital would there be a possibility for it to appear. Furthermore, the price would be around several tens of millions of taels. Sometimes, it could only be bartered with.

“1.”

“2.”

Hu! Xiao Yan waved the Xuan heavy ruler. The entry requirement for flame splitting tsunami was to be able to freely wave xuan heavy ruler. If one could not wave it freely, then one need not mention about cultivating it.

Currently, Xiao Yan was like he was running while being tied with tires. Not only did he have to move, he also needed to run fast. Not only did his body have to be strong enough, he still needed to consume Dou qi to withstand the Xuan heavy ruler’s suppression. The Dou qi consumption was several times higher than usual.

A boom sound was heard, when he had waved for the 50th time, Xiao Yan’s hands shuddered and could not hold the ruler properly as it fell to the ground. Looking at his trembling hands, he knew that his current limit was fifty times.

Each swing would consume a huge amount of Dou qi. His Dou qi was emptied after 50 swings.

Xiao Yan smiled wryly as he shook his head: “It seems that I will not be able to cultivate this Dou skill anymore today. I should recover my Dou qi before refining pills.”

Xiao Yan did not even consider going home before he had consumed all of his Dou qi, soul power, and physical strength!

Xiao Yan put down the Xuan heavy ruler and released the Bone Chilling Flame. He sat beside the flame and operated the flame mantra. Xiao Yan's daily cultivation was to use the flame mantra to absorb the heat released by the Bone Chilling Flame.

Currently, Xiao Yan could already shorten the distance to 1 meter as he absorbed the Bone Chilling Flame.

“Eh? Why is the Dou qi circulation speed so fast!”

Xiao Yan recalled something and looked at the Xuan heavy ruler that was stabbed on the ground.

The exhausted Xiao Yan could clearly feel that the numb muscles in his body and qi circulation was hungrily absorbing the heat released by the Bone Chilling Flame.

Xiao Yan seemed to feel that the explosiveness of his muscles and cells seemed to have unknowingly improved. Furthermore, he felt that he could still shorten the distance towards the flame.

“How unfortunate, if only I could refine a 3rd grade qi recovery pill, and use it during training, the effect would be much better.”

Xiao Yan took out a 2nd grade small recovery pill and foundation-building spiritual liquid. Although the strength was less than 3rd grade qi recovery pill, it could still assist Xiao Yan in recovering his Dou qi, and with the addition of foundation-building spiritual liquid treating his muscles., it let him avoid muscle soreness, which would continue to hurt tomorrow.

He was hurt but happy.

Xiao Yan licked his lips, and looked hotly at the Bone Chilling Flame. No pills could compare to this heavenly flame. If only he could use the flame mantra to swallow the heavenly flame, his ability would definitely rise quickly.

3