Chapter 4
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 ~ Breaker of Chains part 1 ~

Qyburn watched as I paced my chambers like a caged animal, pregnant, that word span around my head, he'd done the tests it was confirmed but Jaime wasn't here he was at the Sept of Balor with his dead son. 


"How sure?" I asked the Maester, I stopped pacing long enough to Storm to come to my side and lean into me, he heat grounded my anxious movements. 


"My lady, we did several different tests, several different ways, you are pregnant" I met his eyes as he walked towards me "my lady, I know you're scared to tell your husband especially after what has happened but i made a vow that I would help you" I nodded slowly and bit my lip. 


"I have to go tell Jaime now then, the longer I wait the worse it will be" I said as I wrung my hands together, I escorted Qyburn from my chambers and began the trek to the Sept, my worries changed from how I was going to break the news to Jaime to where my sister was and what happened while I was loosing my breakfast at the wedding, I kept begging that she'd at least be somewhere safe. 


"Lady Lannister" a guard called as I passed through the gates of the Red Keep "the Lord Commander has asked us to guard you" the younger Lannister guard said with a smile while the older man was more stoic. 


I glanced around at the people bustling in and out of the main gates of the Keep "alright, I was just on my way to the Sept" the younger man nodded and gestured me to lead but I shook my head, "I don't like people at my back, especially armed" he laughed quietly and shook his head. 


"Ser Jaime said you would say something like that" he started to stride away while the older guard lingered closer to my side. 


"You'll have to forgive the boy," he said with a grumble and a head shake "he's too damned happy" I chuckled at his words and watched as the young man practically bounced with every step "I remember Ser Barristan speaking of you fondly, Lady Anaris, a friend of that old coot is a friend of mine" I smiled at the mention of Ser Barristan, I did miss the times we spent speaking to one another. 


"Ser Barristan was always kind to me, he only chose trustworthy people to truly be companions with" I replied "how long have you known Ser Barristan, Ser..." my words stopped, as a procession of mourners gathered at the steps of the Sept, Margaery was at the top with her four ladies in waiting, their heads snapped to me as soon as I placed my foot on the stairs. 


"Rylen Saltcliffe, my lady" he looked at the women who were now whispering amongst themselves, subtly pointing at me "you deserve to be here as much as anyone, he was your good nephew" I looked at Ser Saltcliffe and for a moment he looked at me like Ser Barristan used to, with kindness and fatherly guidance. 


"I thank you, Ser, I hope my husband didn't inconvenience you with having you escort me" he chuckled as we ascended the steps. 


"I serve the Lannister's, you are a Lannister" Margaery curtsied as we passed and I nodded in response, we reached the large doors of the Sept and I turned to Ser Saltcliffe. 


"Thank you for escorting me Ser, I'm sure Ser Jaime will be more then happy to escort me back to the Keep" he smiled and bowed while the younger guard bounced up the steps and opened the door for me. 


"It was our pleasure, my lady" the young guard smiled cheekily at me "we shall wait until Ser Jaime and yourself take your leave" I nodded and walked into the Sept of Balon, I had been in the Sept once, just days ago for the wedding, the place felt like eyes were constantly watching me, judging my every move, I now understood how mother felt when she stepped into the Gods Wood. 


"A king needs a Queen" Tommen said to his grandfather as the moved up the stairs towards me, 


"Yes, to further the family line" Tywin stopped speaking when he saw me standing at the top of the stairs. 


"Anaris" Tommen said with a smile, he rushed into my arms and I hugged him tightly, "thank you for coming" we pulled away and I touched his face gently. 


"I'll always be here when you need me, love" I said making him smile wider, gods he looked like Jaime, that sweet smile that he hid from the world was one his uncle/father had when we were alone.


"We have important business to do, Lady Anaris" Tywin said gruffly making me narrow my eyes in his direction, he was already trying to pull Tommen into his rotten ways. 


"Of course," I said shortly to the man before turning to the boy who was watching us with wide eyes "my door is always open, Tommen, I know Storm enjoys your company" his grin widened and he nodded before his grandfather removed him from my company, I slowly walked down the steps of the Sept to where Cersei was standing by her sons body. 


"The Queen wishes to mourn in peace for a time" I told the High Septon and Silent Sisters who were standing vigil over their fallen king. 


"Yes, of course" he snapped his fingers "all of you" the sisters scurried away as Jaime came down the opposite side of the stairs. 


"Cersei" I started but stopped when I saw her shoulders shaking, I don't want her to lash out, she'd already accused her own brother and my sister of Joffery's death but now I had a feeling she'd get violent because of her grief. 


"He's gone" she whimpered, her knees buckling as I launched myself forward and caught her in my arms before she could fall "my sweet boy, our sweet baby boy" she clutched my body close as she sobbed "avenge our son, kill Tyrion" she begged Jaime who stood behind me. 


"Tyrion's my brother, our brother" I felt Jaime shake his head "There'll be a trial, we'll get to the truth of what happened" she ripped herself away from my arms and glared at Jaime. 


"I don't want a trial, he'll squirm his way to freedom given the chance. I want him dead" she shouted as tears began to flow down her cheeks again "Please, Jaime" she pleaded and the surprise of seeing this side of her staggered me "you have to, he was our son, our baby boy" she was about to collapse again but she shoved my hand away and practically ran up the stairs away from us. 


"Gods" Jaime sighed in frustration as I turned and looked down at his son, I touched my belly that was still flat for a second. 


"Jaime, I have to tell you something," he looked at me with a raised eyebrow and I faltered with my words, the words were like ash in my mouth, we were mourning the death of his eldest son and here I am with child.  


"Ris, if you know where Sansa is, don't tell me, I don't want to know" I shook me head and touched his face, I took a steady breath and spoke fast. 


"I'm pregnant" I said, the words flying out of my mouth that the poor man in front of me was confused by what I'd just said. 


"I'm sorry love but I didn't catch that" he shook his head as if he was clearing his ears and I took another breath. 


"I'm with child" I said louder and more clearer, he blinked several times before looking down at the bodice of my dress, "Qyburn did some tests this morning before I came here and he's as certain about it as he is about having a nose on his face" Jaime was silent making me swallow harshly "I know it's not the right time but we said that if it happens then we'd be in it together" he stepped back. 


"How long?" He asked and I felt my heart leap into my mouth, tears welled in my eyes as he put distance between us. 


"Two months, the last night we were in Harrenhal" i clasped my hands in front of me and twisted my fingers together "Qyburn believes that he must've put the wrong amount of herbs in the draft" Jaime came back to me in an instant. 


"How long have you known?" I furrowed my brows, "if you'd known for two months..."


"Yesterday" I met his eyes, "when I was served the pie I felt sick, Qyburn and Brienne were with me, all those mornings that I'd felt sick and tired, those afternoons I'd been sore" I shook my head "I was going to tell you but then" I gestured to Joffery and Jaime's eyes went to the body behind me. 


"Gods" he mumbled again before swooping in and pulling me into a kiss that was so untamed and unexpected I barely had time to breathe "the timing" he mumbled as his hands pulled me up and into his arms before his fingers found where he was aiming for causing me to gasp out in shock and shiver In delight. 


"Has your timing" I mumbled as his lips crushed against mine once more, he moved me to the floor and ground himself into my thighs making my body tingle "Jaime not here" I mumbled but he was everywhere at once, his hands were in my hair, under my skirts all the while he was grinding against me like it was our last time together. 


"Anywhere" he grumbled, he released himself from his britches and drove into my body with one harsh thrust making me arch my back with a gasp "everywhere" he mumbled as he began to move, my thighs shook with the sensations I was feeling from everything around us, "you are all mine, Anaris, mine" he kept driving into me, pressing his fingers into the bundle of nerves between my legs making me gasp for breath as my belly tightened "soon you're going to be round with my child and I'm going to take you on our balcony so everyone in the Capital knows that only I can have you" his thrusts stuttered for a moment as I exploded around him, my hands gripped his hair and I pulled his mouth to mine so my gasps and moans wouldn't be heard, as I came down from my peak he released into me and gasped out my name. 


"You wouldn't really take me on our balcony for the whole Capital to see would you?" I asked as he kissed my nose and cheeks. 


"Oh I would" he removed himself from me and got up with a cheeky smile "I would make you scream for all to hear" he fixed himself and then help me to my feet, righting my clothing as well. 


"You're a bad man Jaime Lannister" I said as he kissed my lips gently, "are you happy?" I asked him as he lead me up the stairs, leaving the body of his son behind us. 


"I have no words for the amount of happiness I have" he grinned at me as we walked out of the Sept together, looking more dishevelled then two people who were mourning their King should've looked. 


— — — — —


I walked into the whorehouse with purpose, I knew Oberyn and Ellaria would be here, I knew they'd be slaking their thirst with the whores that loved and worked in this establishment and I knew that they would have more then one in the room so it didn't surprise me when I caught them in bed with not one but two whores, one man and one woman. 


"Ah the Wolf, join us!" Oberyn said with a cheeky smile, he beckoned me over but I stayed in place. 


"Unless you have my husband hidden under there I think I will sit this one out" I replied as I poured myself a cup of water, my stomach was rebellious this afternoon, even more so since I'd received my reply from Ser Barristan telling me of the girl named Daenerys, I saw Oberyn shrug and continue on with teasing the male he was entertaining. 


The doors behind me opened and Tywin Lannister looked shocked to see me as he entered, i waggled my fingers at him "Prince Oberyn" Tywin said, clearing his throat as Oberyn lifted his head from the whores tits. 


"Lord Tywin" he sighed, knowing his fun was over, Tywin eyed everyone in the room with slight disgust. 


"May we have the room?" He asked politely but it wasn't really a question that we could say no to, I drained my water. 


"Call my name if you need me, lover" Ellaria kissed Oberyn on the lips and went to take my pre-offered elbow when Tywin opened his mouth. 


"Lady Anaris is going to be part of this conversation" we glared at one another and Ellaria kissed my temple as a goodbye and left with the whores, I walked over to the bed where Oberyn was still lounging and sat down as gracefully as I could. 


"Would you like to sit?" Oberyn asked my good father who looked at the rumpled sheets and shook his head. 


"No, thank you" he replied as Oberyn got up from the bed, completely naked, I barely batted an eye as I kept a watch on Tywin who looked uncomfortable. 


"Some wine?" Oberyn asked but Tywin shook his head in reply again "Wolf?"


"Just water please, Oberyn" my response made both men look at me like I'd grown a second head I waved my hand in a dismissive gesture as Oberyn pulled on a silk robe and served us drinks. 


"I'm sorry about your grandson" he said to Tywin as he wakes back over to me and handed me a cup of water with a raised bow, I'd gotten the Vipers curiosity peaked. 


"Are you?" Tywin asked as Oberyn sighed into his cup. 


"I don't believe that a child is responsible for the sins of his father. Or his grandfather" he gestured to me as if to prove his point and I just scoffed, he'd beat me into the dirt many times when I was in Dorne. 


"An awful way to die" I mumbled as I took another sip of water, I met Tywin's narrowed eyes. 


"Which way is that?" He asked me and Oberyn who was now propped on his elbow watching us both with dark eyes that saw so many things. 


"Are you interrogating us, Lord Tywin?" I asked him as I stood and placed my cup on the small table that was close by, I smoothed out my skirt and raised my eyes to the old Lions. 


"Some believe the king choked" he said as if that was enough of an answer. 


"Some believe the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant" I said to him as I walked closer "if I wanted to kill your boy king I would've done it more slowly" I stepped as close as I could to the man "really drawn it out, made him look into my eyes as he faded from this life" I whispered with a grin, he shuffled on his feet, "good afternoon my lords" I left them then, as soon as the doors closed behind me I ran to the closest plant and lost the small amount of food that I'd managed to eat. 


"How far along are you Wolf?" Ellaria asked as she wiped my brow as I glanced up at her with a startled look "I've bore four children, the signs are obvious when you look for them"


"2 months" I muttered as I straightened and "please..." I went to beg her to keep it to herself but she raised her hand. 


"It is not my secret to tell, your husband...?" She asked and I nodded, she squeezed my shoulder gently and smiled "you'll make an excellent mother, Wolf" she pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my cheek gently.

0