Chapter 6
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 ~ Oathkeeper part 1 ~

Jaime made his way into our rooms, his tunic was dirty and his face had a pretty big red mark on it, "Bronn cheat again?" I asked as I mended my dress, I had to make it looser then it was before, I was still hiding the fact I was pregnant from Cersei and Tywin. 


"Hit me with my own hand" Jaime said as he pressed a kiss to my forehead before making his way to the basin of water that was close to the balcony, he glanced over his shoulder at me and smirked, he knew I was thinking about our tryst on the balcony two nights earlier, he'd been a man of his word, "shall we talk on the balcony" he said with a wicked gleam in his eyes. 


"There wouldn't be much talking" I told him as he washed his face and dried it with the small cloth that lay next to the basin. 


"Hmm, very true" he throw the cloth over his shoulder and made his way towards me slowly, his eyes raking over my undressed body that was cover in a silk robe. 


"How was it today?" I asked trying to distract him from his wicked thoughts, the smirk on his lips faded but the wicked gleam in his eyes remained. 


"Good, I'm improving, almost had him" he knelt down by my belly and placed a kiss on it, I put my hand on his where it rested over the bump and smiled as he told me what happened, "he brought up Tyrion, well I brought him up," he looked down at our hands when I squeezed his gently, "he told me that when your mother had Tyrion prisoner in the Eyrie Lysa ordered his death, Tyrion wanted a trail by combat and asked for word to be sent to me to be his champion," he met my eyes once more "he knew I would kill my horse to help him, when Lysa demanded it be that day Bronn stepped in" 


"Jaime, Tyrion wouldn't and couldn't kill Joffery, he may have hated him but he loves you too much to hurt you that way" I touched his cheek and rubbed the slight scruff "he knows how much you love your family" i leant forward and kissed his lips gently "even the ones that aren't with us yet"



— — — — —


"Are you sure you want to come?" Jaime asked as we walked into the dungeon's, we passed the dragon skulls that lined the walls, they're empty skulls growing larger as we descended into the cells, i flashed a grin at him and removed a small piece of cloth from the sleeve of my gown. 


"Qyburn suggested adding a few drops of Pennyroyal to this to help," I waved it in his face allowing him to breath in the sweet but fresh scent, he tried to grab the cloth, a grin on his face "oh no, you get your own Ser Jaime" I pressed the cloth to my nose again and breathed in sighing as it removed the stench of shit and piss from my nose. 


"I thought being married meant sharing" he went to grab it again but I waved it away from his hands with a laugh. 


"You should know I don't share" I moved away from him and thrust open Tyrion's cell door smiling at my good brother as he sat reading the book I'd snuck in for him. 


"I was wondering who was so cheerful in this place" he mumbled as he closed the book and looked up as Jaime stepped into the cell behind me, Tyrion's jaw went slack and I couldn't help but smile as Jaime stepped forward and plopped himself down on a small rocky ledge. 


"To tell you the truth, this isn't so bad. Four walls. A pot to piss in" he gestured to the pot that was far across the room, Jaime patted the spot next to him and i carefully sat next to him as Tyrion continued to stare at his older brother like he was a ghost "I was chained to a wooden post covered in my own shit for months"


"Not your best look" I told him with a shrug as I pressed the cloth to my nose again before it was snatched away from me by a grinning Jaime. 


"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Tyrion asked his brother, finally coming out of his shocked state, he came and sat across from us, his back against the large pillar in the middle of the room. 


"Maybe a bit" he shrugged and held the cloth away from my grabbing hands "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner" he said finally giving in and handing me back the small piece of heaven that was the cloth. 


"It's complicated, yes, you're busy making preparations for your unborn child" he shrugged and shuffled around on the floor uncontrollably "So how is our sister?"


"How do you think?" Jaime asked with a small scoff "Her son died in her arms"


"Her son?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, there were no secrets in this space, we all knew that Cersei's children were his, Tyrion knew longer then anyone realised, not even Jaime knew when he'd figured it out. 


"Don't" Jaime mumbled before kissing me on the lips and turning back to his brother "You know what's coming?"


"My trial for regicide.Yes, I know" Tyrion sighed deeply "I know the whole bloody country thinks I'm guilty, I know that one of my three judges has wished me dead more times than I can count. And that judge is my father. As for Cersei, well, she's probably working on a way to avoid a trial altogether by having me killed" he shrugged nonchalantly but I saw the hurt in his eyes, the way they treated him for being himself was more monstrous then anything they could possibly think of doing. 


"Now that you mention it, she did ask" Jaime said tapping his chin. 


"So, should I turn around and close my eyes?" Tyrion asked he made to twitst around so he could be murdered by his own brother when Jaime spoke up again. 


"Depends. Did you do it?" Jaime asked making me smack him on the shoulder as hard as I could. 


"Will you two stop it, you know fair and well that Tyrion didn't do this, poison is a woman's weapon anyway" they both looked at me and Jaime sighed, he knew I was right. 


"The Kingslayer brothers. You like it? I like it" Tyrion spoke up with a dry chuckle "You're really asking if I killed your son?" 


"Are you really asking if I'd kill my brother?" The tension eased from the cell and Tyrion smiled slightly "How can I help you?" 


"Well, you both could set me free" he suggested and it was my turn to chuckle, as much as I would've loved to I knew it would sign my death warrant. 


"You know we can't" 


"Then there's really nothing else to say" Tyrion sighed deeply. 


"What do you want us to do? Kill the guards? Sneak you out of the city in the back of a cart? I'm the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, Anaris is pregnant" Jaime gestured to me and Tyrions eyes lingered on my belly for a moment. 


"Sorry, I'd forgotten. I'd hate for you to do something inappropriate" Tyrion replied sarcastically, he was angry at the circumstance, at the lies, not at us being unable to help, but that didn't stop Jaime from taking the bait. 


"Inappropriate? You're accused of killing the king" Jaime said with a little growl "Freeing you is treason"


"Except I didn't do it" 


"Which is why we're having a trial" Jaime reminded him, I sighed and rubbed my temples, a headache coming out of no where, the throb started behind my eyes, it spread through my skull feeling like it was being crushed by a brutal force. 


"A trial. If the killer threw himself before the Iron Throne, confessed to his crimes, and gave irrefutable evidence of his guilt, it wouldn't matter to Cersei" he glanced at me for a moment, noticing my change in demeanour "she won't rest until my head's on a spike"


"Not just yours" Jaime said quietly as he wrapped a supportive arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him, the headache eased but not by much. 


"She's offering a knighthood to whomever finds Sansa" I mumbled against Jaime's neck and shock was a live thing that crossed Tyrions face. 


"Sansa couldn't have done this" Tyrion insisted and I agreed, my sister was not a killer, she was always scared of blood and conflict was repulsive to her. 


"She had more reason than anyone in the Seven Kingdoms" Jaime said "Do you think it's a coincidence she disappeared the same night Joffrey died?"


"No, but..." Tyrion shook his head and stopped his sentence"


"Sansa's not a killer" I mumbled again, "Not yet, anyway, someone else is pulling these strings and their making us look like fools"


— — — — —


I clutched my over my mouth and suppressed a dry heave, I'd emptied my stomach twice this morning and once the night before, Jaime was always there to hold my hair and pat my head with a damp cloth but my husband was no where to be seen, instead it was his sister who was in my company, it was her hands on my back. 


"Why didn't you tell me that you were with child" she hissed slightly as I straightened and kicked dirt over my sick and wiped my hand over my mouth, the taste of bile was one I would never get used to. 


"There's been too much going on and I didn't think it appropriate" I met her eyes straight on and for a moment I almost felt threatened, her eyes were deathly cold and her jaw was clenched so hard her teeth would probably break. 


"Does Jaime know?" She asked with venom dripping from her every word. 


"Of course he does" I said as watched as her eyes darted to my belly and then to my dagger, "I do not care who you are Cersei, I will smack that thought out of your head before you could even move" she stilled like a viper about to strike. 


"I will have you thrown into the Black Cells for such a threat" she scowled when I didn't flinch at her words "I wonder would you fair better then your own father? He did look pitiful when Joff had him dragged into the sun before the Sept of Baelor" 


I stepped forward, my eyes never leaving hers, my hand over my dagger so she wouldn't be tempted by the madness that was swirling in her mind "I am not my sister Cersei, you can not scare me, you are not my enemy but you will be if you try anything against me, do I make myself clear?" Her eyes widened at something that was in my eyes, her promise of death perhaps if she tried to make a move on me, she stepped back. 


She had the good sense to nod briskly and walk away from me as fast as she could without looking like she was running "the Lioness is scared of the Wolf" a voice said from behind me, I glanced over my shoulder and sighed when I saw Oberyn standing there with his arms folded. 


"She has to learn that I am not a pushover or a toy to play with" Oberyn chuckled and came to stand next to me. 


"Oh you're definitely none of those things, but a word of warning, now that she knows so will her father and any enemies you have made" I met his concerned eyes "be wary wolf, this place does not bode well for the likes of us"

0