Chapter 2
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I tried to move under him again, but he was too strong. I kept screaming hoping that someone would hear me. He placed his hand over my mouth and put his finger to his own. We stayed there in silence for a few minutes. 

Eventually, the boy looked over his shoulder and sighed. "You can get up now." He said as he got off of me.

I felt my neck and noticed no bite mark. I glanced at him and forgot that he was shirtless. He was pale, but that was expected of a vampire. I noticed his lean, defined figure before glancing at his charming face. My cheeks felt hot all of a sudden. 

He got off the bed and grabbed a white shirt from his closet. I was about to ask a question, but he answered me before I could. "They send trespassers to third years and expect us to punish them."

"So you pretended to bite me?" I asked timidly.

He picked up the backpack that was on the floor and looked at me with his dark blue eyes. "You should go back home."

"Hold on, where are you going?"

He tilted his head. "School?"

I furrowed my brows. "But it's 11 at night?"

"School is always at night. I attend Takuya High School."

Wait, that's the same school as me?! 

Now that I got a better look, his school uniform was the same as mine. White dress shirt, black and red striped tie, black dress pants, and black blazer, but the emblem was different.  

"It's your bedtime, isn't it? Go back home and sleep."

Right when I was about to ask for his name, with a snap of his fingers, I was back in my room.

Tuesday (10/13/XX) 11:40AM

"Whoa, Akio, did you get to sleep last night?"

"Nope," I grumbled. "I tried coming on campus last night and..." I didn't want to say a demon lady tried to kill me or I almost got bit by a vampire so I stopped.

"No way, you went to school at night?! Did you see any ghosts?" My friend grinned while clawing claw hands at my face.

I pushed his head away and shushed him. "Stop it, Sen! I wasn't able to find it last night, so I don't know where it is."

"What will you do about practice then?"

"He could borrow some of my stuff."

"Thank you, Ryu-chan~!" I jokingly sang while hugging my other friend as he ate his bento.

"Yeah, yeah," Ryunosuke patted my head while eating his tamagoyaki. "What will you do now?"

"I'm gonna look around for my stuff after practice today."

"At night?" Sen grinned widely. "Can we go with you?"

"No way! I'm not coming back here at night again."

That was a total lie.

I walked through the entrance of the school towards the lockers. The place seemed empty so I assumed that no one was on campus. Out of nowhere, I felt a gush of wind behind me. I turned around and saw a rip in the air, revealing a violet abyss. The portal widened allowing the undead students to step onto campus. 

I yelped and ran to the bathroom. 

Maybe he might come in here to freshen up. I sat in one of the stalls and decided to wait patiently for him.

A few hours later, I was woken up by knocking on my stall door. "Hello?" A low, raspy voice called out.

I stopped snoring, wiped off the drool on my lips, and peered out. IT WAS HIM! I opened the stall door.

"It's you again?"

"Haha... Funny story," I smiled weakly, "I forgot my sports equipment in your room so I decided to wait here..."

He blinked. "Wait in the bathroom?"

I started to feel flushed, realizing how faulty my plan was. "Um, yeah... I didn't know how else to—"

He abruptly shoved me inside the stall and closed the door behind him. Once again I was pinned down, forced to sit on the toilet while he towered over me. I could feel his faint breath on my face. He covered my mouth as I was about to speak.

The sound of footsteps echoed in the bathroom. Whoever came in quickly did their business and walked out.

"Sorry, I didn't want to get caught." He removed his hand and backed away. He rubbed the back of his neck, seeming to be thinking. After a short pause, he said, "We might be able to go back to my room during lunch. Until then," he handed me a piece of candy. "Eat this." 

I hesitated for a moment before placing the candy in my mouth. It instantly melted on my tongue. 

The boy put a ring on his right ring finger. "Only I can see and hear you now."

We moved out of the stall and I noticed that I couldn't see my reflection in the mirror. Am I invisible? I leaned into the mirror in awe. "So that means I can follow you throughout the day?"

He nodded.

I don't even know this guy, but he’s doing all of this for me. I thought. "What's your name?"

"Nikolas." 

I smiled. "I'm Ichinomiya Akio, but you can call me Akio."

There was a bell chime. He gestured with his head that it was time to go. 

His classroom was starting to fill with students, each of them sitting in their respective seats. He sat in the second to last row near the center of the room. Nikolas put down his bag and glanced at me. 

I awkwardly stood beside his desk. He patted his left leg, beckoning me to sit. 

"O-oh! It's fine, I'll stand." I stepped back and accidentally bumped into the nearest desk. 

He narrowed his deep blue eyes and grabbed my arm. I squeaked and ended up sitting on his leg.

"Are you comfortable like this?" I heard a voice echo in my head. 

I assumed he was using telepathy. I glanced at him and he nodded. 

"I don't want you standing in the way so please endure this for now."

I gulped and shyly nodded in response. 

We sat like this for two whole classes. 

I felt self-conscious the whole time, making sure that I wouldn't distract him from his studies, but Nikolas didn't seem to mind. He also never spoke much in class despite many girls greeting him. Nikolas had the looks so it wasn't a surprise girls would be drawn to him. He had messy blonde hair which parted on the right side of his head which allowed his bangs to partially cover his left eye. His soft golden locks tapered down slightly on his neck, his pale skin with no imperfections.

Now and then he'd asked me telepathically how I was doing. Of course, I would be lying if I said I was fine because of how embarrassed I felt, but I could only nod. 

At the start of his third class, the same woman with the dragon wings entered the classroom. She had large ram horns on both sides of her head and a long dragon tail trailing behind her. 

“Isn't that the woman…?” I pointed at her as she walked to the front of the classroom.

He nodded. “That’s Headmaster Selena. Sometimes she comes in to teach us Ghoul History.” 

Headmaster Selena seemed to see right through me and glared in my direction. I gulped and turned my head to the calm Nikolas. 

“Don’t worry, she can’t see you.”

I took his word for it and her gaze moved elsewhere. I let out a sigh of relief as class began. After a lengthy history lecture, it was finally lunch and I could get out of this uncomfortable position.

"Nikolas! Come eat lunch with us!" Some girls beckoned him while holding up their lunch bags. 

"Join us, Nikolas!" A group of boys chimed in. 

"That's alright, I don't have lunch today. Thank you for the invite."

The students cooed in disappointment. I heard one of the girls whisper while we walked away, "He's just playing hard to get."

-

We went down the stairs to the dorms, but it turned out the same Golem guard was walking around. We defeatedly turned back and headed to the top floor. The school looked mystical at night, bathing under the glowing moon. I've been on the rooftop, but never have I seen it in this light. 

"NIKY~! I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!" An energetic voice rang behind us. 

A white-haired boy ran up to Nikolas and lunged at him. Nikolas grabbed him with ease and held him by the shirt collar. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming here?" He pouted. 

I got a better look at him and he had a pair of ears on top of his head with a fluffy white tail. I got a better look at him and he was athletically built, seeming to be as tall or even taller than Nikolas. I was surprised Nikolas could pick him up. 

"Coming here was spontaneous," Nikolas replied while placing the boy down.

The eccentric boy turned to me and tilted his head with one ear perked. "Who's that?"

I jumped. "He can see me?!" 

Nikolas sighed. "The magic is wearing off." He placed another candy in my hand. "Make sure to eat this before we get back to class."

"Niky, Niky, who's that?" He eagerly pointed at me. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

The boy went up to my face and stared at me with his jade-green eyes. "RIGHT HERE! YOU JUST GAVE HIM CANDY!" 

Nikolas shrugged and popped open a juice can. The can was labeled "Simply Blood" with a picture of a cow under it. 

The boy humphed and glared at me. He walked around me as Nikolas drank his "juice". His eyes widened. "You're human!" 

I nervously smiled. 

"Leave him alone, Kazu."

"SO HE IS REAL! I've never seen your kind before." Kazu sniffed my face. 

I hastily tried to move away, but he was eager to invade my personal space.

"I wonder how you'd taste." He grinned showing off his fangs. Kazu suddenly lunged at me with his mouth wide open. 

I yelped and put my arms up in defense. The werewolf stopped and let out a cry. Nikolas yanked on his tail, pulling the boy away. 

"I was only kidding!" Kazu struggled to take Nikolas's hand off. "Let go! I'll be nice!" 

Nikolas raised a brow, not loosening his grip.

The boy frowned at him and turned to me again. "I'm Hakuro Kazu! What's yours?"

"Akio." 

"What a cute name! I'll call you Aki-chan, no wait, Acchan sounds better!" Although Nikolas was holding onto his tail, his tail wagged rapidly. 

"Niky, why's there a human with you? Aren't they banned from coming here at night?"

Nikolas sighed. "Long story." He crushed his empty juice can in his fist and waved it in front of Kazu's face. "Fetch?"

Kazu smiled with beaming eyes. His eyes followed the can dangling in front of his face. Nikolas threw the can off the edge of the building and Kazu followed after it. 

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" I panicked.

Nikolas sat down and massaged his temples. "He'll be fine."

I looked over the edge and saw a perfectly fine Kazu running on all fours. He grabbed the can with his mouth and started running up the walls. He climbed over the iron bars and sat next to Nikolas. He spat out the can slobbered in saliva in Nikolas's hand. I chuckled seeing the contrast between Nikolas's displeased look and Kazu's enthusiastic smile. Nikolas repeated this cycle until the end of lunch. 

"Hurry. Let's leave before he comes back." Nikolas held my hand and pulled me towards the exit. 

We were once again back in his classroom and I had to endure sitting on Nikolas's lap again for two whole hours. 

It'll all be over soon, Akio. Just relax. 

-

I was so relieved to have finally made it to his room. My sports bag was where I left it. I picked it up and thanked Nikolas for all of the hassle.

I fiddled with my bag handle while asking, "Will I get to see you again?"

"Probably not."

My chest felt heavy with disappointment. 

"Visiting me will be difficult, but if you want, I can visit you." He grabbed my hand and placed his ring in my palm. "If you have this on you, I'll know where you are."

I looked up at him and smiled. "I'll be waiting!"

He was taken aback. There was a hint of softness on his face. "I'll send you back home. Sweet dreams." 

His hand brushed through my hair. The vampire's dark eyes looked beautiful while reflecting the moonlight, making my heart race. In the blink of an eye, I was lying down in my bed. I gasped for air, not realizing I was holding my breath. 

I don't think my heart can handle any more of this...

0