Back to reality
1.1k 9 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Entoma pov)

Something bumped into me and hugged me, I looked up and saw Apito.

"A-a-Apito, what are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here. I ordered that you don't come into my room."

Apito looked at me with tears in their eyes.

"My queen, my only queen. I broke the chain so I could hug you and comfort you."

But there was only one thing echoing in my head.

'She broke the chain? Does that mean she won't listen to me anymore? Does she want to kill me?'

Apito put their hand on my cheek and lifted my head.

"My queen, I will never leave you, I don't want to hurt you. You are the only reason why I live, why we live."

I was speechless. When she broke the chain, how can I know she won't betray me?

"How can I know you won't betray me, won't hurt me. Apito, I'm so close to destroying myself."

Apito just hugged me tightly. I felt a warm sensation. I had never felt anything like this before. It was like I could feel all of Apito's emotions. When she broke the chain, it was like our connection became stronger. Without realizing it, I hugged her back.

Apito started stroking my hair.

"There, there. My queen, I will never leave you, none of us will."

'What are these feelings, I've never felt anything like this before, what are these emotions? It's a very warm feeling. It's like I belong somewhere.'

I looked at Apito. I pondered what to do. Apito had a smile on her face. A warm smile, which I had never felt in my life.

"Aaah, so this is love."

I was terribly tired and slowly closed my eyes and allowed myself a good sleep.

...

(After some time)

I slowly woke up. I felt like I had been sleeping on something pleasant. As I opened my eyes. So I saw Apito above me. As I started to look around. So I found that I was sleeping in her lap. That movement alarmed Apito.

She looked at me with a smile and started stroking me.

"My queen, good morning."

"Good morning."

I stood up from Apito's lap. I needed to think more about what I actually am. I looked at Apito.

"Apito, how long have I been in my room?"

"One week, my queen."

I looked at Apito.

"Apito, I know you won't like this. But can you leave me alone for a while longer? I need to sort out my thoughts."

Apito looked quite angry, I felt her emotions. So I started to calm her down.

"Don't worry, Apito, if I'm in the room for longer than a day, you can hug me as long as you want."

It seemed to work.

"So now, my queen, I hope you'll stay longer than a day."

A smile appeared on my face. Although it couldn't be seen through the mask, Apito felt it. So she also smiled gently.

"My queen hasn't smiled like this in a long time, I hope you come back to us as soon as possible."

She bowed and left the room, closing the door behind her.

I sat on the floor. 

"Where am I standing now, who am I and what do I want to do?"

I just realized that I blindly followed All for One without any goal. 

"Do I want to become a good person and join the heroes?"

"No, I don't want to, even though I see how All for One controlled my life. So I still saw how terrible this society is. But what do I want to do?"

Then Apito appeared in my mind. But not just her. Also Zegion, Bero, Nautilus, and other bugs. An image began to appear in my head.

"Yes, yes for them, for my light, I would do anything. For them so they don't have to experience the same thing as me. Lies, betrayals, murders, thefts, vandalism, and more."

As my goal solidified in my mind, the more I thought about it, the more confident I was with that plan.

"Yes, hemans are a plague, they destroy everything. For my bugs, I will make a world where they can live without fear of someone undermining my bugs and stabbing them in the back."

"YES HUMANS ARE A PLAGUE."

I started to calm down, everything was clear to me, how easy it was to realize it.

"So either I turn people into animals and make them do what they did to animals. So they become cattle, human farms, and the like. For food and other manual labor."

"Or complete eradication of humans."

As I thought about this, I realized something.

"Apito broke her chain, but the others couldn't. So I'll do one thing."

I called all my bugs. I've never felt better, so free, so full of strength.

As the bugs entered my room, I turned towards them.

"My bugs, I apologize for making you wait for me like this. During the time I was locked in my room. So I realized a lot of things and decided to do a few things."

I grabbed all the chains that held my bugs to my commands, I'm not like All for One. And I won't control them like him.

I broke all the chains. My bugs started crying.

"My bugs, this is what I want, freedom for me, but especially for you all. I don't want you to be tied to me."

All the bugs were touched. By giving them freedom, I felt that I had a stronger connection to them.

"My bugs, I want to make a perfect world for you, now I would like to talk to my main bugs."

"Yes, our queen."

And I realized something else. So I stopped them.

"And, you don't have to call me queen anymore."

Apito looked at me.

"And what should we call you, we can't call you by your name."

I just smiled.

"You can call me Mother."

(End of a chapter)

38