Hideout
666 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Entoma POV)

I stood in the room with Garaki, looking at Nautilus, who was submerged in a massive tank. He was asleep. Garaki started clicking something on the computer. I didn't know what he was doing; I just watched to see how it would turn out. 'If Nautilus dies, I'll kill Garaki, whether it's an accident or intentional. I don't want to lose another bug like Bob. Then I'll take responsibility and endure Master's stress.'

I watched as electricity started running through the entire tank. Nautilus began to convulse; he was in great pain. But I must respect his decision. I witnessed his pain. The room was engulfed in a bright light, and all I heard was the cracking of the tank. The tank cracked and water began to flood the room. I looked around. Nautilus was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, I felt something crawling around my leg. I immediately knew who it was. "Nautilus, it seems you succeeded." Right beside my head was a small Nautilus. "You can shed off, so I can see you properly."

Nautilus was right in front of me, undergoing a quite drastic change. The color of his armor was no longer red but purple. A human face had formed on his head. Below the human face were four yellow eyes and a row of teeth and pincers. (Elder centipede form OPM)

I stared at him for a while. "Can you speak now?" He just nodded. "Then speak." I saw his human mouth opening. "Do... my... queen...." He spoke a bit haltingly. 'When Apito and Zegion underwent evolution, they could speak right away.' Garaki saw my dilemma, so he decided to step into my thoughts. "Entoma, Apito and Zegion underwent evolution naturally. Nautilus, on the other hand, forced his evolution through violence. It will probably take him a while."

I looked at him. "So, what did you pump into him?" Garaki just nodded and began to answer. "So, the first Quirk is "Size"; he can change his size. That means both ways. His second is "Humanization"; this Quirk allows him to have a human face on his head, although I expected him to transform into a humanoid like the others. The third is "Adamant scales"; he has a slightly tougher exoskeleton."

I just looked at Nautilus. "You held up well. Now go join the others. They'll teach you how to speak normally. Now, shoo shoo, I need to talk to this old man." Nautilus nodded, slightly enlarging himself, and began to crawl away.

Garaki looked at me a bit irritated. "So, what do you want from me now?" I went straight to the point. "I need a list of major corporations or families." Garaki looked at me as if I were crazy. "And what do you need that for?"

"None of your business." I got close to him with one of my spider legs at his neck. Garaki started sweating and trembling. "Fine, fine. I'll get you that stupid list." I put away my spider leg and started to leave. Before I left the room.

So, I turned my head in his direction. "If this isn't done quickly, you'll become the first meal for my bugs." And with that, I left the room. As I left the room, Garaki sighed. "Starting to resemble All For One more and more."

...

(Four days later)

(Entoma POV)

I stood in front of Garaki, who had the list in his hands. "Thank you." I said cheerfully. "As if I had any other choice." I walked through the rooms until I reached my own. Where Beru had glasses on his head, a Japanese dictionary in one hand, and a sweater? Why does he look like a college professor from that series we watched yesterday?

He was pointing at words on the board for Nautilus. "What the hell is going on?" Apito teleported next to me, which startled me a bit. "Let me explain, my queen."

Beru is here trying to teach Nautilus the alphabet." I looked at her. "Yes, I see that. But why those glasses, and why does he have the book upside down?" Apito just looked at the book, which was upside down. Apito immediately teleported next to Beru and started whispering something in his ear. Beru looked at the book and turned it around to have it the right way. I looked into the corner of the room where Zegion was sitting, meditating.

"Everyone, stop with the work you're doing; we have a lot on our plate. I need to find the best place from this list. A place that would have access to money, power, and influence."

We all started looking at suitable places for our new hideout. Apito found the wealthy Yaoyorozu family; they were very rich and well-connected. We included them among the candidates.

Next, we found Kumo Company, which creates phones in Japan. Then a few Hero agencies, but that's not a very good idea.

...

We ended up choosing between two options. The family and then the mobile company. In the end, we decided to go with the mobile company. It has more advantages than the family. It has more contacts, and what do we want to do with it? Simply take perfect control over them and have an underground hideout beneath their main building.

"So, what are we waiting for? It's time to go."

...

(Same night)

We stood in front of the main building of Kumo. We entered the building. I summoned a bug from my sleeve, which functioned as an EMP. I immediately created a bug that blocked the doors. "Apito got behind the reception. And smashed the hero call button. I immediately created a bug that started releasing sleeping gas, which began to work. All the people in the room were on the floor, asleep.

I slowly started creating small bugs. "Mind eater." I started giving "Mind eaters" to their main. Meanwhile, I instructed others on what to do. "Start digging into the ground, Apito and Beru." I handed them those sleeping bugs. "Put everyone in this room to sleep." I gave Zegion. "And in the meantime, you'll give "Mind eaters" to everyone."

Meanwhile, I sat on a chair and let the other bugs do the work. Probably no one else will come.

...

(One hour later)

In the main room where I sat. All the employees stood without any light in their eyes. "Listen, everyone. I am your queen, and you will all listen to me. First of all, everyone will behave normally. You will give me information on everything. And from now on, all phones will have eavesdropping chips, that is all. Go back to work." I went to see what kind of lair I had created. 

(End of a chapter)

44