Chapter 1
265 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello guys I am back. While I was rereading this novel I found many inconsistencies so here is the revised version with many changes. This is a fanfic.

In the bustling streets of New York, a boy navigates life with an air of quiet resilience. Amidst the towering skyscrapers and bustling crowds, he finds solace in the anonymity of the city. Abandoned by fate, he forges his path, a silent observer of the world around him. Yet, within his solitude, he discovers the strength to carve out a unique identity, finding beauty in the chaos that is New York City. He makes his way towards his room in a building he lives on rent. 

His name is Lucas. Before living on his own he lived in an orphanage. The caretaker took good care of all the children in the orphanage. He taught them about the world and how it works. He took care of them until his death. After his death many children were adopted under a new caretaker while many children left the orphanage. Lucas was one of them who left the orphanage at the age of 16. After leaving the orphanage he was left with little money. For the next few months he did every kind of job he could to keep himself fed. He rented a small room with a bathroom. 

After saving money for a few months he was able to buy himself a new smartphone. He knew that to live without any problems he will need a lot of money and the best way to earn money is to write webnovels online. He had seen many people talking about web novels but for that he will need to improve his English language as after Mandarin, English is the most spoken language in the world.

So for two months he learnt English online on YouTube. In these two months he started working two part time jobs of five-five hours. He also learnt how to write and make stories to keep readers engaged in them. He wrote the plot of the story and started working on it after he started learning English. 

After improving his English he started to publish his novel on online platforms like web novel, scribble hub etc. In the beginning his story didn't get much attention but he kept writing it and continued to live his monotonous life. He first wrote in a notebook then in Google docs in mobile for grammar correction. He also made a patreon page and Ko-fi page to get extra money. In the first week he got one patreon but afterwards his story started to get attention by readers on nearly all the platforms. 

After a month he left his first part time job to keep writing. He also opened a bank account for money withdrawal. His life was improving steadily and one day he got his novel contracted by an online publishing platform. The contract was good and he could earn way more money than working part-time so he signed the contract. But he also needed to publish a story for other online platforms so he started to write a fanfiction novel for the other platforms and by doing this he could also earn some side money from patreon and Ko-fi. 

He also needed to buy a new computer to write steadily. He felt like he was wasting time by writing in a notebook first and then on mobile. Also writing on mobile also took a lot of time. So after saving money to buy a computer, he finally bought it. He noticed that his daily life was the same. He would just get up in the morning to write his original novel and then after doing his daily chores he would write his fanfiction novel.

He remembered his previous caretaker's words that "Don't simply repeat your previous day. Always take time for yourself and do something productive". He decided to change his daily life routine. He decided to do a 75 days hard challenge. He started to wake up early in the morning to exercise and meditate. He changed his food. He selected specific hours to write his two novels on a daily basis without any distraction. He buys many books to improve his writing and gain knowledge about other things in the world.

It is now nearly a year after Lucas decided to live on his own. You can see the changes easily in his life after he started to write his own web novel. And his life improved on many levels when he started a 75 days hard challenge. Before he could only write a chapter of his original novel daily but now he can write two chapters with increased word count on a daily basis without any distraction or problems. When he started to write his novel sometimes he had to delete a full chapter or take a few days off to think about the plot but now in the past few months he had read many books on literature that he had gained experience and inspiration from his own mistakes and other authors. His body started to change with the exercise he did daily. After completing his 75 days hard challenge he started to exercise daily. He knew that exercise helps his body and keeps his mind fresh.

Today was his birthday and he celebrated it with his readers. He turned 17 years old today. So today he decided to take a break for himself and walked out. He nearly spent all his day outside roaming in New York City. He buys himself a new computer game to play. He also changed his room to a modest apartment. It was relatively safe and peaceful than the previous one. His apartment has one living room, a bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom. It was a modest apartment with a TV and an old sofa in the living room. He shifted here a month ago. Its rent was higher than the previous one but it brought comfort and safety. His landlord was an old man who lived with his wife and daughter here.

After coming from his stroll around the city he cooked himself a delicious meal full of meat and veggies. After eating the food and washing the dishes, he picked up the new pc game he brought from a game shop. He inserted the disk in the cpu and started playing the game. He also changed his computer to a new one, he brought this one on the occasion of completing his fanfiction. He simply put a mission for people to complete the donation before the fanfiction ends. And people completed it before the fanfiction ended. So he bought it without getting any dent into his monthly money he gets from an online novel platform.

He also started to write another fanfiction on people' demand. His new fanfic was getting good response on all the platforms. He also got new hobbies of reading new books. He would weekly get a new book from the library to read at home or in the library reading section. His life was going well without any problems. His interest in books was vast. Sometimes he would read about food, sometimes technology, sometimes literature or sometimes crafting.

The game intro started to play on the monitor screen. A smile appeared on his face and he clicked the mouse button to play the game. While he was playing the game he didn't know what happened but he suddenly got an electric shock and lost his consciousness. His body suddenly disappeared from his computer chair, leaving the monitor screen on in the empty room.

If you like reading this chapter then colour the heart red ❤️ and give this fanfic a rating.

5