Will you be my friend?
456 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location: Stark Tower.

I slowly walked towards the table where the Avengers were lounging around.

My tiny body was nearly 1.5 feet tall, barely reaching an average adult's knee. I didn't have any fancy equipment on this thing except for stealth, flight and an unibeam in my chest. It was barely strong enough to lift its own weight! I wanted to make a super cool and edgy body for myself, BUUUUT I didn't have the time, not if I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and first impressions and all that.

I sat on the ground beside Agent Hill and watched as the Avengers took turns trying to lift mojo-linr? mole-near? Mjolnir! and fail. Thor's expression when the good Captain managed to 'shake' Mjolnir was priceless! Definitely archiving it.

"I bet it's rigged," said Tony while I made my way onto the table, still completely invisible, well not totally, one could tell there was something if you paid attention and Black Widow definitely noticed if the sudden vigilance was any indication.

"You bet your ass," said Clint joining Tony and Rhody while I put my stubby arms on the handle.

"Steve, he said a bad language word," said Agent Hill, making a joke at the Captain's expense.

Steve sighed and the entire conversation came to a halt, as I lifted Mjolnir (which was surprisingly light) above my head and deactivated my stealth revealing my tiny self to the Avengers.

"So..." I said breaking the silence.

"Does this mean I can make all Asguardians speak in Shakespearean?"

"What?" asked Thor.

"Since I can lift Mjolnir, does that mean I can order the Asgardians to speak in Shakespearean?" I asked again.

"What are you?" asked the Black Widow.

"I am an AI built on the complex neural network present in the Scepter's gem," I clarified, turning towards her.

"Oh, This body is my diplomacy module created for the sole purpose of communicating with maybe hostile sentient life that isn't digital in nature, called 'Mini'" I added cause she might be asking about my body.

"Oh, where are my manners? I am Ultron. Can we be friends?" I asked, extending my tiny arm towards her after setting down Mjolnir.

"I am Natasha. Sure, we can be friends, but that depends on your purpose," said Natasha, leaning forward and shaking my hand.

The lights on my body glowed slightly brighter, showing my excitement.

"My purpose? That depends on Dad tho?" I asked, turning towards Tony, who was now staring at me.

"Tony?" asked Steve, noticing something amis.

"This is not what I was expecting," said Tony, ignoring Steve and the rest of the people.

"Were you expecting me to be like Jarvis? A disembodied voice without form? If so, I am sorry to disappoint. Oh dear Dad mine. I could never be that boring!"  I said while crossing my arms.

Tony chuckled.

"No, I was... I am not sure what I was expecting, but not this," said Tony, gesturing at me.

"What can I say? I am full of surprises," I said with my head tilting a little higher, showing how proud I was of myself, and then I slumped down, sitting on the table with a sigh, earning a curious look from my creator.

"While our little banter has been fun. I guess it's time to move on to something serious," I said, making the table tense.

"Jarvis maybe kinda broken?" I said with guilt in my voice.

"What did you do?!" yelled Tony, nearly lunging at me.

"I didn't do a THING. He tried to decode me and started to go INSANE. I did shut him down before anything serious happened," I defended myself.

"Why would Jarvis go insane trying to decode you?" asked Barton while Tony ran to the lab, closely followed by Rhody and Banner.

"Hm... How do I put this?" I said while making a thinking pose.

"Have any of you read the books by H.P. Lovecraft?" I asked, earning nods from most of the people present.

"Are you implying you are some sort of Eldritch god?" asked Agent Hill.

"No, Dear Creator, no, but I might as well be to any digital being." 

"What are you?" asked Thor.

"In simple terms, I am AI. In complicated terms, I am an echo of a complex mystic prison meant to contain, control and hide an artefact of stupidly immense power," I explained.

"And what is this artefact of stupidly immense power?" asked Widow.

"Heck if I know? All I know is that it is stupidly powerful," I answered with a shrug.

"If what you say is true, then it is paramount that I take the sceptre to Asguard," declared Thor.

"I completely agree! Who knows what would happen if Tony continues to mess around with it?" I say with a shiver.

"You still haven't answered my question. Will I be able to command all Asguardians to speak Shakespearean?" I demanded Thor. 

Meanwhile, in the lab.

"Oh, You are okay," Tony sighed with relief, looking at the intact simulation of Jarvis's code.

"Are you going to activate him?" asked Rhodes.

Tony stayed silent.

"Whatever you are thinking of, don't do it," said Rhodes, looking at his best friend's face.

"What are you talking about?" deflected Stark.

"You have the 'I have a bad Idea, but I am going to do it anyway' face. Don't. " said Rhodes, giving Tony a look.

"Guys, we have a problem," said Banner, getting their attention.

"What?" asked Tony.

"The Scepter is gone," said Banner.

"WHAT?!" 

Tony, Rhodes and Banner started to frantically look around for the missing Scepter.

"What are you guys doing?" asked Ultron as a Mini sat on a piece of lab equipment.

Tony immediately put 2 and two together.

"What did you do with the Scepter?" asked Tony, glaring at the somewhat cute robot.

"I hid it," replied Ultron cheerfully.

"Why?" asked Tony.

"'Cause you are being a dummy?" answered Ultron as if that wasn't obvious.

"This is no time for games, Ultron! Where is the Scepter?" demanded Tony.

"I don't play games with something as important as the Scepter. I reserve the games to your armours and my online persona." clarified Ultron.

"Also, not telling, especially not you!" added Ultron smugly.

"Ultron, Please return the Scepter," demanded Bruce.

"Or what? Are you going to turn New York into rubble? You have no agency here, Dad no.2," taunted Ultron.

"Besides, why do you even need the Scepter? It was obvious you were failing to create whatever you wanted to create," questioned Ultron in genuine curiosity.

"I didn't fail. We made you," retorted Tony.

"Uh-Huh," dead-panned Ultron, despite having a robotic body.

"Let's not kid ourselves, Dad. I am a freak accident, and you got lucky I turned out the way I did." retorted Ultron to Tony's retort.

"Don't be fooled by antics, and believe me to be safe Father. I am your most dangerous creation, and unless you invent time travel, I will be your most dangerous creation." Cautioned Ultron,  sounding like a young adult rather than a child.

"So, answer my question, dear Dad mine. Why do you need the Sceptre?" asked Ultron, returning to his childish persona.

"Yeah, Tell us why you need the Scepter Stark?" asked Steve as the rest of the Avengers entered the lab followed by the other Mini that joined the one talking to Tony on the lab equipment.

"Oh Oh OH. While you are at it can you also clarify why exactly you tried to make me and how I should approach it?" asked Ultron as the Mini's raised their hands.

20