Chapter 4:A Full Mind
41 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...What'll happen if I say no?"

"You will be shot to death and your corpse will be burned and buried."

[.....]

I look around trying to find a door or window failing to see anything but white wall

"I'll cooperate."

"Good I will now read your profile. Please correct me if anything sounds off."

"Go ahead damn it."

"Your name is Liam William Doron and you were seventeen years and three months old before the incident. Your height is five feet seven inches, your blood type is B negative, you have no allergies, and you have no siblings."

[.....Fuck fuck fuck fuck what happened to dad!]

My mind goes foggy once again as my body begins to heat up. My arms and legs keep twitching almost as if trying to escape the leather straps holding me down.

"Sir please calm down. Tell me what it is troubling you at the moment and we will try our best to resolve it."

Hearing her gentle voice my body began to cool off slowly with the intense twitching growing weaker and weaker by the second.

As I calm down I notice something sliding down my cheeks. It feels cold and wet yet at the same time its oddly warm.

[Can they really answer?]

"Do you know what happened to my dad?"

"Sir your father is currently acting as the leader of a small civilian run militia protecting the city and maintaining peace."

".....What is that?"

"Sir please keep in mind that this will only be a simple run down so if you wish to hear more you must cooperate with us. A majority of american citizens are gun owners whether they just have a small hand gun or a semi automatic. Due to a lack of response to the people's safety during the situation small groups formed aiming to cover what the government could not. To put it simply after a long struggle a civilian police force was put together by the local government after an intense resistance."

"The government did nothing? Is my dad safe?"

"The focus was more on protecting the more politically important originally while creating a false sense of hope among the populace instead. The attack was sudden yes but the response was lackluster as the only ones really moving to deal with the situation were armed locals, police, firefighters, those specialized in medicine all acting of their own free will."

[.....]

"Now sir I have answered some questions now it's your turn."

"Fine what do you want to know?"

"What exactly are you?"

"What?"

"When we first found you, you were just an ordinary human but one night approximately two weeks ago you woke up turned into a large masked demon and began attacking every disguised demon in the city. It was reported that the demons referred to you as the traitor king."

Suddenly I feel an extreme sense of danger screaming at me not to tell her.

[Okay so no demon is bullet proof, I'm alive, they need info...Okay so they need me I think.]

"I refuse to answer."

"Sir you cannot refuse."

"Let me out and I'll answer."

"Sir answer the question."

"Nope."

>Creak<

I look forward and see the wall open sideways. Slowly as it opens the shadow of a person appears.

"Sir answer the question."

A small woman walks through the door slowly with a hand gun in her right hand.

Her cheeks are round and her chin is smooth and round, her eyes are a deep green, and her hair is a light brown.

Shes wearing a thick Kevlar vest and what appears to be stuffed camo pants reaching to the bottom of her ankle.

"Answer the question or these rubber rounds are going to bounce off your ankle opening up your wound."

[...I guess torture is an option...Damn it dad I'll see you soon.]

"Bring me my dad."

"....."

>Click<

My body shoots upwards in pain as I feel a rubber ball shoot into the side of my ankle nub. Even as my mind panics I maintain a certain level of calm stopping myself from screaming in pain and fear.

"Answer the question."

I try to speak but the intense pain causes me to take a deep sharp breath whenever I try to open my mouth even slightly.

"I will give you a single minute."

[Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.]

>Cough Cough<

My throat feels like its tearing apart as air rapidly shoots in and out smacking together occasionally.

"I don't know! I made a deal with some fucker that's been bugging me since I was little and now I have a weird body!"

"...It seems I was being to serious. Fine I will allow you to walk around as long as you fulfill our requirements."

"...Thank you and fuck you."

[Shit why the sudden change of heart?]

She walks to the bed and begins removing the leather straps making sure to aim the gun at my right eye the entire process.

>Step Step Step<

Suddenly three men dressed in full swat gear walk through the door and encircle me.

"Stand up and put your arms behind your back."

She pulls a pair of hand cuffs from her side and put them on me as soon as I fulfill her command.

"Follow me."

She turns around and begins walking. The moment she makes her first step the three men grab me and begin to drag me along.

We step out the door into a large hallway. I look left and right trying to find a single door but only seeing beige colored walls.

The three guys suddenly slam me against the wall pressing me against it hard. I hear something close.

"Let's go we need to check something."

The three guys turn me around and begin to push me as we begin to move left, down the hallway.

"Can you be more gentle please."

"Men do not go overboard. Your head is at risk here so do your best to control yourselves."

"YES MA'AM!"

"YES MA'AM!"

"YES MA'AM!"

[Damn it my ears!]

After around twenty minutes, a right turn, and a left turn we make it to a wall with five elevators.

She presses the down button and steps away. After around a minute the second elevator to the right opens up.

"Get him in. I'll see you down there."

I'm pushed into the elevator, still restrained of course and forced to stay in the back.

One of the three men pushes the first floor button then stares me down as the other two men continue to hold me up by my arms.

[Sixth floor...isn't the mental ward or something usually at the top of hospitals?]

Eventually we make it to the lobby. The door opens and we walk out and wait for the woman to make it down as well.

After around two minutes the elevator in the middle opens up.

"Come men, to the transport."

We begin to move through the maze that is this hospital. A left, then straight, then left, then right, then straight, then right, and then finally were at the main lobby after passing the chemo area, the cafeteria, and a gift shop.

"Jesus Christ what happened to everyone."

"Sir everyone is currently staying at home."

[.....How fucked can things possibly be?]

We make our way out the front gate moving to a parked police car.

I see that each window has thick metal bars protecting them as well as a sheet of metal around the sides of the door.

One of the men opens the back door while the other two toss me inside. They put the seat belt on me forcefully making the handcuffs rub against the leather of the seat making them scratch the skin of my wrist.

[Fuck that hurts.]

I look in front of me to see a sheet of black metal clearly blocking my view of the front.

[At least the back light is on.]

I feel the car begin to move.

Seeing as I can't really see anything other than metal I might as well think about the situation.

[So it looks like they aren't really ready to kill me so that's kinda good but then again its perfectly fine to shoot me with some rubber. Fuck what does she want with me, what the hell is going on, and what the fuck did he do to piss such a bitch off.]

I begin to look at my missing foot and wonder where exactly everything went wrong.

Suddenly once again I feel something drip down my face. 

"Dad is a leader now huh."

[I wonder how he's doing...at least he's fine...right?]

Memories of my ordinary life begin to flow into my head bringing me a moment of piece. All the days spent at school whining about class getting through the day only due to a sweet sweet lunch.

[God I miss the barbecue chicken bits.]

And all the days working at Chacho's pizza place having small conversations with Alex about the latest anime to trend or arguing with Janet over which manga was better. It's my life or horimiya.

[God Karen was such a cunt.]

As I began to remember my diners with dad I couldn't help but cry and moan. His cooking was never really the best but it felt good knowing that he was...is, is willing to put in the effort to make a tasty meal for us both.

He would always rant about how ngnl is a goldmine waiting to be mined, he'd always talk about how annoying modern cliches are compared to his childhood shows, and I especially remember all the damns and damn its, he'd scream when trying to play any of my fps games.

[He's fine he's fine he's fine.]

Slowly my mind began to sink more and more till I could no longer properly process my thoughts.

>Click<

"Come on out sir."

The woman opened the door guarded by several gun holding men. Each muzzle is pointed clearly at my face.

"...Let me take off your hand cuffs."

"Ma'am maybe we should wait a bit."

"Its best we try to keep him as calm as we can of course while keeping our goals in mind."

"Then at least let me do it ma'am."

"Go ahead."

I look to her and see outside the door is a large stadium. There's a good chance they'll make me fight something but I just don't care after all the fucker these guys seem to be so scared of guaranteed my protection.

"Come on you bastards let's get this over with. After I'm going to see my dad O K A Y."

Let these assholes see what they want who knows maybe I'll scare them so bad they'll leave me alone.

Suddenly I feel a something shoot out my mouth and wrap around my face.

Looks like the mask popped up once again.

[I don't care I just want to get this over with.]

1