Chapter 11. Long live the queen.
104 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains some sketchy situations. I won't blame you if you skip it and I am partly posting this warning to let you know things get close, but the characters will be okay and will make it out safely. I am not a fan of the women in fridges trope and like happy endings.

 

{Gen Savage}

I woke in a dark room; bars separated half the space, and I looked around. My mask was gone, and I had a mana nullifier on my wrist. I looked around to see Snow chained up across from me. She was crying and sniffling as she dangled in her chains. “What is going on?” I asked. She sniffed and looked up showing me a puffy face and bloodshot eyes. She must have been crying for a while.

“They got us.” She sniffled. “I failed.” She whined.

“No, I failed. I should have seen something like this coming.” I replied as I tugged against my own chains.

“That is useless, animal.” A woman’s voice said from the other side of the bars. A huge rotund woman that was nearly spherical huffed into view. Three chins wobbled as she beamed at us. “You animals are mine now.” She said as she used the bars to hold herself upright. I could smell joy, love and the scent of someone who rarely bathed and would sweat a lot. I gulped feeling the last meal I had eaten nearly forced its way up at her scent. “Now animal, don’t be that way. She said opening the door and walking to us. The dress she was wearing was badly stained and the pits seemed to hold several rings from where she would sweat. The scent got stronger, and my stomach turned. “You are a handsome beast. I will have you before I kill you.” She said proudly.

“You can’t.” Snow protested.

“I can’t, can I?” She said turning to Snow. “He is mine to do with as I want as are you. Animals should know their place.” She said coldly. I tried to move my feet to kick her but found them chained up as well. “You see, useless. I thought of everything and after my meal, I will have and let my guards have your rabbit. It will be fun breaking you before delivering your heads to that bastard Savage.” She boosted.

‘Who are you?” I asked coldly, willing my chains to break so I could kill this woman.

“Me? I am the rightful queen. Queen Gvlodanda Bes Ven Gen. It's because of your master,” She spat on the ground at that and moved closer to cup my chin as she twisted my face this way and that. “He stole my throne and took my mage from me. I miss picking men from other worlds, but thanks to your idiot nature, I will get that back very soon.”

“You are the failure princess.” I said with a smile. “That is funny.” She punched my gut and I coughed and winced as I laughed. Should have braced for that.

“And what is so funny, animal?” She asked coldly.

“You are the one who brought Savage here in the first place. You did everything.” I laughed and winced.

“That is funny.” She said laughing. “If I know who it is, I can send him back home and out of our hair.” She said laughing as she waddled out of the room. “Thank you, animal, for the information.” My blood ran cold as I realized how badly I had screwed up again. Snow was glaring after the rotund woman. “I will be back to fuck and kill you after supper. You have that long to repent on your lives.” She said over her shoulder.

“Fat Bitch.” Snow said under her breath. I looked over at her and gave her a weak smile.

“We will get out of this Snow. We still have to have a night together with Willow.” I tried to reassure her. She gave me a weak smile, but I could see it in her eyes that she knew we were doomed. “Snow, look at me, we will get out of here.” She raised her eyes up, but I couldn’t see hope in them. “Remember the time you and I got caught sneaking into Innkeeper's place?” She laughed sadly.

“We tried to steal a cinnamon roll. He was so mad at us and I thought Master was going to tan our hides.” She laughed, but I could still see the tears falling.

“Yeah. We found out he makes them every morning and gives the unused ones out to poor families at the end of the night.” I laughed.

“How about the time I stole your underwear, the blue ones.” She said laughing as she cried.

“That was you. I was so pissed when those went missing.” I replied laughing with her. Why did I feel like laughing right now? Was my brain broken? “I looked everywhere for those.”

“You should have looked under my pillow.” She said.

“Why?” I asked joining her in crying as we laughed.

“They smelled like you and I wanted them on nights I was lonely.” She said as she gasped for air.

“If we are being honest, I sniffed the underwear you left on the table.” I said.

“I was hoping you would. It was my way of paying you back for stealing yours.” The door opened and we both went quiet as the sound of jingling keys came to us. A large human man came in and smiled at Snow, hunger in his eyes.

“My treat.” He growled at Snow.

“Don’t lay a finger on her.” I screamed.

“Or you’ll what? I can do what ever I like to her and soon you’ll be the fuck toy of that fat bitch of a queen.” He smiled at me. “She is my fuck toy and soon I wont be the only one.” He entered the cell and started unlocking her from the wall. She tried to struggle and fight, but the bastard was so much larger and stronger than she was. He dragged her away, but I could still hear her in the next cell as she cried and begged. It broke every fiber of my being knowing what was about to happen and how little I could do to stop it.

{Snow Cottontail}

The huge guard dragged her to the next cell and uncuffed her legs before bringing out a knife. He showed it to her and smiled. “You won't be needing clothes so let’s get rid of them. She looked around for anything and saw light coming through the window. The moon was full and drew her eyes as she cried. He started cutting away her clothing as she tried to go anywhere in her mind. Focus on the moon, maybe it can drown out what was going to happen. She was still fighting, but he was strong enough to hold her down as he removed everything. Focus on the moon. Her rage was long boiled over and she wished she could kill everyone for making her feel this way. For pulling her away from Gen, away from her life and making her feel like a scared bunny again.

 

SKILL UPGRADED: SWAY OF THE MOON IS NOW LEVEL 2. YOUR PASSIONS ARE NOW MORE PRONOUNCED DURING THE FULL MOON. YOU WILL FEEL STRONGER AND HAVE STRONGER FEELINGS DURING THIS TIME.

 

She blinked, but still felt helpless. Even the gods seemed to mock her at this time. Her anger grew and nostrils flared as she growled at the man who was now slowly undressing. “That’s good I like it when they fight.” He said to her as he smiled evilly. Why was this world so wrong? Her eyes kept going back to the moon that seemed to settle her mind.

 

SKILL UPGRADED: SWAY OF THE MOON IS NOW LEVEL 4. YOUR PASSIONS ARE NOW MORE PRONOUNCED DURING THE FULL MOON. YOU WILL FEEL STRONGER AND HAVE STRONGER FEELINGS DURING THIS TIME.

 

She blinked at the box that was slowly turning red before her eyes. Her body seemed to be burning as she screamed in rage at him, drool beginning to froth at the edge of her mouth. He pulled off his pants and stood there in the moon and torch light nude and ready as he slowly moved to her. “We can’t kill you until everyone has had a turn.” He said, smirking at her. Her body seemed to move on its own as she struggled against the chains holding her. It felt wrong on every level being held like this. Her large chest heaved as she breathed heavily.

 

SKILL UPGRADED: SWAY OF THE MOON IS NOW LEVEL 5. YOUR PASSIONS ARE NOW MORE PRONOUNCED DURING THE FULL MOON. YOU WILL FEEL STRONGER AND HAVE STRONGER FEELINGS DURING THIS TIME. YOU HAVE GAINED THE TITLE CHAMPION OF THE DARK WOODS. CONDITIONS MET. YOU HAVE GAINED THE ABILITY OF WILD FORM. THIS ABILITY ACTIVATES DURING THE SIGHT OF THE FULL MOON. MESSAGE FROM THE GOD OF THE DARK WOODS. GOOD HUNTING LITTLE ONE.

 

The screen was now a deep red, but she didn’t care. Her body suddenly felt like it was on fire as her mind slowed. It should have hurt the way she moved and the way things felt like they were moving beneath her skin. Her feet that had been dangling, now touched the floor. She screamed as she seemed to grow, towering over the man who had towered over her. Fur bloomed across her arms and legs as her feet grew. He was cowering in stunned fear and she could actually smell it flowing off him in waves as the sound of groaning metal hit the floor. Her chains were gone and she was free. Free like she should be. Moving faster than she had ever moved before, she rolled and kicked out with both feet. The naked man flew through the bars exploding into a mass of gristle, meat and blood. She sniffed it and wrinkled her nose. Sniffing the air, she smelled him. He was close and she wanted him. The metal bars of the cell door fell away as she attacked it.

Her claws were strong and this door was weak. It wouldn’t keep her from him. He was hers. She moved over to the door and could smell his sadness and fear. Her mate shouldn’t smell like that. She clawed at his door and he turned to her. The smell of fear became stronger as she worked. She would have to move faster to remove the fear he smelled like. She entered slowly and watched puzzled as he pulled away from her. She reached up slowly and furrowed her brow as he tried to pull away. She stroked his cheek and smiled at him. Why did he still smell scared? She opened her mouth, but the voice that came out wasn’t hers. It was deep and sounded more like a growl. “Gen.” That wasn’t right. She looked down at her hands and saw large claw-like hands, the back of her hand and arms were covered in long white fur. The fingers were tipped in sharp dagger-like nails.

“Snow?” Gen asked, looking at her in amazement. There was still fear there, but it was replaced by joy. “What happened to you?” She looked down at her legs. Why was Gen so small now? Her feet were longer, legs longer and covered in fur. Her breasts were still exposed, but seemed to be smaller and look more like muscle. What had happened to her?

“Ugly?” She said feeling her soul rage at how she looked. She roared and lashed out as she pulled him from the wall and let him fall to the floor. She would never hurt him but felt angry at what had changed her. Gen would think she was ugly like this. She wanted to kill, wanted to hunt. She wanted to mate, but Gen wouldn’t mate with her like this. She felt his hand brush her cheek. He was so much smaller now. Why couldn’t she think? She roared and pushed away from him but stopped when she felt him hug her. Her heart skipped a beat as she turned to him. “Ugly.” She said as she whined like some large dog. Why was her voice so weird now? She hated it.

“You aren’t ugly to me, my battle bunny.” she could smell the joy and fear coming off him and turned to him slowly. “Let’s get out of here and get back to the others.” He said and she looked around. She needed to get back to Willow and Ket. How had she forgotten them? Would they think she was ugly now? She howled, but stopped as she smelled fear coming from a cell in the back. It was small and smelled human. She pulled Gen with her to the back of the cells to see a small human woman. Her rage grew and she clawed at the door. “Snow, Stop. We have the keys.” Gen demanded. Snow turned to him and nodded. Keys? What were those again? He pushed the metal in the lock and the door opened. She felt slighted and started forcing the door off its hinges. Gen had taken off his chains and was unlocking the human woman. Did he want her over Snow now? No Gen didn't smell like lust. He smelled like sadness. He felt sorry for the human woman. Snow loved how he took care of everyone.

“Gen.” Snow growled and looked to the stairs. She could smell humans gathering, smell the leather, metal and fear seeping down to them.

“I know. We will take care of them. Let’s go home.” He said patting her. The human woman passed out in his arms. The human was small and weak like she had not been fed in a while. Snow’s own belly growled as the door down to them opened. She roared and started running on all fours before charging up the stairs, clawing through any who stood in her way. These humans had wronged her, and she raged at them, wanted to slaughter them, kill them all. Gen and the new woman followed after her, he was so careful with the human. Snow had cleared the area, and they were standing outside. She smelled horses and pointed to them. She liked horses and wanted to pet them. “Good call.” Gen said moving to the horses and pulling one free. He moaned up, the human woman still it his arms. The human woman woke up and looked around. She saw Snow and screamed before passing out again. Snow knew she was ugly.

“Ugly.” Snow whined as she hid her face. Snow heard the horse come close to her and her mate's hand touched her shoulder. She looked up with wet eyes into his smiling face.

“You are not ugly. You are brave and beautiful.” He said and she knew he was happy and loved her. They fled across the land and into the night.

 

{Guslua Fos Bothoum}

She arrived at the fort moments after Gen, Snow and the unknown wanderer had left. She never knew how close she had come to dying that day. She walked into the blood-soaked halls and had her own guards spread out. She found the fat, would be queen, stuffing her face up in the top of the tower. The huge woman had let herself go and was crying as she ate everything in sight. Guslua smiled as she entered the room. “And what the fuck happened here?” She asked sweetly. The fat queen looked at her, three chins following behind her round face.

“You are here. They just escaped.” She said, sending her chins wagging.

“And how did they escape?” Guslua asked, as she moved slowly to the fat queen. Did the woman understand how hated she was?

“They had some type of monster with them that tore apart my men. They nearly interrupted my dinner and now I am stress eating to make up for it.” She said as she seemed more offended by the food than anything. “I did learn something important though.”

“Oh, and what is that?” Guslua asked sweetly as she rubbed the handle of the knife hidden in her dress.

“Savage is a wanderer I summoned.” Guslua’s eyes went wide as anger filled every part of her being.

“What?” She asked in a small voice. She moved closer as the fat queen went back to eating.

“Yes, I summoned him so if I can find out who he is, we can send him back home and be done with it.” She said as she forked more food into her fat face.

“No.” Guslua said coldly, dropping the act.

“No, what? I can explain it to the others and we can be rid of him once and for all.”

“No, I am afraid you were killed during their escape.” Guslua said drawing her knife. She waited until the fat queen looked at her before slashing her throat like the pig she was. “You are the one who brought him here. You killed my father. Don’t worry, I will use your death to convince the others into actions I want. We will kill him, destroy his city and end it all.” She watched the light leave the other woman’s eyes before pushing her away from the table so she could roll on the floor. The portal mage that Guslua’s plan had hinged on emerged behind her. “Should I worry about you?” She asked, smiling over at the mage who held up his hands.

“Why, I only showed up to see the fat bitch, I mean, true queen dead on the floor? You pay me well so I am loyal to you.” He said with a smirk.

“Did she try to use you to summon someone?” She asked her faithful servant.

“She did and it failed.” he said with a shrug.

“How so?” She asked moving to a clear chair as she scowled at the table loaded with food.

“I summoned a human woman who can’t speak. I tried to warn our queen, but she wouldn’t listen. She had a knack for that.” he said, eyeing the body in a weird way.

“She did have a good idea though. What if we summon our own monster. One we can sick on Savage and all his people.” He blinked at her, his huge smile lighting up his face. “What would it take to summon a truly powerful one?” She asked sweetly as she cleaned the blood off the knife.

“The blood of a royal, I could use her heart too. Might need some other things that will be hard to find, like a proper summing mage and some powerful elements.” She stood and smiled at the mage like an innocent young maiden.

“Get me a list and we’ll make it happen. I want him to watch all of his friends and family die around him. I want him to hold the lifeless bodies of his children and then and only then will I kill him.” She said, giving the mage a polite bow before leaving. He breathed a sigh as she left the building before looking down at the queen's body.

“That woman scares the shit out of me.” He said drawing a knife.

 

{Gen Savage}

We were moving east until I figured out where we were. Snow, despite being a monster, was still Snow and I loved her. She was now over seven feet tall with long thin, yet muscular arms and legs. Her toes and fingers were tipped in long dagger-like claws. Her face looked slightly longer and more pointed. Her long ears were now slicked to the back of her head. The biggest change was the long white fur that covered her arms, legs and back. She was faster, stronger, but her mind seemed slower. I looked down at the woman in my arms. She was far too thin and looked to be starved nearly to death. The wind shifted and I stopped my horse. I could smell a city ahead. Maybe that was the one we had taken over. The night was still dark, but the moon was red and starting to set. Snow looked like she was getting tired, and I wondered if she would be okay.

“Gen.” Snow said, reaching up with a clawed hand. I took it and kissed the back softly. “Tired.” I smiled at her and nodded.

“I know. Let’s find a safe place and I’ll watch so you can sleep.”

“Love.” She said smiling.

“I love you too Snow.” I said before letting her go. We found a cave and I gathered wood as Snow lay against the wall. As soon as the moon had set, she was fast asleep and started changing back. I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked at her. Taking off my shirt, I covered her before letting the fire build up. It should keep us mostly safe so long as we didn’t find anything too large. I found a few wild edible barriers and tried to wake the new woman. She shook and looked around weakly. I pulled her to my lap and started feeding her the barriers. It was clear she was too weak to do it herself. She ate them slowly and smiled at me before saying something strange. I blinked at her and smiled. “Hello?” She frowned at me and spoke again. I grunted and switched to orc. “Hello.” She shook her head, so I switched to elvish. “Hello.”

“Don’t.” She said in big brother’s language. I racked my brain to remember what I could.

“My name Gen.” I said, flicking my ears at her. She looked up and reached up to touch them. I grabbed her hand and smiled at her. "Don’t.” I said back to her.

“Real?” she said. I could only understand a few words and she said more, but I didn’t understand it.

“Real. Gen.” I said pointing at myself. I pointed at her trying to get her name. She laughed weakly.

“Me Tarzan you Jane.” She laughed wildly.

“No me Gen. you Tarzan?” That didn’t sound like a woman’s name as there was a book named Tarzan. It was a fun read and Tarzan seemed like a nice guy. She shook her head and pointed at herself.

“Nancy.” She said slowly.

“Nancy.” I said with a smile. “Food?” She nodded and closed her eyes as I fed her. She looked around and saw Snow’s long white hair and freaked out a little, her eyes going wide. I pointed at Snow and tried to remember the word for friend. “Snow.” I eventually landed on just saying her name. Nancy shook and tried to move away saying a few things I couldn’t follow. “No Snow safe.” Close enough. “Snow.” I repeated.

“Fa da sen.” She said getting as close as she could in common. Maybe big brother could help her. A sound came to me in the pre-dawn light and a scent filled my nose. I moved Nancy's head off my lap and stood as something large and friendly barreled into me. Willow tackled me, making Nancy start to cry and curl into a ball. I laughed as I brought Willow over to her.

“Willow Safe.” I said in English.

“What are you sayin? What is goin on? Why is Snow nude and who in all the hells is this?” Willow asked in outrage. I laughed and kissed her.

“I’ll explain everything when I can.” I said as I looked around at the dark woods around us.

 

{ZeroGiven40}

Sorry this one had to be so dark. It was needed to let thing happen. Meet the BBEG of the book. She is smart enough to give Alex a run for his money. For those of you who don't remember. Her father tried to buy Gen and Snow when they were kids playing at the inn. He was knocked out by Meathead for being rude and killed by his own spy when he tried to ruin Alex's town. What are your thoughts on Snow's powerup. Do you feel okay about her being the champion of a dark god? I love how she turned the guard to paste and even in that form Gen still loves her and is there for her.

4