Chapter 16 Gen is a Nightmare.
61 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ket Ra Ku)

She was in her Knight charging as fast as the RV would allow her to. Teacher had told her that Gen and the others were safe, but she knew she wouldn't feel that they were until she saw them for herself. The city was barely in view, and she felt her breath quicken. She was so tired. The food in her Knight had run out and she badly needed sleep. So close to him and them and yet she couldn’t stop. Each step felt like an aching eternity that built in her chest.

She sat up a little and blinked back tears she never knew had started to fall as she saw him. He stood on the path waiting for her. The moment she was close enough, she let her Knight lay down and opened the door before stumbling out and stomping her way over the ground to him. He was so close and the only thing that hindered her was a strange red headed human that was hiding behind him. Anger filled her small frame and she wanted to rip the human’s head off. Who was she? Would she try to take Ket's place? Gen was hers not this human woman. She wanted to claw this woman’s eyes out, but she was feeling weak.

“Hi, there.” He said and she felt her control slip. She fell and he caught her in his strong arms. She wanted to ask about the other woman or about him, Snow or Willow, but her mind was blank as she took in his scent and the feel of his strong arms. She fluttered her eyes up at him as he smiled down at her. “You, okay?” He asked and she gave him a weak smile.

“Happy.” She said as she held him. He stiffened and she looked over to see the new woman stroking his tail. It was so sudden and just so wrong. Ket couldn’t help herself and lashed out at the new woman. She clawed at the other woman’s hand who jumped back and clutched her injured hand.

“Ket, she doesn’t know and can’t speak common. She only knows English.” He scolded her and she growled at him. He was being mean to her and it wasn’t right. She turned to the other woman and spoke in accitented English.

“No pet his tail.” The other woman blushed and cowered as she spoke softly.

“Yooou, you speak English?” She asked looking up at Ket in wonder.

“Yes. No pet his tail. He is mine. I licked him, he is mine.” Ket said, her head spinning with the strain of everything.

“Why?” The new woman asked. Ket blinked, her mind going back to his words. This new one didn’t know.

“Tails are like kissing.” Ket said, watching the new woman closely. The blush started at her ears and overtook her face burning so red that it nearly matched her hair. For some reason, this made Ket smile. She felt pride that she was able to make this new one back off.

“I didn’t know.” The new woman mewed. Gen smiled at Ket and started stroking her back as he picked her up into a princess carry.

“Be nice. She is a wanderer.” He said in common, scolding Ket, but she didn't feel bad about it. She tucked into his chest and started pawing at his shirt. Ket turned to the new woman as she cowered behind Gen as Betty ran by. This made Ket smile as she licked his shirt. She licked him so he was hers. Those were the rules.

“What is your name?” Ket asked the new woman not really caring, but it was the right thing to ask.

“Jessica.” She said in a small, scared voice.

“My name Ket.” Ket said as she licked his shirt again. “I licked him, he is mine.” She said tucking in closer.

“Not sure what that means, but okay. I thought he was with Snow and Willow?” Jessica asked. Ket nodded, delighting in how tightly he held her.

“He is. I am three not you.” Ket said. She wouldn’t let her become his third before Ket would. She just had to wait a few more months.

“Okay.” Jessica said in a small voice hiding behind Gen. It wasn’t right. Doing that would only make him want her more. She was failing so badly at this. Why was it so easy for others to talk to each other when she struggled? Peeking around his shoulder, she looked at Jessica.

“Friends?” She asked, trying and failing to smile at her. Jessica shrunk back but nodded.

“I am okay with that. Where did you learn English?” She asked and Ket tucked back into his arms as he brought them into the city.

“Songs from your world and Debbie.” Ket said as she licked a bare bit of his exposed arm. He squirmed and laughed at her.

“That is amazing.” Jessica said and Ket had to beam at that. She was amazing and this new woman knew it. “What was that huge metal bull?” She asked and Ket had to sneak a peek to see if Jessica was making fun of her.

“My Knight?” Ket asked unsure if she was mocking her. Did she have a bigger and better Knight? Surely not, Teacher made the best Knights.

“That is so cool. It almost looks like Zoids.” Jessica said as she looked back at Ket’s Knight. Ket nodded and reached up to wrap her arms around Gen’s neck. He was so close, and she leaned up to lick his neck. He tasted so good, and it made her happy.

“Stop that.” Gen said in common. She smiled and blushed as she hid from his view. He needed a bath, but she didn’t care. “When will the others get here?” He asked in his booming voice.

“Another day.” Ket said. She needed him and he was being so kind and gentle with her. Would he let her see what was hidden in his pants if she asked? She didn’t want to ask here with the Jessica so close. She wanted her first time seeing it to be special. He nodded and kept walking through the streets. Suddenly someone was hugging and holding her, and she felt soft white ears tickle her face. Snow was safe and Ket felt herself crying. She was happy as the two people she cared about most were being nice to her.

“Ket, you are safe.” Snow said as she held Ket close. Something brushed her tail, and she felt a tingle run up her spine. She looked down to see the Jessica touching her tail. She wanted to be mad, but it felt nice.

“Hug first.” Ket said to her in English. The Jessica nodded and joined the others in hugging and holding her. Her feelings overwhelmed her, and she felt her mind slip as everything went blank.

 

{Gen Savage}

Once the townsfolk had arrived and everything was set, we packed up to head back to Happy Valley. Ket was being a little standoffish, but that was understandable. Jessica refused to leave my side and would hide behind me when anyone else was around. I wasn’t sure what to do about her. It was clear she liked me, and I wasn’t sure how I felt about her. Maybe things will change when we get back to town.

We had just stopped for the night when I lay a map on the table. Ket was eating and looking angrily at Jessica. “I think we should stop at Glade Wind on the way back.” I said as I pointed at the map. It was only a few hours out of our way and was listed as an easy target.

“Won’t Master get mad?” Snow asked. “He said he wanted us to come back as soon as we could.” I crossed my arms and took a breath.

“He did, but I think one easy target should be a safe bet to take over.” That and it would hopefully make up for me losing Snow’s Knight and putting her in danger. If I didn’t start taking over the area, he might let Woodcutter take over and demote me to something else. I couldn’t let him down.

“Are you going to fight?” Willow asked and I could see that she was slightly worried. I nodded and put a hand on my hip.

“I will. It should be an easy fight. Snow, what are your thoughts?” I turned to her as she crossed her arms, somehow making her breasts swell to nearly pop out of her top. Much to my joy now that the moon was no longer full, she had returned to her normal self.

“You wouldn’t have back up. I mean I could take over for Ket in her Knight if things went south, but it is taking a huge risk.”

“Everything we do is a huge risk.” I pointed out.

“Snow in my Knight.” Ket said, lifting her chin. “Tonight is my turn.” She turned her large eyes up to me. I had the feeling she had something planned.

“What if they try the same tricks? I’m not sure I feel comfortable with you being captured or worse. "Willow said. Jessica was talking with Ket who answered, but her words were a little cold.

“The Jessica wants to know if it is worth it.” She translated.

“I think it is. They are expecting us to go back home and lick our wounds. This is an ideal time to strike.” I said, slapping my palm. I wished I could come out and tell them the truth, but my own ego was a piss poor excuse. “Let’s hold it to a vote. All those in favor of going for this town?” I asked as I held up my own hand. Much to my shock, Snow was the only one to join me. She looked a bit upset, but I think that is because she didn’t have a Knight to fight in. “All those opposed?” I asked. Ket and Willow raised their hands. We all turned to the tie breaker who cowered behind me. Once Ket told her what was going on and they talked back and forth for a while, Ket turned to me with a frown.

“She agrees with you, but I think that is because she wants you.” She said as she put her chin on her arms. I reached over and began to pet her ears. I knew she could have lied, but the fact that she didn’t meant a lot to me. Her eyes fluttered and she moaned softly. Slowing down to make sure she was happy, I moved to my seat where Willow served up dinner. It was a lovely elk she had hunted the night before. 

 

Two days later I was in Abyss outside of the town. Three Knights stood out front and it was clear they were trying the same trick. All three were the old models and would be little better than an appetizer to me and my partner. Something was building inside, and I wished all three would charge me so I could rip them apart. The town was mostly shabby and reminded me of Happy Valley when I first came there. No wall and mostly shabby houses. On the map it was little more than a footnote and stopping point for caravans.

I blinked as a little ant of a man came out. My anger boiled at him standing there and I had to blink to hold it back. Where was this anger coming from? Why did I want to burn this city to the ground. This city was mine; I never burn anything I own. Why was I thinking that? Maybe this was something I would have to ask big brother about. If I was just moving the Knight, it didn’t affect me, but when fighting, I felt something flowing back to me, but it was so small that I wasn't sure it was real or not.

“Now that everyone has gathered, I would ask Gordeth to show this challenger the honor he is due.” The tiny mayor said. For some reason this man wasn’t showing arrogance or disrespect. It was like he was hoping I would win, or he knew the outcome and was planning on showing his new boss the best face he could. This made my chest swell with pride as the other Knight moved forward. I felt like being merciful and ending it quickly. I just stood there as the other Commander approached me with his spear drawn and pointed at my chest.

Spinning on the spot, I used my tail to bat his spear away and when he was off balance and had his guard down, I moved forward quickly and took his head in my jaws. It would be so easy to fire a blast down his neck and burn the Commander alive inside, but he hadn’t harmed me and in fact, he had dropped his spear and was screaming inside his suit.

“I give up, please spare me.” He whimpered. I let him go and stepped back slowly.

“Are you satisfied?” I growled over the town that was now mine. The Knight backed away crawling on his hands and knees, his spear forgotten.

“Yes, my lord. We are now a part of the Savage Empire.” The mayor said as he bowed. I turned back to let Snow tell this fool what to expect and returned to my bay. This was a waste of time and I needed more to fight.

Once Abyss was loaded into its bay, I opened it to see Willow standing there. She looked worried and I could smell the fear rolling off her in waves. Why was she scared of me? Did she want to fight? I bared my teeth, and she stepped back.

“Gen, your eyes.” She said as she covered her mouth. I looked into her eyes that were huge with fear. Reflected back was my own face strange eyes. I could see them glowing with slit like pupils. I blinked and they were round again. Rubbing my eyes, I felt the anger and pride fade from my mind. This was a major issue I would have to tell big brother about. I looked again and the glow was gone.

“Sorry for disturbing you.” I said, holding out my arms. She backed away again and I frowned.

“Gen, Darlin, is that really you? You smell different. Is that Knight thing doin things to you?” She asked as she backed away. I sniffed myself and wasn’t sure what she was talking about.

“What do I smell like?” I asked as I moved slightly closer to her.

“You smell like somethin huge and dangerous. Like one of them huge monsters I’ve seen you fight.” I smelled like a city destroying beast? What was going on with this Knight? Maybe this was something too dangerous for this world.

“Willow, it's me.” I said holding out my arms to her. She sniffed and came forward slowly.

“The smell is gettin smaller, but it’s still there.” She said nervously but moved closer. I heard a sound and saw Ket standing behind a pillar inside the bay. She was watching me closely with large fear filled eyes.

“I guess it was a good thing we came here because this gives us something else to report.” I said with what I hoped was a reassuring laugh. Ket ran to me and tackled me, nearly knocking me on my back. She licked the side of my face. I held her and laughed as I rubbed her back. “I am me.” I said looking into her eyes. It was clear she was happy I was okay even if I had my own doubts now. I took a breath and braced for the report I was going to have to make to big brother. I hoped he wasn’t going to be too mad.

 

That night I was in my bunk alone. All three women had wanted to give me some space after the scare today with my eyes and I couldn’t blame them. Big brother was a little upset that I had disobeyed him but couldn’t argue with my logic. It would take him a few days to get a caravan together and then another two weeks to get them here. Until then we were to wait and protect our new town. The new slaves were setting up a camp outside and it was clear they were happy with the new leadership and rules we had given the town. There was a knock at the door, and I got up with a grunt. Much to my shock, Jessica stood there. She was biting her lip and looking at the ground. She pointed at my bed and said,

“Stay?” I just nodded and stepped aside. I wasn’t sure if this was okay, but I didn’t want to upset her. She took a breath and moved to my bed. She was wearing her traveling robe, and it hugged her blossoming figure. She was a little plumper than most humans, but in a good way. That and learning to ride Eddie every day had helped her tone up a little. I closed the door and took a breath. I had to make something clear to her but had no subtle way to do it. I made the hand sign for sex and shook my head. She blushed and nodded as she looked at the ground. I sat beside her on the bed and let my tail wrap around her. I stiffened as she leaned over resting her head on my shoulder. Her hand absently started petting the tip of my tail as she talked.

It was clear she wanted to talk even if I couldn’t understand her. She spoke quickly and her other hand moved to mine sitting on the bed. Her emotions shifted as she spoke. She smelled of anger and fear, but it shifted to love, and that scent seemed to take over the others. I would just nod at times as big brother had told me that even if I didn’t understand what a woman was talking about a nod can go a long way to making them feel better. I hoped that was good advice as he struggled with talking to people. It seemed to help her as she began to pet my tail and moved it to her lap. I wasn’t sure if she meant to do that or just liked the feeling of my fur. I didn’t really care though. It felt nice and I was beginning to have feelings for her. She couldn’t talk to me in a meaningful way, but the fact that she needed me woke a deep feeling inside. 

Reaching over, I put out the candle and let the room fall into darkness. She stopped talking and looked up at me with huge eyes that seemed to shine in the dark room. I knew she couldn’t see me, but I still smiled at her.

“Jessica safe.” I said as I leaned over to kiss the top of her head. She gasped and the smell of fear and love filled the room. Gulping, she closed her eyes leaning up to me. I laughed and kissed the top of her head. I knew she wanted me to kiss her, but I wasn’t ready for that yet. She bit her lip, and I could almost feel the blush heating the room. With a nod, she moved and lay down on the bed. I gulped and could feel my heart hammering. If she tried anything, would I have the willpower to refuse her? I doubted that. I moved behind her and she reached over to pull my arm to wrap around her middle and sighed as she moved closer to me. I let my other arm slide under her head and couldn’t help myself. I took in her scent from the back of her neck. She moaned and ground her ass into my crotch. It would be so easy to take her, but it wasn’t the right time. She kissed my hand as I pulled the thin blanket over us.

Her heart was beating so fast, but slowed as she took deep breaths. I tried to slow my own pounding heart as it looked like she agreed with me. If she got the approval of Snow and Ket, she could join us, but I wasn’t going to lose any of my women by my own hand or anyone else’s hand.

 

That night I had a horrible nightmare. I was Abyss. Not just inside the Knight, I was the Knight. Only in place of metal were scales. I knew the clear viewing plates were replaced with golden cat like eyes that looked out at the world in anger and rage. I was rampaging to a town, an army at my back. I was going to burn it to the ground and make those inside feel pain and loss. I would bathe in their blood and fear. I needed it down to my cores.

Big brother stood there, and I could see the anger filling his face and the dark smile that would mean I was going to die. Big sis Mia and Battery stood by his side, and he stood on a hill of chains. I felt my mouth open and scream “SAVAGE!”

“Good you know my name. Now let me hear you scream it.” He said through a speaker charm around his neck.

This was all so wrong. I never wanted to be here. Never wanted to do this. I was a protector, a hero of this town and everyone. I was not this. Hands clawed at me, and something shifted. Someone was petting my hair and holding me. I didn’t have hair? I was a scaled monster. A soft voice I couldn’t understand came to me. The world stopped as big brother held up his hand and a huge chain dragon rose up.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in and could smell Jessica. She was holding me and there was something else. Hands wrapped around my back and held me in place, helped me find peace. I was not that monster. I was Gen not Abyss. I started crying and hands started brushing my hair, tail, ears and arms. Voices called to me and calmed me. My heart slowed and the nightmare faded into something more pleasant.

{ZeroGiven40}

Things are finally slowing down a little at work, so I am able to write a little more. That being said I am taking next week off and have some big things planned not just for this book, but for the future as well. Fingers crossed that everything goes well. What are your thoughts about Abyss. Do you think he will gain a balance with his Knight or do you think it will slowly influence him like the one ring? Do you think Ket will ever let Jessica join them?

3