Chapter 16
1.4k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucifer couldn't help but agree with him.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just that Gwen always tells me how important it is to be romantic in relationships." Lucifer said with a sigh.

"Ha! It sounds like you're whipped, dude. You should really man up a little more," Shawn teased him with a smirk.

"Fuck off, man, I ain't whipped by anyone," Lucifer said as he pushed his buddy away with an annoyed expression. He didn't understand why everyone seemed to think he was somehow less manly just because he wanted to treat Gwen well.

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say," Shawn replied while patting Lucifer on the back before heading towards the field to join the rest of the team for practice.

As he watched Shawn leave, Lucifer thought about his relationship with Gwen and wondered if maybe there was something wrong with it after all. They had been together for over six months now, and things had been going great between them.

Yet he began having doubts about whether she actually cared for him as much as he thought. Since she never wanted to do anything intimate or passionate with him because of her moral beliefs about saving herself for marriage.

'If Gwen really did love me, why can't she spend some private moments with me? Are her beliefs so important that she won't even make out with me?' He sighed heavily, thinking how unfair it seemed.

'Gwen always gives me reasons that her innocence needs to be maintained for her future husband, and I shouldn't try to corrupt her. But doesn't she know that life is already corrupted since humans were created with desires? It is only natural to act upon those urges that have been given to us.' Lucifer thought as he recalled how many times he tried convincing Gwen to break free from her shackles of beliefs and just go with the flow. However, every time it was the same old song and dance, she wouldn't budge an inch, and eventually, he would have to stop pursuing her. It frustrated him to no end.

'Why doesn't she trust me enough to share her body and mind with me? If we were meant for each other, why would she think that some ritual or certificate would confirm our commitment? What does a piece of paper or some words mean anyway? Who says we need a ceremony or a blessing from anyone to prove our love? Love is all that matters. Fuck traditions... We should be able to express our love freely without worrying about social norms!' He swore to himself as he clenched his fist tightly.

'Gwen doesn't seem to understand that life is far too short not to take every chance you can to experience something new and exciting. She talks about waiting until marriage, but that's ridiculous! Who knows how long it will take for us to finally tie the knot? What if something happens to one of us before then? Then we'll miss out on something special we could have shared together and regret not doing so later.'

'Ah... Screw this. I'm sick of thinking so much. I need a distraction.' He thought before heading towards the field, joining his teammates in the middle of the practice session.

Lucifer threw himself into training and soon forgot everything else besides football, focusing only on hitting the ball with precision.

He was always aggressive on the field, tackling hard and using his superior strength to his advantage whenever possible. Many players feared him because of his athleticism and ability to run fast while carrying the ball down the field with ease. However, there were others who respected him for being smart enough to know that sometimes being aggressive wasn't enough to win games. Sometimes tactics mattered too.

Lucifer knew how to pass effectively or find open spaces where his teammates could score goals, which allowed them to win some matches despite being weaker opponents overall.

During the entire practice session, Lucifer always kept his eyes on the ball, aiming for the goal posts while avoiding contact with defenders trying to tackle him or steal the ball away.

He scored a lot of points for his team today and helped them secure victory against their rivals. When practice ended, everyone congratulated him and patted him on the back for playing so well.

Several girls from the cheerleading squad, who were present in the stadium, came running over and surrounded Lucifer as soon as he stepped off the pitch.

"Great game, Lucifer! You totally owned it out there today," said one of them as she smiled at him.

"Thanks," Lucifer replied with a shrug.

Another girl asked with a sweet voice, "Can I get a picture with you, please?"

"Of course you can!" Lucifer replied and put his arm around her waist as they posed for the camera.

Soon after that, everyone started taking photos of him. It seemed like he became an instant celebrity among the girls who cheered at their school.

A few minutes later, Gwen arrived on the scene and found Lucifer surrounded by several young women posing for selfies with him. She watched this spectacle from a distance with an unhappy expression on her face and thought to herself, 'Ugh... Those girls are so annoying! Every time Lucifer does well in sports, they flock over him like flies. I hate seeing this happen every single time after his games or practices! But then again, he seems to enjoy being admired by girls, which makes me wonder if he might even prefer that over spending time with me... No way... There's just no way he could ever choose to be with some random floozy over me. After all, we love each other.'

18