Chapter 163
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, hey."

I was about to go to the bathroom after my morning HR. Hasebe is glaring at me with a sharp gaze.

"What is it?... Don't suddenly show hostility for no reason."

"For no reason? You've treated Airi like an incompetent person!"

"Huh? What do you mean by being treated as incompetent? I'm sure I just gave Sakura a fair assessment of being worthless."

What is this girl talking about? I do not understand what it means.

I can feel Hasebe's anger at my words, but it's pure resentment.

"What? Do you want to say that because you are excellent, everyone below you is incompetent?!"

"What's the point? Simply put, it's not just that she doesn't have the ability to do it, but because she didn't change even though there were at least two times when she should have changed."

“Time for a change?” Hasebe was confused. 

Is this girl still stupid or what? 

Why is she still confused? I don't understand.

“Ah. The first one was when they said that the D-class was a defective product on May 1st. By then, everyone would have already known about their shortcomings, so they should have improved." I said, being dumbfounded by her stupidity. 

"B-but! If you say that, the others will too! I don't think everyone has worked hard since May, and you have no right to blame only Airi!"

At this point, Hasebe raises her voice. Well, that's certainly true. 

As of May 1st, there were probably very few people who wanted to change. 

Most of them were angry about their school's evaluations and lamented not being able to receive points.

"That's right. If that's all there is to it, then Sakura isn't the only one. But what about the second time to change... at the sports festival? I remember Sakura got a penalty for being in the bottom 10 of her class, but normally it will be held again next year. 

We should work hard to improve our physical strength in preparation for the upcoming sports festival.”

There is no doubt that the penalties for the next sports festival will be even harsher than this year. 

The exams at this school get harder as time goes on.

''I often go running and going to the gym, but I've never seen Sakura, and in fact, she was skipping the swimming class that took place after the sports festival. She didn't change this when things should have been changed?"

"Well, that's... But! If you said that, wouldn't your girlfriend Shiina-san also receive a penalty?!"

Hasebe couldn't argue with this, but she must have had the nerve to bring up Hiyori's name even though she was a total scumbag.

I'm mentally tired from being restrained by Masumi and the others, so I still need her to come with me to relieve stress.

''Hiyori, like Sakura, has low athletic ability, but she barely received a penalty, and she's been making efforts to improve her physical strength little by little. Before that, her academic ability was at the top of her class, and Ryuen stepped down as leader. 

At the time, she was in charge of organizing the class. Don't mix it up with Sakura, who has mediocre academic ability and no communication skills at all. It's hard to have your lover lumped in with trash."

"Don't be silly! Don't call my friend trash!"

"What's wrong with telling the truth? Going back to the topic, it's out of the question that she hasn't changed since the sports festival where she received a penalty, but what about the third thing... about the class vote? At that time, Sakura was one step away from being expelled, right?”

"That's because you cornered Airi!"

"It was an objective evaluation. Students with lower ability would have prioritized avoiding their own expulsion and would have voted for Sakura, but for mid-career students and above who would not be expelled based on their ability, they should have made a proper judgment and voted for Sakura”

Being in the bottom 10 at the sports festival is a negative factor. 

Basically, students with negative traits should be subject to critical evaluation in that exam.

"In any case, now that she's one step away from being expelled, she needs to seriously change...I'll ask Sakura, did you do any self-improvement during spring break?"

"Uh... no."

At this point, I turned my attention to Sakura, and Sakura trembled in denial.

I knew it. It didn't seem like anything had changed.

''Don't be hard to understand. Normally, you would have to improve yourself to avoid expulsion, but what about strengthening your physical strength? You can talk to Miyake, who is in the same group and has high athletic ability, and about communication, you can have a little interaction with other groups. 

I think there are plenty of ways to improve things, such as talking with Ayanokoji and other groups."

“Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…”

When I say what I am thinking, Sakura starts crying, but I want her to stop.

"Could you please stop crying there? It seems like it's my fault."

I don't like girls' tears. Even if this one is correct, it looks bad.

"Don't kid yourself! It's your fault!"

"Why? I told her about her weaknesses the day before the class vote, but it's Sakura's fault for not trying to change them. 

Besides, if she can't overcome her weaknesses but wants to create strengths, she can talk to Yukimura, who is at the top students in our grade, and she can improve her academic ability.

It's not a bad idea to think about raising your own group to the top. It has a lot of assisting elements to improve, but she didn't do shit to improve herself even after having the perfect people who can help her, and still refuses to change. 

So, I can only see her crying after all of this as nothing but idiotic behaviour, and incompetence of a trash."

It is true that it may be difficult to change her communication skills now, but she should have been able to seriously work on her academic and physical abilities after the class vote.

''B-but!-

''You know what, it's not even worth it. Don't disturb my toilet time with your petty emotionalism.'' 

"Wait!”

"Wait? I won't say anything bad, so why don't you just throw Sakura out of the group? The other classes are aiming for small fry, but they'll get sidetracked by Sakura."

As I was about to leave the classroom, I heard Hasebe's angry voice coming from behind me.

Well, if I ridicule Sakura this much, there's a possibility that she will leave at her own fault.

If that happens, the burden on Ayanokoji, will be lighter.

If it was this guy's personality, he would have no hesitation in cutting Sakura out even if she was in the group, but it's obvious that Hasebe would get in the way of deleting her.

She might get in the way of Ayanokoji.

My top priority is to avenge Arisu's humiliation inflicted on her by the acting director.

To that end, I will lighten the load around Ayanokoji and create an environment where it will be easier for him to deal with the approaching hand.

Then, once the acting director is no longer in the way, Arisu and Ayanokoji can just do black and white, and that's it. 

I don't care how many small fry are crushed because of that.

Besides, although my words contained malice, I don't think the content itself is that wrong.

In fact, Hasebe was the only one in Sakura's group who lost her temper. 

It was natural for Ayanokoji to have no interest in other people, and Miyake and Yukimura were hostile to me at first, but when I said that Sakura should have changed at the sports festival, their hostility gradually faded, and by the time I talked about the class vote. 

It has become quite thin.

If you think about it objectively, there's probably a problem with Sakura, who hasn't changed even though there were times when she should have changed three times. 

I think Miyake and Yukimura understood that, so they didn't lose their temper like Hasebe did.

Well, even without interference from the Acting director, Sakura and Shinohara are scheduled to be destroyed after I move classes, so they'll probably disappear sooner or later.

While thinking this, I headed to the bathroom and while I was urinating, Ryuen opened the door and came in.

"Yo. That Hasebe girl was making a fuss in Class D. What happened?"

"Hmm? Just now..."

When I told Ryuen, who came to the urinal next to me, about our earlier exchange, he looked at me in shock.

"Isn't this a complete case of resentment? Your way of saying it may have irritated her, but Sakura, who is about to be expelled from school and doesn't improve, is an idiot."

That's right. You're not wrong about that.

“But I can’t understand the thoughts of a piece of trash who has no ability but no desire to improve.”

"Ryuuen thinks so, too, right? The school culture is that those with low abilities lose out, but I don't understand why people don't want to change. By the way, how many people are there like that in your class?"

''There are quite a few, but the members of Manabe's group, who dropped out of school, are especially small fry.''

"Even though the group leader disappeared? They still don't want to change."

"Not at all. There are probably people in every class, but I'd like school to consider people who have aspirations for admission. That would be more interesting."

If everyone was ambitious, every special exam would become a decisive battle and they wouldn't be able to let their guard down.

And even if you don't graduate with an A class, you can continue to pursue your desired career path on your own and your future won't be so pessimistic.

Well, it's probably difficult to actually measure ambition.

"It's just a pipe dream. Humans are ugly creatures."

While saying that, I washed my hands, left the bathroom, and returned to my classroom...

"That's why you need to say it proudly in front of Airi!? Think about Airi's feelings too!"

Hasebe was yelling at Yukimura and Miyake. 

Based on that, I expected Yukimura and Miyake to approve of some of my statements.

3