Chapter 5: Grandmother’s tutoring , Dreams and hope (1)
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being unconscious for about 10 hours, in evening, Samuel finally got up in his room, his clothing is different from what he wore in morning.

Feeling weak and hungry, he try call someone, just to notice his table, on it a line up of soup and porridge and similar food can be seen, as if prepared for someone who is ill.

Moving forward and sitting on the chair, he start eating while thinking about what happened to him.

(after seeing that nonsensical dream I get out of room and go to training ground, Simon had an accident and I used water magic to cool down his body …huh?)

No matter how he try, he doesn't remember how he become able to use water magic and why after that little amount he used, he ended up like this.

After he finished eating his meal, he moved out of room, standing at door is zeth, he seem unfocused and spacing out, hearing sounds of door being opened he turn around and look at Samuel.

At first his face show signs of relief and next it's shift to worry.

“I'm glad you're doing well, young master, but it's better for you to go back and rest”

Hearing him, Samuel feel like laughing, and respond “what rest zeth, I've been sleeping the entire day and I don't think more rest be of any use”

(even if my use of water magic was burden to my body, it's seems fine right now) 

“even if what you say is true, it's still better for your father to check on you, then go anywhere you like”

“…alright, then go and inform father, I'll be in my room”

Going back to his room to wait for his father, he move chair and sit down.

From outside he hear voice of gardener and other household employees working, like always he get up and approach the window, looking outside, attendant work seems to much away from him to look at what they're busy with or talk to them.

Feeling bored, he pace around the room for something, but find nothing interesting, his eyes fell on empty glass of water on table, a sense of curiosity well up within him.

(can fill it up with my magic?)

Wanting to test his thought he gather his thoughts, like he did in morning, and a small ball of water formed inside the glass as excitement fill his heart. 

Pleased with his success, he plan to fill entire glass. 

Suddenly door open up following James angry voice “ what do you think you're doing here?”

Stopping what he was doing and getting up, he looked at his father, with an innocent expression, not knowing what wrong deed has he committed.

“I-I w-was just trying to fill the glass.” he replies nervously 

“I know that but you're not permitted to use your mana, until I say otherwise.” James says forcefully, obviously not wanting to hear any objections. 

But Samuel, oblivious to his thoughts asks “ why? Why I can't use it?”

“you've not forgotten what happened to you in the morning right? You want to end up like that again” explains James

Unsatisfied by this situation, Samuel try to argue with him, just to be silenced by his next word.

“if you think that, you ended up like that because it was your first time using magic, then I have to say it's wrong, your mana is way too low that why you can't use magic hastily, also you can't use recovery potion.”

“…huh? Can't use potion? What do you mean, father?”

“it's seems to be ineffective for you, your grandmother will be here about one week from now, you can ask her about it further.”

His father word, while were true, it was hard for young boy to accept. He didn't receive status system, now his body mana seems to be low and upon all that he's unable to use potion too.

Putting his thoughts away for now, he wants to see his brother and Carolina to confirm their well-being.

“can I go see brother and Carolina?”

“Yes, you can, they're in better condition than you actually.”

Walking out and going towards living room, James explain Simon situation. 

“apparently, he tried to use his unique magic and his incapability to control it, caused the explosion, but since he has Goddess of flame Divine protection, flame didn't affect him much, just his body temperature was quite high and he was thrown by shock wave, cooling him down and a little rest was all he needed”

While explaining, he didn't tell the that his action was foolish thing to do, since he reached there only some few seconds  later after him, so if Samuel didn't do anything, James would have done it and he wouldn't be hurt.

(well what's done is done, and we noticed many things in this incident, Samuel capability to use magic, his low capacity mana and potion not working on him so I should tell zeth to always look at him, so that he doesn't use mana carelessly)

James thought and turned toward the boy and asked.

“a little while ago you were trying to fill the glass by water magic, after doing that you should felt a special energy moving inside your head, right?”

As respond, Samuel nod with a bewildered face, not knowing what's strange about that.

“after that, did you felt a sensation of it return to you?”

“Huh?” Samuel let out a confused voice

“what I mean is did you felt something like breathing, a pleasant sensation that fill the head, which is indicator of your mana recovered completely.”

Samuel shake his head at his father question and says

“no, father, I didn't have such feeling”

“Huh?” this time it's James that is confused. 

(he just use an insignificant amount, about 100 unit of mana and at maximum with counting wasted amount it'll be 200~300, and such amount inside the mansion, which has effect to boost recovery rate, should have already recovered, but it isn't?why?) deep in thoughts, the duo reach living room. 

Inside Emma, Simon, Carolina and Camelia is present, two mother seems to be worried about their foolish childern and by the obedient way those two are behaving, it's seems that they'd a good amount of scolding from two women. 

Seeing these two Simon jump from his seat and go towards his brother, embracing him.

“ I'm glad you're fine brother and I'm sorry, really sorry ” in last part, he seems ready to tear up.

“…alright, enough, it's embarrassing ” Samuel didn't like his sudden action and pushed him away lightly.

After Simon get separated from him, he look at other and noticed their peculiar expression and noticed he'd gotten a little too emotional.

Afterwards James explained everything Samuel situation that he knows, adding that his recovery speed seems low to none-existing, informing them that in about a week his mother would be here to teach three children about skills working, magic control and special situation they might encounter and etc. 

Samuel, being just eaten, after talking to his mother and convincing her that he's fine, he returned to his room.

He try to find something to do, but there was nothing.

(having nothing to do sure feel boring) 

Only thing he could was to lie on bed and try to sleep but since, nearly all of day he had been sleeping, he doesn't not feel sleepy at all.

Rising his upper body he look at glass of water, and plan to resume his plan to fill it up. 

Getting up and picking it up, he place it on drawer besides his bed. 

Looking at it, he guide his mana, which feel more comfortable each time, he use it create water, after it's about half full, a sense of dizziness assault him and he hurriedly stop the water magic that was being used.

Afterwards he comfortably goes to sleep. 

Next day morning when he woke up, he'd a really good feeling, like his head being cleared and his body floating in wind.

(is this what father meant about mana being fully recovered? Yeah it's really pleasant feeling) 

He got up and changed his clothes and go to dinning room, while eating breakfast with his family, his mother told him and his brother.

“I'll train you in your physical stat to understand your potential, especially you Samuel, since system doesn't work for you”

Getting to training ground that day and training for some few hours, Simon being strength specialist and Carolina being speed was obvious and effect was easily noticeable. 

As for Samuel, he was promising in no field, neither high in speed nor high in strength and Stamina , but at least his body were above average. 

(if he train, he should be able to steadily rise his power even without leveling up) Emma thought to herself. 

Having a rest and lunch, in afternoon three children go towards garden, full of trees that were regaining their leaves, seeing green lush scenery caused Samuel mood to lift up and trio planned to play hide and seek.

Drawing lot, Samuel lost.

As he start counting, other two hide themselves. 

Finishing his counting, he start to look for their trace, he felt wind caressing his skin and go a certain path.

(huh?why I can tell that wind movement?and why does it feel like it's showing a way)

Following it,after a little while it grows stronger as if to tell him something, which was the he was near them, this way he found two easily.

“damn it, that was fast but I'm not gonna lose to you” says Simon as he start his counting.

When Samuel hide, wind informed him of his brother distance to him and direction that he's coming from, with constantly changing hiding spot, it caused Simon to be unable to find him.

While he continued to hide, he tripped on tree root grown in ground and fell from a slope.

At end of slope, he hit some branch that were in his way but instead stop his fall they broke and he stopped in an underground tunnel.

After some second he got up and swept dust off his clothes, feeling a little sore from fall he planned to return but he was unable go back same way as he couldn't use that slope to reach where he was.

Looking forward and backward, he wondered which way he should go, when he felt flow of wind towards forward.

Feeling his today luck tells him to go forward, he decided to follow.

Even though this little forest they are playing inside is a part mansion and it doesn't have any monsters in it, it's still can be dangerous for a child.

After going through tunnel, he reached a spacious place, root of tree could be seen in ceiling and an alter was placed in middle.

Looking around anxiously, he got near to the alter.

Alter was simple, made out of wood, it'd appearance of wood branch holding something, and upon it, there was a thick book.

Looking at book with curiosity he touched it.

Afterwards book turned to dust, and flowed in wind.

Looking at strange happening infront of his eyes at voice reached him.

“brother wake-up”

Hearing his brother voice, scenery around him turned to water and he start feeling like he was within the sea, floating towards sea surface, reaching surface he woke up.

He was lying on ground, leaning to a tree. 

(huh?when and how did I fall asleep?)

His brother was shaking his shoulder, looking at him smugly.

“little sleepy head, you seems to have fallen asleep and you lost some few rounds our game.”

“hahaha, you're right, I've lost”

Thinking about what happened, Samuel guessed that, [wind tracking] that he used was a form of magic, and after he lost his mana, he falls asleep in one of his hiding spots.

(and what was that dream, it's unlike my pervious dream, it lacked feeling of I being aware of it being a dream) Samuel thought to himself as he got up.

Carolina which was silent whole time, look at him and asked him worriedly.

“are you okay sam?you seem to fall asleep a lot lately, if you aren't feeling well, you shouldn't push yourself and go see the healer."

“no, I'm fine Carolina, you don't need to worry about it” brushing her worry away.

They go back for dinner.

Following days they continue training with Emma as physical training can help the growth of stat, besides mana and intelligence. For Simon it was normal growth but for Samuel, this growth was lower than average, and it was unnoticeable.

Besides all this each night Samuel saw dream of explosion with addition of a book being present in shore where his dream started but each time he tried to touch it, it turned to dust and flowed away in wind.

After one week passed, Julie Arion, entered mansion and gathered everyone, not only children but James and Emma too, it's seemed that she had some important news for residents of household.

1