Chapter 6: Grandmother’s tutoring , Dreams and hope (2)
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In living room, six pair of eyes was fixated on Julie Arion. 

She had an extremely displeased face, causing James to shudder a little, remembering time of Academy, when he skipped her class for a weak, thinking that what would his mother do to him.

In the end to his horror, his mother used mana sealing chain on him and had thrown him in an inhabited island with her space magic and told him that he's free from her class for next month.

One month, without any supply but a canteen full of water, incapable of using magic and in island even monsters didn't dwell.

By seventh day, when he was nearly dying from lack of food and water, Julie brought him back.

Julie pointed at James and said “prepare for going to capital”

“hmm?something happened there?” James says while thinking about Nick, he sent him there for his 'work', so he's rather worried by his mother word.

“Yes, something happened, two things happened to be exact.”

While taking a look those around making sure they're listening attentively, she continues.

“first, the crown prince, Allan Harzon, has received divine protections God of Bravery and hope which is same as his ancestor, founder of empire,Alexander Harzon earned ten millenia ago and this caused commission among noble and officials.”

While hearing this James had pale face and muttered “why now” But no one noticed since excited voice Simon distracted everyone. 

“is that better than me who has three?” this childish questions was responded with a glare from Julie, along with some word he never expected.

“Yes, it's better than your, not only God of Bravery is one of strongest among the Great God, Allan also possess divine protection of God of light and Goddess of earth, and similar to you, he has three attribute.” Julie informed him without considering boy's feeling.

Simon hang his head down, and Samuel looked at him with concern but couldn't find anything to help him.

“Alright, enough about that, second is more important.”

All those present look at her absentmindedly.

(what's even more important than this?) was their thoughts 

“those bastards in capital want me to return to Academy and be a teacher again”

Julie Arion, also known as merciless instructress, had groomed countless people to become pillar of human nations.

 she's always been a strong headed women, her stern and unyielding attitude was a major issue for capital Academy staff,but they didn't dare to confront her for it.

She never had any tolerance for noble, kids or their parents.

For nobility, their pride is one of most important factor, most of them foolishly cling to it, like their lives depends on it.

Many times, Julie find their children mediocre in talent but still accepted them because Academy asking for them to be instructed along side her other students, it wasn't because she couldn't refuse it, it was her way of giving them a chance.

But the chance, in most cases would be wasted, since those kids would have delusion about being accepted and when they saw that their classmates are mix of commoner and noble, they would ask to be taught separately, since they're high born and it's beneath them to be together with commoner.

For such fools, Julie didn't even tolerated them a second and throw them out, and their pleading was never accepted.

But since incident ten years ago, she became enraged at Academy staff and resigned.

Her resignation letter actually wasn't approved, but she was in a murderous mood that no one dared to forcefully stop her.

Her unique magic of space, made her one of most trickiest person to battle, even if she couldn't fight head-on with everyone at Academy, she could get in and out of any place she wanted, so confining was nearly impossible.

“is it that bad, grandmother?” Simon asked, not knowing what she was thinking.

“sigh,it's the worst, but let's leave it at that, for now I still have time, till Allan is 15 and is going to attend at Academy, then I'll either make an excuse for not going or make them regret ever asking for it.” reaching this point, Julie made an evil smile, which frightened three child.

“mother, it's not a good thing to smile like that in front of children.” James tried to look composed, but in reality he was more frightened than children, since he knew what that smile will lead to.

“well, even with all that you'll have to participate in banquet for this so-called great gift of gods, crown prince Allan.”

“when it's going to be held, mother?”

“About two months from now, they've given that time for those noble that couldn't be present in capital at time of ritual, like you, to deal with official business of their territory and attend at banquet.” Julie pause for a moment and look at Simon, then adds “there might be some proposal for this kid, try to not do any foolish act in a fit of rage, James.”

“are you really saying that mother, with your own past action?” finishing his word, made him regret it a little.

She didn't show any emotion to his sarcastic word and said “I'm saying this cause of what I did in past, our family is a little short-tempered, so I'm reminding you beforehand.” 

“now, Emma, William I'll entrust this guy to you, make sure he doesn't do anything foolish.”

“I'll try my best, Mother” Nodding in response, Emma had a face of warrior preparing for war.

“Understood” similarly William face, which children always saw as an amiable old man, was dead serious.

(is it really that serious?) Samuel thought to himself as he didn't understand most of his family's conversation.

(but it's seems brother is going to have trouble) he stared at his downcast brother.

“don't worry brother, we'll be together” Samuel tried to reassure his brother, while he'd forgotten his own trouble.

“This concludes this matter.” clapping her hand, Julie turned to childern and said“ in mean time, I'll teach you three, basic of status system working and how to control your mana efficiently and how unique magic works.”

Saying that she flicked her fingers and four person teleported to specific room that mansion had for teaching. 

“why did she used teleport?that room is just besides training ground.” James said, not understanding his mother motive for it.

“she wanted to show off to her grandchildren.” Emma told him bluntly.

When children blinked in surprise of their instant movement, Julie had proud look in her eye.

“did you see? This is unique magic of space.”

“Ooh” Simon was most amazed, and although other two didn't let out voice of amazement, their eyes was obviously excited. 

Moving her fingers she moved three chair to where children was standing and beckons them to sit.

Sitting down, they look at Julie with sparkling eye.

Julie satisfied with their reaction, started her lecture.

“let's start with skills ranking, as you might already know there's is two type of ranking in Passive Skills, active skills and unique skill. One is low, medium, high and extreme, and other is beginner, intermediate, advanced and mastery. Low and beginner is from level 1 to 25, medium and intermediate is from 26 to 50, high and advanced is from level 51 to 100 and reaching extreme and mastery will reset back to level 1.”

Taking a breath and resuming her speech “for Passive skills their effectiveness is; low and beginner are 0.25% per level, medium and intermediate 0.5%, high and advanced 0.75%. for extreme and mastery it's a little different, it's start with 1% per level and it can be increased according to person training and talent, there are some rumors about that this isn't the limit and it can be evolved, but it's not confirmed, highest recorded is 5% per level.”

“of course not all of skills are calculated like this, for example is mana cost reduction which is half of above mentioned effectiveness, and in mastery it'll not grow and will remain 0.5% per level.”

amidst Julie explanation, Simon raised his hand and asked “can you skip to unique magic, grandma?”

Hearing this, Julie frowned, and said “be patient Simon, I'll explain that after active skills.”

“active skills are a little different from passive skills, their ranking only consists of second type, and it's not that you'll get percentage boost to their effectiveness by level up.”

“then what would change by level up?” Simon interrupted Julie's explanation.

Julie seemed a little dissatisfied by his actions, but let it pass and answered him.

“if it's a magic attribute skill, level up allow you to access more abilities, each 10 level a different ability has a chance to manifest on a person.”

“Ooh, so at the end about 10 special usage for each person” Simon look excited about what he could get, as if they're already at his hands.

Julie finally got tired of his act, slammed her hand at wall, which caused room to shake and talked in angry tone“no, you cheeky brat, a person can have no new ability even till level 100 of it.”

“hii” Simon trembled, tremors that simple slam send across the room, reminded him how frightened his father acted infront of this grandmother of his.

With a little strange atmosphere created in room, seeing Samuel attitude of being focused, and having no sign of distracting movement like his brother caused Julie to compare them in her mind.

(why this two are this different, beside their similar face?, they've nothing in common)

“please continue, grandmother” Samuel voice pulled her attention back to what she's supposed to do.

Her voice getting a little heavy, “ call me teacher here.” it's seems to be important to her, how she's called when teaching.

Without waiting for them to say anything, she continues “ as I was saying, magic skill grant you special abilities but leveling it up is hard as well.”

“for you who have level 1, you can only create a little of that element and if it's none elemental like my space magic, then you'll be incapable of using magic.”

“magic is also divided to four rating like the skill of it in your system, and for using them you need to learn about their formula. Without first time usage of formula you can't use whatever that comes to mind, unless you're advanced level, which is impossible without training for at least 3 to 5 years.”

After some time when Julie finished explaining unique magic to she clapped her hands, sign for end of her lecture and says “Alright, you can have break for now, I'll go and bring something which I'm sure you'll find interesting.”

And she abruptly teleported to who knows where.

1