Chapter 15: A latent burning fury
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simon Arion had alway been self-aware of his own impulsiveness, with him being 6 year old, he could alway feel that, whatever happened to him, he would respond way too fast, without thinking beforehand.

Some might call it fast decision making, and other would call it recklessness, being impetuous. 

Whether it was good or bad thing he didn't knew, or somewhere deep down he didn't care about it and ignored it willingly.

But in that moment, when the boy who insulted his family was looking at him, with a cheeky face, like he was proud of what he'd said and it was nothing wrong with those words, he felt something inside of his head whisper to him.

Crush his bone, burn him alive, tear his limbs and cut off his head.

Such thought frightened him.

For a child this was unthinkable ideas, unless it was a monster.

So he tried to resist it, to hold it back, to keep it away.

But before he knew he was using his magic to pressure the crowd.

Best he could do was controlling the heat, so that it didn't hurt his brother.

As a matter of fact, he was aware such sharp word was usual exchange for noble society, and yet, he was this irritated.

If it was like this, then what about future?

How would he endure trouble coming his way?

For these questions, he had neither answer nor intent to give answer.

He didn't even have time to think about it.

But before he committed any of his inner idea.

Crown prince stopped his magic. 

With his power surrpressd, he was tad bit grateful to the boy.

With his meddling, he caused the dark whisper to subside a little.

But it only a drop in ocean, it was helping but lacking.

As Allan started an annoying speech about peace and whatsoever.

As he listened to him, he didn't felt an ounce of agreement with his word, only his magic was holding him back.

His eyes shifted to girl behind Marcus as she advised him to drop the matter.

“you shall end this too, Simon Arion”

Simon disliked his domineering demeanor but it was how it should be, considering his position.

As everyone encouraged compromise, he turned his head and asked his brother with his eyes.

should I really do this? was what his eyes conveyed.

But when he did so, he felt his brother face was different from usual.

Looking at countenance which was no different than his own, gave a sense of being unfamiliarity. 

This cause voice inside of his head vanish completely, like it never was there in first place.

Receiving approval from him, he began moving.

Being just step away from boy with same height as him, even while being older, a creeping sensation started to return to his heart.

Being both impatient to finish the deed and unwilling to actually do so, put him between a rock and hard place. 

But his musings reached a halt when his father's booming voice filled the palace.

He wanted to know what was happening, to help his parents if he could, and be praised by them for it.

“isn't this the voice of that barbarian?what happened, did he finally lost his damn mind?”

This rekindled his flame of fury, what was barely suppressd, now rose up, higher than past.

This time he didn't resist, he wanted to drop the matter but this asshole clearly didn't wanted to.

So he swung his fisted left hand.

With Julie help bringing monster for his level up, he had acquired a great deal of strength, unimaginable for even some adults. 

Even though he still wasn't considerably strong and hadn't even reached his age limit, his power was nothing to scoff at.

His father bodily strength was not much higher than what he possessed.

So when his blow landed, a cracking sound came. 

His fist had shattered the boy cheekbone, jaw and his teeth.

As teeth and blood gushed out, he threw his right hand with same ferocity.

The miserable lamb tried to rise his hand and stop him but it was slow in Simon's eyes, as second hit send him a backward.

This was simple reflexive act, trying to back away, when he couldn't match his opponent strength, but Simon wouldn't let him, have his way either.

So he extended his hand and grabbed his collar, picking him up like a worthless sag of potato, he slammed him heavily on ground.

“guhh…”

A slight tremor could be felt, as boy groaned in agony. 

Hearing his pained voice, having difficulty with even breathing, pleased Simon with nasty joy, as he let voice in background, enter one ear and out of the other.

While he thought that it was enough and he received his just dessert, he found himself going for next strike.

It was same feeling as whispers, just more stronger this time around.

But there was a meddlesome blonde haired boy to jump in middle like always.

“That's enough, control yourself”

Simon, didn't come to like him but he accepted his word as they were truth.

He had to control himself.

“…alright, I'm calm now. Can you please move away, so I can get up?”

As Allan was using his entire physical strength to keep him down, it was hard for him to move.

Allan get away as he requested but stood very close by, so that if he wanted to jump at Marcus, he stop him beforehand.

Mable threw an aggrieved look at Simon, which the boy ignored and went to her brother side.

As Mable was trying pick up his brother, which was severely injured and needed medical treatment immediately, she felt a circulation of mana around him.

“No, brother don't.” Her plea fall to deaf ear as pre-prepared magic on him was released.

Vine wriggle on ground and darted to Simon's direction.

Simon look at simple magic thrown at him with disdain, and prepared to burn it.

As he threw a strand of flame to do the job, vine burned easily.

“is that all you got?”

When he taunted the already tattered enemy, he failed to notice his grave mistake as that magic wasn't Marcus own and it belonged to someone else.

“Aahh…” A ghastly screen made him aware of his mistake.

That magic was never aimed at him as Marcus knew it was useless, so he targeted where it hurts, so he hit the vulnerable one…namely Samuel.

Samuel left ankle was pierced by a vein and blood flowed endlessly as he kneed on ground by his right foot.

Vine didn't stopped there, as it twirled upward like snake and passed through his knee, breaking bone and tearing flesh superbly easily.

“aah …ahh…”

Pain that it brought was beyond a child tolerance, he couldn't even form a proper sentence, as groan was only thing coming out of his mouth.

“Hey, stop this in instant, blackwood's heir” Allan ordered him with a nervous voice as he tried to cancel out the magic, but with he found himself incapable of doing so.

If it was Marcus magic he could do it but sadly it wasn't.

For Simon this was worst feeling. 

Seeing his brother in such horrifying state filled him with rage and guilt. 

It was unrelated to Samuel, but he was forcefully dragged in and was harmed even when he didn't committed anything wrong.

So he left all hesitations away, and accepted the whispers.

Summoning his trident he lashed out at Allan without any warning.

Allan wasn't the target, he was simply in the way.

Allan sensing then frenzied attack, summoned his own weapon, a golden immaterial weapon in form of spear.

As he blocked the strike, he was blown backward, failing to stop power behind it.

Simon didn't glanced at him as he posed to throw trident.

With his power and weapon he was using he would kill both brother and sister in one move.

“Dieee…” let out a voice filled with killing intent, he made the throw.

But…

“enough you evil creature.”

Ten of surrounding court magician moved out, stopping the trident with a wall of earth, they stopped it but just barely.

It wasn't Simon own strength, rather it was trident own might.

After stopping the weapon, they went after the owner.

“restraint him”

Along with their voice chain of earth and flame coiled around Simon body and brought him to ground.

“arghh…” his try at resistance brought him only pain, he didn't have enough power to fight with these great.

But when he was down on ground and losing dignity, he saw a sight worse than his own conditions.

It was Samuel's, all court magician had left the boy to his own, not giving a damn about his suffering. 

This were same people who jumped righteously to stop Simon from killing Marcus.

Then why they ignored Samuel as he twisted in pain? Why didn't they restraint the Marcus before his vicious strike reached? 

More Simon pondered, more infuriated he felt.

Soon he couldn't hear or feel anything besides it as he let out a beastly roar.

His vision turned a pure shade of red, he only had left one card in his hand so he used it, even if was harmful to himself.

In past he tasted the pain of Goddess flames, so he gifted these people with same.

Following his command, fire erupted from near him to all directions besides one as he only cared for one people present and none else.

But he didn't saw his handy work as sunk into unconsciousness.

1