Chapter 2: Disheartened boy and growing up (1)
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What's the feeling of a child when everyone else has something but he can't have it? Obviously,  jealousy, it's not just limited to childern, even an adult would have same feeling. It's a part of human nature, how to respond to it,for an adult, is different for each person, depending on personality but a child respond with some common way: crying, throwing tantrum, refusing to go to school and similar action.

While feeling down and wishing to get out of here was swimming inside Samuel's mind, priest walk forward and look at him, then the crystal infront of him and says

“strange, this is first time I've seen crystal not to react at all” turning his eye towards Samuel again, he continues while pointing his finger at Simon “you're his twin, right? So you should be also six years old, did you have [Natural Awakening] before coming here?” 

“no, I didn't have such thing” replies Samuel while looking composed, opposite of his inner emotion turmoil. 

“I see” says priest and look towards Carolina and say“ come here and start your ritual”

Girl start moving while fidgeting from nervousness and Samuel's unnatural situation make her have a silver of fear too.

Standing in front of crystal, she literally smack the crystal as if she wants to fight it, which results in little sounding laugher from audience.

While being Embarrassed at her own childish act, crystal starts to glow.  A black fog start to emerge for crystal a surround the little girl, like it's about devour the child. 

Samuel and Simon both seem worried and want to step forward to help but priest wave his hand to stop them. She's their family's advisor grandchild, to most noble she would be a servant and at most an employee but for the two she's friend of same age, a playmate,  like a sister. 

After 30 seconds pass, fog start to vanish, her tied up hair are now flowing in wind, hair that although aren't long, they're not short either.

While some of child and parents are distracted by her beauty, two boy get near her and says simulationly

““are you okay?””

Carolina seems troubled by their actions, even though they're friends it's not proper to show it and make it weakness that other noble can use, Carolina's parents and grandfather always remind her that it's can become a problem for both boys and herself.

“I'm fine, thanks for your concern young masters” Carolina respond to them

Although boys are uncomfortable with how she calls them but they don't says anything as their parents instructions.

Priest sounds gather everyone attention “crystal seems fine and work properly, and the girl here have rather rare darkness magic” he turn to Samuel and continues “go try again ”

Nodding, Samuel get near at touch crystal again but this time it's more of an empty feeling, even pervious fiction of second pleasant feeling doesn't exist.

Samuel shake his head and move away slowly from crystal. Dejection, sorrow, disappointment and shame fill his head and he didn't noticed nor cared about what was going around him while Simon and Carolina look at him worriedly 

Other people start their own ritual, jobs such as fishermen, carpenter and sailor are most of numbers, followed by Knight, soldier, archer and Last place was some mage, two priest and one healer. Nearly all of them had one attribute with some of sailor and fishermen being water and wind, and healer being water and light.

Some murmur could be heard by Simon.

{hey,what is wrong with that boy?}{how should I know?}{could he be cursed and ominous?}{maybe}

hearing them caused Simon to tighten his grip on trident, like he's about to use it. His actions worries Carolina.“stay calm sim, it's not worth it” she whispered to him.

Hearing her word calmed him down a little, but fury in his eyes are obvious for anyone that looks at him, while Samuel is just looking down at his feet and Simon like this. Trio become a strange spectacle for onlookers, 

Suddenly a quiet voice of an old man could be heard from second floor, where parents are “I have lived this territory for nearly a century and haven't seen anything wrong with this land generation of lords, wasn't your prosperity, stable life compared to other places and safety was brought by this very family? so why are you being such ungrateful bastards and saying shit about something you no know nothing of? Also why should it be curse, Can't it be illness, you shitheads?!” as old man continues he seems to get angrier his voice start get louder and it seems to be hard on him as he start coughing several times afterwards.

William goes to help the guy, which is one of senior Knight of Alan Arion time, while Samuel's parents are already at first floor waving had towards trio for them to get outside.

Simon look at his trident and focus 5 second later trident turn to particle of blue and enter his right hand, satisfied, he start pushing Samuel which is still not talking “come on bro, were you this weak willed? Snap out of it, you can still get [Natural Awakening], remember?”

Hearing him cause Samuel to feel hope and look at him, his becoming rather red cause of holding tear back, unknown from sorrow or joy from what his brother said.

Their mother wanted to have some word with Samuel but hearing Simon caused her to change her mind for now.

Getting out of church and going towards carriage, followed by William as he says goodbye to old Knight. 

Getting inside the carriage James look at two and say to them “did you two saw the Knight there that get angry for you? Do you know why he did that?”

The boys silently look back at him as a way to ask him to explain to them. Which he does 

“It's simple, mutual respect. If you treat your subjects well and respect them, they'll respect you as well, from respect I saying isn't same as one towards nobility but still a certain amount of it Even for lowest level subjects of territory. Although saying that doesn't mean that everyone will, some those you treat well can also betray you if they have reason for it, for example earning certain benefit or having a grudge against you” says James and continues

“so, remember this you two, treat people with respect while having pride in doing so. When I says pride I don't mean to look at everything as if they are beneath you, cause if you do, no matter how powerful you become, one day it'll be your downfall or you loved one suffering”

“dear, don't you think this topic is rather unsuitable for children?” says Emma looking at her kids worried about their mental state.

“I understand” a voice which wasn't expected responded responded to James, Samuel, his voice is heavy and unnatural for a second.

James think to himself as he looked at his son {he has good head and with rather reserved personality, he can be tutored to be a good Duke for territory and strength needed for his position can be provided by his brother}

As they go Emma ask Simon and Carolina “ what job did you two get?” Hearing this even deeply in thoughts Samuel, look at those two 

“…a-assassin, madam” Carolina says with a little difficulty.

“really, that's good, and you Simon, what's yours?”

“…actually, I got three”

”huh?”“what?” bewildered voice of all present in carriage rang out.

“…r-really?is t-that normal?” asks Carolina, which gets a response from Emma 

“no, not normal, not normal at all” 

“so it's not normal”

While conversation progress and Simon share name of his 3 job, his stat, 3divine protections and 3 unique magic.

Which results in silence from everyone. Some seconds pass and James hearty laugher fill the carriage and even heard outside “hahaha, this is it, just wait till Harold have chance to visit here, damn guy boast about his daughter talent of [Magic swordwoman], I'll have him get what he deserves, hahaha.”While James laugh continue for now, no one notice unnatural expression of Samuel, which last only a moment.

Reaching mansion, Samuel go to his room, while two children go to practice ground of household to test their skills, while other three go to James study room.

Reaching his room Samuel start crying in silence and feel exhausted like never before and fall asleep without noticing.

Name: Carolina 

Race: human

Age: 6 (Max:60) 

Job(s): Assassin 

Title(s):

Level: 1 

Vitality: 150/150 (Max at current age :1,000/Max: 10,000)

Mana: 6,000/6,000 (current age Max: 12,000/Max: 150,000)

Stamina: 400/400 (current age Max: 6,000/Max: 300,000)

Strength: 600 (current age Max: 15,000/Max: 500,000)

Agility: 2,000 (current age Max: 25,000 / Max: 1,000,000)

Defense: 0 % (Max: 10%)

Magic Defense: 0 % (Max: 10%)

Passive Skills:

Blending into environment: beginner (level 1)

Enhanced five sense :low (level 1)

Active Skills: 

Darkness magic: beginner (level 1) 

Comouflage: beginner (level 1) 

Focused strike: beginner (level 1) 

Acceleration: low (level 1)

Unique Skills and blessings:

Shadow magic: beginner (level 1)

0