Chapter 3: Disheartened boy and growing up
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In study, James stare at book which are kept in shelf behind his desk and start searching for something, what he wants is a certain book left behind by first of Arion family who became a nobility, known for his wisdom, power and compassion. 

After a little while he finds the book, which is [Edward's record on status system theory], sitting behind his desk, he start looking through the book find similar problem with one that Samuel has, but it's futile effort as there's no such thing recorded in the book, he place the book away and pick up another one, [Edward's record on magic theory], even though knowing that nothing that can help him exist in these books, he still continue to search as feeling of frustration grow in his heart.

Earlier when he was talking to two boy, he showed a composed and calm face but in reality since moment Simon awakening happened like that, he's been worried from the inside and Samuel's unnatural situation only made it worse.

There was quite a few similar happening for noble kids in past too, not that they hadn't system like Samuel but they were weak or incapable of using inherited magic of their family, like the one child of blackwood family, Duke of eastern side of empire.

That child wasn't just cut off from family but was also oppressed by other noble too. They didn't allow him to use any dungeons under the control of government force and cornered him to point that he had no choice but to live the country and hide his whereabouts.

Although James wouldn't allow anyone to harm his child, it's didn't mean that he always would be with him, and he wasn't omnipotent either, there are people and monsters much stronger than him, and this just about danger targeting the boy's life, in case of his attendance at capital Academy which he's forced to go, his interactions with child of his own age, he can't help him much, even if his can help more, it doesn't guarantee that his confidence and self esteem wouldn't be hurt in long-run.

While such thought were bothering James William voice reach him “you need a calm down, master, losing yourself like this wouldn't be helpful to either of you”

William word make him stop his useless and pointless search in book and look up at the man. remembering his father word, that {a person who wants to govern other people has to stay calm and control their emotions in any situation}, when he think about his actions for some moment, he noticed that he'd lost his control and was just rash.

Feeling a little better and wanting to express his gratitude, he try to open his mouth, just to pause because of two hand are on his shoulder and someone is standing behind him. 

The two placed on his shoulder doesn't use any force but their strength is obvious and even though they belong to a woman, wife of duke at that, they are rough.

Emma have always been rather simple and straightforward women, she didn't have a talent for politics and the like, but she always had been great support for James and his work. while feeling grateful for his wife concern, he hear her voice.

“you don't need to worry about it alone, we'll do something about it together”

Her word bring a smile to his face, but it doesn't last long as he remembers Samuel's sad and desolate expression.

“…so what should we do? Waiting for [Natural Awakening] is not an option, since it's just a chance and has no guarantee, and giving him false hope or distracting him from problem would only make it worse in future.”

“what you say is true but at same time showing him your desperate face would only make him panic and feel inferior”

William adds “what both of you say is true but don't you think you're forgetting about other one problem?”

Emma is confused by his word, while James show a more troubled expression. 

“What's other one problem?”

“he means Simon situation”

“Huh?his problem? What problem do you mean?”

“his divine protections, my lady.”

“That's a problem? Doesn't those who earn get a better chance for future growth and he can be force to keep territory safe from external threat after us?” she says a little bewildered that, why it's problem 

And what she says technically isn't wrong, according to common knowledge, divine protection is a form of higher blessing, a gift which help person to have more power than normal people, earn skills easier, have unique magic of that God attribute or authority, increase their lifespan to 1,000 year which is maximum possible amount for human race and have a likelihood to become  a [transcendent]. 

“sigh, what you saying is correct, those who have divine protection are truly special, in history they're called hero, chosen one and have been praised for their actions for humanity but Edward, our ancestor, in his diary has called them a little different, tyrant, power hungry, unstable personality and his most favorite was 'monsters'” James says with sorrow filled his heart.

(it's seems that these two won't be able to live a stable and calm life and I'll not be able to do same that my father did for me)

“what kind joke is that? Simon isn't going to be like that, I'm sure of it” she says with extreme confidence in her son, since no one knows a child better than his parents.

(even if it's really true, we'll help him out of it) she thinks to herself.

“if that's all of problem then we could shape his personality in a way he doesn't grow drunk on power but there's two more problems with it” he say as he get up from his seat and move towards book shelf. 

Emma follow him and ask “ and what are they?”

James pick a book and open a certain part and hand it to her “ first is this, the covenant that 10,000 year ago was placed between those who made three Kingdom of human and empire, any person with divine protection has to marry someone with the same, so that human race remain strong.”

“hmm?” when she look at content of page he has shown her, she understands that it's true but doesn't think that it's that troublesome. And express her opinion “can't he take more than one wife, in case he loves someone without that?”

“That's true if noble of viscount and above rank doesn't have a daughter with divine protection and the attempt to arrange engagement between them, since if it's come to that then we can't reject it according to law and he wouldn't be able to easily take concubine or mistress.”

“okay, that's a little troubling but not like there would be only Simon, that will earn divine protection, so there would be other boys too. So what is second thing?”

“…he would be forced to work for the emperor ” he say after a pause.

“Huh? Isn't that obvious, you're working for him too, don't you?”

His wife's question made him smile, but a smile that his family has never seen, something like an evil or mischievous smile.

“there's something I'm about to do, something which I and Arions before me, wanted to do but were incapable of It”

“What is it?”

“I can't tell you right now” says James as he turn and look out from the window, with down cast eye.

“Alright, keep it to yourself then” she says in huff and move towards the door and add “ I'll be in training ground to look at childern and do my sword training ” 

finishing her word she slam the door and leave. She's clearly dissatisfied about fact that he hide something from her, although it has been like this from beginning, James never wanted her to be aware of his work,cause some time works of a Duke, forced him to choose something he didn't like, even by all his good reputation, there were times he had no choice, so his decision was that at least his family should remain unaware of it, till a heir is ready, which is at least 12 year away.

Shaking of this feeling, he turn towards William and says “old man will, tell zeke to inform my father of situation here and ask mother to return from Eden island and teach Simon about things he needs to know”

Zeke is William first son which is about same age as James and he's someone that most of those who live in household doesn't know his face and he's an elite assassin which works for household.

“Understood” saying this William leave the room.

After that James move towards book shelf, and cast a deep and profound gaze at some of books and murmur to himself with his clenched to fist. “I hope that I don't fall it or else it'll be way harder for future generations”

---

In mean time, Samuel was seeing a dream, normally when someone is dreaming, they wouldn't be able to notice that it's a dream but now Samuel is completely aware that he's sleeping in his room.

In his dream he was in island which his grandfather live on and his family went a year ago.

Eden island is very big Island, located near frozen region of South Sea and has population of approximately one million people.

Standing on sandy beach, he looks around himself but find neither people nor houses and not even sounds of animals that live there.

It has a desolate and lonely atmosphere which makes Samuel's blood to run cold, even though nothing and no one is present there, he feel dread. 

He starts running towards his grandfather villa.

Reaching there, he found an empty ground in place of Villa and his dread unnaturaly start to grow.

He wish to get out of this dream, so he try to pinch himself in order to awaken but he notice that his hand are frozen stiff and he can't move them.

He try to move his feet and go somewhere else but feeling of his legs are the same as his hands, frozen stiff.

A strange spectacle play at such timing, Aurora, a phenomena which he saw in the island back then, but this one seems different from one he remembers, he can't tell the difference but his feeling convince him that they're not the same. 

Suddenly there's a devastating explosion sounds and flame come from middle of island.

Island start to fall apart as he can't move, as flame ar just a little away from him, sound of another explosion come, this time from sky, and light which form Aurora start moving like living creatures and reach out to him in shape of a hand and flung him away in direction of sea.

As he flew toward the sea and hit water surface and start to drown, he hear an emotionless voice “ survive ” 

just one word and after that he opened his eyes inside his, lying on floor. It's seems he's fallen from bed.

He's dizzy but before he can completely fend off dizziness, he heard his mother screaming his brother name and he go out to see what's going on.

1