You Can’t Handle the Truth
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bobby had sent her on a wild goose chase for Dean after receiving a strange call from him—a call where he insinuated that he would do something rash. Unbeknownst to them, Dean had been cursed. The people around him were telling him the truth by force. He was going to use it to question Sam. Tracking his phone hadn't exactly been tough considering the preliminary tricks that her mentor-turned-target had engrained in her at the very beginning of their journey together. Tracking a cell phone was one of the easiest tricks in the book!

 

When she eventually found him, he was grabbing Taco Bell. Who ate Taco Bell? Apparently him. She waited at the Impala for her male friend to exit the establishment. Ocean eyes watched with a raised eyebrow. " Yum ." Sarcastic bitch. She loved rattling him, pressing his buttons. "You trying to sit in a disgusting public bathroom for hours or what?" They weren’t quite as close as they used to be. Lisa was still somewhat around, and Allie hadn’t been in the picture the way that she had in the past. Their lives just didn’t intertwine the same way anymore, but once a month or so, they’d need the blonde for a hunt, and she’d tag along. Things had settled a bit, and they formed a new routine in the cracks of their depleted connection.

 

"You think you're so fucking funny," Dean grumbled as he made his way toward her with two bags of Taco Bell in hand, the grease starting to seep through the brown paper bags that the food was casually wrapped in. He was dressed in his usual outfit, a leather jacket layered over a henley with bootcut jeans and logger steel toes. His old wardrobe slipped back on easily, and no longer did he feel like a facade of a 9-5 douchebag.

This would be fun. He knew everyone around him was forced to tell the truth, and he had some questions for her. Thank God he himself didn't have to tell the truth. He just got to reap the benefits. It was a good way to pass the time until he could get to Sam and figure out what the fuck was wrong with him. Emphasis on fuuuuuuck.

 

Allie grinned in response and entered Baby, taking the passenger seat beside him. Bobby had dropped her off, knowing Dean would be forced to take her along. An exceptional plan! Her father was a brilliant man. "Actually, I always do it because I like the sound of your laugh." A look of tense confusion took over pale features in response to her own strange admission. That was... she didn't... "Why did I say that?" That was meant to stay in her head. She had another quip planned. Odd. "I keep a voicemail from three years ago so I can listen to it when you're gone." WOAH. WHAT THE FUCK WAS HAPPENING? 

She froze and suddenly stared out the windshield, eyes wide and as if a normie had witnessed an apparition for the first time while shock ironed into her uncomfortable skin.

 

Dean smirked and glanced over at Allie as she started to ramble on, his eyes wide as he realized what she was doing. The truth. Already! She didn’t even need any verbal foreplay. It was fucking awesome.

"Well, then tell me something else, Al," he said with a wide grin, turning his attention back to the road as he pulled out of the Taco Bell parking lot.

He wasn't going to waste time on getting to Sam right away; he was enjoying this far too much to let it end anytime soon. " Tell me how much you like me. " Dean continued, and he turned his gaze to her again, raising an eyebrow expectantly as he waited for her answer.

 

Like you? Are we six?

 

That's what she planned to say. She could feel the words on her tongue, gripping with humorous vengeance towards a fight that had barely even begun. When she opened her mouth, however — "like you? I love you ." Came out. She stared at him, her doe eyes large and inhibited, then covered her mouth. That could be played off as platonic, right? "Stop." She shot him a look. That was definitely true. She needed him to shut the fuck up to avoid her saying something idiotic.

 

When those words came out of her mouth, he felt his heart stop and his hands tighten on the steering wheel of his beloved Baby. Did she actually just say that? Was that why she was so freaked out? The three spectacular words ground into his focal point and forced his veins to hammer relentlessly beneath scarred flesh. A dull ache, yet also a positive throb.

"Say it again," he muttered as he stared straight ahead at the road before him, unable to look at her. It was bad enough that his mind was reeling, trying to come up with something to say back to her that wasn't lame as fuck and something he wouldn't regret saying later.

 

Allie swallowed, knowing the words would come out. She pressed her lips together, attempting to hold her breath for as long as possible. He had just broken up with Lisa; he was single. Well… okay. That was a loose term. They just weren’t as intertwined. Things seemed ambiguous between the two from her limited understanding.

She wasn't ready. It was a bad time. There were always excuses. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore; she took a sharp breath. "I love you." The words tumbled out in an affectionate blaze of glory, and Allie sighed. "You're an ass." That wasn't a lie. He was. "But I love you with your flaws. All of you." Allie felt her cheeks grow hot. "STOP!" She growled. He was fucking with her, and she knew it.

 

The more that Allie spoke, the more Dean felt like a weight was being lifted off his shoulders. She loved him. She fucking loved him. Sure, she had said it in a way that left the meaning up to interpretation, but the sentiment was still there. He knew it deep down, but hearing it... That was another story. He didn't know what to say.

He could be a dick and pretend that he didn't believe her and ask her more questions, but he didn't want to do that. He wanted to see how far he could push this until they finally admitted their true feelings. He wanted her to suffer as much as he had suffered.

"Alright then," he murmured with a chuckle, "tell me something else."

 

Allie panicked, having no idea what would come out of her stupid fucking mouth. It took a second, but of course, his asking forced thoughts into her head.

"Sometimes at night I sneak out of our motel rooms and masturbate in Baby." Fuck. That was bad. That was really, really bad. Her mouth fell open, her face red hot and looking like a goddamn crimson crayon. There were no words. How would one follow that up?

 

When the confession tumbled out of her sweet and pouted lips, it was obvious that she had been embarrassed by what she said, but it was fucking amazing that he got her to say it at all. He didn't want to let the opportunity slide so easily. "Yeah? What else?" Dean probed on, unable to prevent himself from committing to the task at hand.

"I wanna hear it all, Firefly," he drawled with a wink, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of them.

"C'mon... What's your favourite fantasy when you do it?" He asked her, his smirk growing as he glanced in her direction briefly. Keeping his eyes on the road proved more difficult than he had initially thought. Allie made everything hard, even the good things. Mainly due to the fact that she was a pleasant distraction for him. Over time, that had only grown worse, and of course, absence had made the heart grow fonder. The age-old expression finally made sense to him now. They were around each other sometimes, but not in the same ways that they used to be, and dear God, his weight felt truckloads heavier now.

He shouldn’t have been fucking with her like this; he knew that, but the inclination was just too strong. Allie rarely actually spoke about her sexual escapades. Every time he brought up his own, she just adjusted the subject. He yearned to know those deep, scandalous secrets that she kept.

Nope, nope, nope, nope.

Allie went back to holding her breath. She suddenly tore open the glove box and quickly rummaged through it before finding God's greatest gift.

 

Duct tape.

 

The blonde smacked some across her lips, creating a comedic tearing noise in the process that ripped through the tense air between them. "Fuck you." She tried to speak quickly, but everything was muffled by the tape. Perfect. He couldn't understand a damn word—just like she wanted!

Allie held up the middle finger and held a thousand-mile-long stare straight out the window.

 

It was difficult not to burst into a fit of laughter when she pulled the duct tape from the glovebox and slapped it over her lips, but he somehow managed to hold it in, knowing that the last thing he wanted to do was upset her even more than she already was, lest she open the door and tumble out of Baby in an agitated heap.

"Okay, then," he said with a shrug as he glanced over at her. "I guess I'll have to do the talking for a little while." He began driving with one hand, tempted to place his other on one of her milky white thighs.

 

Allie just grumbled angrily under her breath, pouting on the passenger side of the bench seat. She turned the music up to drown out his stupid voice. Dick. He was such a dick. Ugh, she loved him so much, though. But still a cocksucker. She turned away from him as they drove off to find Sam together. They always talked on the road. This was torture. It was so fucking boring to be around him and not talk to him.

 

He could tell that Allie was upset with him for forcing her to tell the truth. He should've stopped at that, but it was hard to deny himself the opportunity to have her say those three words again. He wanted to hear it again and again and again. He needed it more than he'd ever needed anything else. He just wanted her to admit how much she cared for him, and the only way that he would get that was if he was relentless with his questioning. He wanted to see if she really would tell the truth, and he did it without any hesitation whatsoever.

He knew that it wouldn't be easy for her, but he didn't give a fuck. His own selfish desire for her affection outweighed his impulse control.

 

They sat in silence for a while until Dean finally got out of the fucking car, allowing her some much-needed time to herself. She ripped the duct tape off in anger and pulled down the passenger mirror, specifically installed for her. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She yelled while Dean was off talking with Sam. "Get yourself together, Alls! I mean common. Telling him your late-night trips outside? Are you an idiot?" She started grumbling and swearing under her breath. Fuck she felt stupid.

 

Minutes later the boys were coming out to the car. Allie scrambled into the backseat and replaced the duct tape over her lips. 

At least they would figure out what the fuck was going on with Sam.

 

When they finally got where they were going (to kill the ancient Veritas goddess of truth), they were met with gruesome dead bodies in various forms of severity until she rapidly approached them, knocking out the trio.

 

When they awoke, they were tied around beams, and Allie was no longer wearing the duct tape. "Fuck!" She yelled until the Veritas started getting into their faces, talking about how she ate people's tongues and shit. Disgusting. The plan was to kill them; to hear so much truth, they killed themselves. Not great...

 

The goddess of truth sank down in front of Dean, her gold dress spilling over the luxurious tile flooring. "I can't wait to eat yours." She purred darkly. Her presence beside him would make him spill his truth; he was under her spell. The aim? Pin them all against each other or make them admit to so many truths that they died. Either way, Dinner was served!

 

"I know you're having a hard time. Family, am I right?" She smirked. "Tell me about Allie."

 

The goddess' power over him made his head throb. He had to tell her what she wanted to know. It was impossible not to, especially with her staring into his eyes. Something about it nearly entranced him. His head rolled back, and he struggled against the rope that kept him bound to the beam behind him.

"Allie... Fuck, Allie," he groaned softly, feeling his cheeks flush at the very thought of the girl who meant everything to him. "I can't have her. But God do I want her," he admitted softly, his voice quiet and barely audible between the trio. Sure, he had to speak the words, but that didn’t equate to screaming them at the top of his lungs!

 

Her mouth dropped open. Allie knew he was a crazy horndog, and truly, she also knew he wanted to fuck her. Duh. Most men did. But still, hearing it come from him in such a way was wildly hot . A soft pink tinge of blush darkened her cheeks, and Allie turned away to look at Sam.

 

The goddess grinned. "Now. What do you hate about her?" She knew he'd have to say it, and that filled her with glory. The truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth, as many said, A wondrous thing. Now they were getting deeper, the wedge would be formed between them soon, and she would taste their sweet honesty as an appetizer.

 

Dean couldn't look at Allie. If he did, then he would give away everything that he was feeling right now, and there was no way in Hell that he could allow that to happen. Not now, not ever. It was one thing for her to know how much he wanted her, but to know that he had actually loved her would destroy them. The moment wasn’t right. Lisa was no longer in the picture given their phone call earlier on in the day, and truly, that had hurt him. Plus, he and Allie… They had just started getting back on track.

"Everything," he whispered in response, his eyes focused on the floor as he refused to look at her. "Everything I hate about her, it's all because I love her so much that I'm scared of losing her." She was risky, headstrong, stubborn, and defiant! And yet all of those traits only added to his respect for her, even if they did piss him the fuck off sometimes.

 

The words were perhaps the kindest thing she had ever heard. They were sweet and sensitive—more sensitive than he usually was with her. Allie turned to look at him with softened features. "It's okay, Dean. It's okay." In a rare moment of true vulnerability, she attempted to comfort him. He looked upset, just like she had been earlier. Maybe most people would be happy with the karma, but she just wanted him to be happy, always.

 

A perfect truth. The goddess shined with sadistic happiness and moved on to Allie, knowing the next questions would force some hard conversations. "What do you hate about Dean?" The powerful brunette grinned and placed her hand on Allie's shoulder, she could feel the anger radiating off of the young woman.

 

Allie's face shook. She didn't want to. Not now. Not after he had said something so sweet. Tears brimmed her eyes, knowing she was about to break his heart. "He's a jackass." She cried out, guilt consuming her. "He's emotionally unavailable." It was true. He was. The man had a tough time opening up— but she was the same! It was hypocritical. "He went to fucking Lisa instead of wallowing over me. Fucked her instead of caring about me dying." Wow. Her truth was fucked up. She sobbed and couldn't look at him. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" He was so fucking good to her, and she was a complete bitch.

 

He felt as though his entire world had come crashing down around him. He knew that he hadn't been easy to deal with since he had gotten back from Hell, and even after, he still had trouble letting her in, and now he understood why. It wasn't just because of the memories of Hell that plagued his mind and haunted him in his dreams at night; it was because he had been so afraid of letting himself feel that way about her because of how much he needed it from someone.

He loved Lisa, yes, but he didn't love her enough to forget what he had gone through with Allie before she died, and if he were to be fully honest with himself, Lisa wasn’t enough because although she cared and wanted to help, she didn’t understand him. She’d never be able to. She couldn’t. They led opposite lives. "You think I didn't care about you dying?"

 

Allie leaned her head back against the pole behind her, her chest heaving in tune with her heavy conscious and imperfect resentment. "I think you saw her, and... she was an upgrade." Although Allie normally presented confidence, she had her insecurities, but lately, they had only gotten worse. Mainly due to the rocky relationship she now had with the boys, from Dean initially being with Lisa and Sam being... whatever the fuck he was now. "You probably forgot after a few days." She squeezed her eyes shut. "I hate you for the way you treated me when you found out I was alive, how you told me to stay away from you because you were with her." As if she was some kind of annoying bug. They’d spent six years together!

Allie sobbed harder. She rarely cried and especially didn't absolutely lose it in front of the boys. Well, fewer times than she could count on one hand. 

"You broke my heart."

 

Searing anger welled up within him like a gas fire. How could she even think that he would forget about her after everything that they had been through together? Years, years he had been by this woman’s side. Did she really think so little of him? That he’d forget about his best friend's existence days after her death?

"Yeah? Well, I hated you for a fucking long time because I thought you died, Allie. You fucking lied to me. A year! I thought you and Sam were dead for a year!" He snapped at her, looking straight at her now, "I was so fucking angry and upset about it that I wanted to hurt someone... anyone... but I couldn't because you were gone and I had to do what Sam asked me to!" He was practically screaming at her now, his face red with anger as he fought against the ropes that bound him to the beam behind him, "I tried to move on, tried to pretend that I was fine because I was just so fucking tired of being sad about you!"

He shook his head as he finally started to calm down a little bit, his face slowly returning back to its normal shade as he sighed heavily, "And yeah, I should have said something when I saw you... but I was pissed and I was fucking scared, and I thought I had lost you for good, and I had a family!"

 

The goddess watched their interaction play out with glee, grinning at the sight before cutting their interaction short. They were angry! Prime time to stroke the pot. "Alright, Allie, now tell me what you think of Sam." This would be good. Everyone enjoyed a grand love triangle, and it seemed this woman was important to their dynamic. "Now."

 

Allie sighed softly, turning away from Sam, knowing what she had to say would be significantly messed up considering her prior admittances. 

"Sam's not Sam anymore. I don't even know who he is. He's like RoboCop or something." She bit her lip. "He's not Sam, and I don't love him as if he were Sam. Frankly, it's like he's a monster. He's fucked up. Somethings wrong with him." It was so painful to say. Whatever he was it was like he was trying to be Sam, trying to act like him, but it was just a cheap imitation, and Allie knew deep down that maybe Sam was gone. "I'm so scared that he's never coming back. I miss him so much it fucking hurts. It hurts. I don't have anyone anymore. I lost both of them." She cried. Five years together as a trio, and this is where they ended up?

"They only call me when they need something now."

 

The man stared at Allie blankly as she spoke to the Goddess of Truth. He felt no emotions as he listened to her talk about her concerns regarding the way he had been acting since he was brought back from the cage, though he had a desire to attempt and correct if only for the show of it. “Allie! That’s not true!” He had to try and form an idea of what emotion would be best, what words would quell her.

He didn't remember what it was like to feel love for his family anymore. He knew that he should, but he didn’t know how.

 

Dean took a sharp breath at Allie’s admittance. He felt weak, unable to stand on his own two feet without help from someone else, and he hated that. Feeling a need for others was an emotion he had always pushed away. Anger had been an easier setting than sadness for him for years. Childhood wounds pierced deep below his skin, making it difficult to lean on others.

"I'm sorry," he murmured as he leaned his head back against the pole behind him and closed his eyes. He was tired. He was exhausted. Someone had to apologize for the way Sam was acting.

 

The goddess seemed satisfied and moved back to Dean to ask about Sam. That was emotional! Then, of course, she went to Sam.

Only to have an outburst over Sam lying. That's right. Lying. She noted that he wasn't human. The truth rang in her ears like a sinner’s bell. He was a monster. Something was wrong with him. Allie shuddered at the thought.

 

Ultimately, the boys got free and took her out, but the damage was done. They all knew the truth now, and the truth about Sam outweighed everything else that had happened.

 


 

That night, Allie stood outside of their motel room with Dean, a lit joint hung out of her mouth. An old coping mechanism. Normally, she didn't really smoke pot anymore; it was something she had done often in her early twenties. "So... you wanna talk about Sam being the Terminator?"

 

"Do you really think he's a monster?" he asked as he stared straight ahead, purposely avoiding her gaze due to the reaction that could be received from his next words. "Because I do," he murmured softly, his voice wavering a little bit as he struggled to find the strength to admit it. The trust that had once bonded the brothers faded. Every day, the guy walking around resembled Sam less and less.

 

Allie nodded. "Yeah. I do." She hated saying it, but it wasn't fucking Sam, whatever he was. "What if..." she trailed off. "What if Sam didn't come up?" She didn't know how to tell Dean that, deep down, she wondered if he was actually Lucifer. Who knew? Allie scratched her head and took a long drag of the joint before offering it to him. "I'm sorry about what I said." The truth was a tough pill to swallow. "I just... uh..." she chewed on her lip in thought, wondering how to word what she wanted to say. "I miss you," Allie admitted. "And I hope this phase that we're in ends soon."

 

"Me too," he murmured with a heavy sigh as he took the joint from her and inhaled deeply, feeling the smoke fill his lungs as he breathed in as much as he could, hoping that it would make him feel better. It didn't.

He didn't know what to say or how to fix their friendship, but he was going to try because he wanted things to be different for them. Her sentiment was a shared pain.

"I miss you too," 

"I don't like it when we're not okay, Allie..." Dean finally adjusted his body to face her. She looked tired. Still beautiful, though.

 

She inched closer cautiously and glanced around the motel parking lot before gripping his shirt and pulling him in for a hug. When was the last time they had shared a heartfelt embrace? It felt like so long ago. 

She tucked herself under his arms and closed her eyes, just enjoying the feeling of him being around her after all their time spent apart. "I'm tired." Not physically. She was emotionally exhausted. "Just keeps gettin' better, huh?" It was just one shitfest after the next. "You'd think God would be a little nicer to us, considering we stopped the fucking apocalypse."

 

When he felt her arms wrap around him, it was as if everything in the world had been righted again. He couldn't explain it, but there was something about having her in his arms that made him feel like everything would be okay as long as she was there.

"Well, you know what they say," he chuckled softly as he tightened his arms around her and rested his cheek against her hair; the locks were soft and familiar.  "God has a weird sense of humour."

She laughed darkly. "He should change professions. He's not doing well at situational comedy." She snorted as the high began to hit her. Fuck, it felt good. Finally, something that actually made her feel great. Her stress faded away, and Allie began to giggle. "How's the Taco Bell treating you?" She giggled more and stared up at him. "You need some Pepto Bismol?" The fact they could talk about such things was hilarious in itself. "Or a Tums? Since you're getting so old." He was only 31. It was still fun to joke about, though. At least she was still in her twenties.

 

"Fuck you," he grumbled playfully as he pushed her away from him and took another drag from the joint before handing it back to her. "I'm still in my prime."

It felt good to joke around with her again, to laugh, and to have fun with her, even if it was just for a few moments. He had missed this, and even though things were far from normal, they could at least pretend that they were.

"Hey, did you hear that Bobby was talking about selling the house?" he asked suddenly as he leaned back against the exterior of the motel and ran his fingers through his hair. "Maybe we could move in there and give it a real homey feel."

 

Allie grinned mischievously and circled him, a teasing smile playing across her features. "Why? Do you wanna play mommy and daddy?" She joked and pushed him lightly back. "You're so into me. You said it. Do you think about me in the shower?" She couldn't help but push his buttons, especially while she was high. She made obnoxious kissing noises before roaring out in laughter. "Dad's not selling. He was pissed off because he got in a fight with Rufus. Said he was going to pack up and start a new life in Italy or some shit." She shrugged. "Anyway, they're over it now."

 

When she started asking him if he wanted to play mommy and daddy, he tried to act as though she was being ridiculous, but that was the exact thing that he wanted: to be able to settle down with her and actually make a life with her because it wasn't going to happen with anyone else. He knew that now. He’d die hunting if he couldn’t be with her. Dean pulled over a nearby chair and sat with a grin.

"Only when I'm thinking about you and all the dirty things I want to do to you," he retorted playfully as he reached out and pulled her down into his lap, holding her in his arms tightly as he stared up at her. He knew that he shouldn't say these things and that they were going to end up fighting about it eventually, but he just couldn't help himself anymore.

 

Allie giggled once again, feeling giddy from the weed. "Oh yeah? Naughty. " She suddenly shot up. "What if I do this?" She danced a silly little jig in the middle of the parking lot. The running man, the macarena, the YMCA. "What about this? Are you into this?" She continued dancing stupidly, eyes bloodshot from how high she was. Laughing loudly while putting on the theatric show for him. "Watch this! This is super hot." She started to do the robot, tapping her arm back and forth as it hung from her elbow.

 

"You are so fucking stupid," he laughed as he watched her do her stupid little dance moves for him, and he knew that no matter what happened between them or how fucked up things got, there would never be another woman for him like Allie was. She was special, and he needed her more than anything else in his life right now. Sunshine. The pet name he held for her only grew more accurate as time went on for them.

"Come here," he groaned, leaning back in his chair and watching her closely as she kept dancing for him. It was nice to see her like this. He hadn't seen her act like this for a very long time now. "Come on,"

 

Allie raised an eyebrow but obliged his request. "Why?" She approached cautiously. "If you're feeling really horny from the moves, I'm sorry, but you'll have to call your right-hand man for that." She chuckled at her own wit. "Get it? Right hand?" She snorted before standing right in front of him. "I'm so fucking high right now," Allie confessed and broke out in giggles once again. "You ready for bed?" She knew they'd be up at the ass crack of dawn to figure out what was happening with Sam.

 

"Shut up and sit down," he groaned as he tugged on her wrist and pulled her into his lap before wrapping his arms around her and leaning his head against her shoulder. He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. This felt so good to him, so right, and he knew that if he were to lose this again, then there was no way that he would be able to get through it this time. "I want to tell you something," he said softly as he looked up at her with tired eyes. "No matter what happens, I want you to know that you will always be my girl, my priority ." He softened and rubbed his hands over her arms. "I'm sorry, Alls. I'm sorry for how I treated you when I found out you were back."

 

Allie let her playfulness slowly sink away as he spoke to her. He was so serious, it made her heart ache. The splinters that had shattered into her ribcage from her broken heart were slowly being pulled out and repaired. "It's okay." She used the back of her hand to stroke his cheek. "We're okay now, I promise." She smiled and pulled back, not wanting to get too lost in her feelings. It wasn't the right time. Too much was going on with Sam. Maybe... maybe if they lived different lives. "We can get through anything together, you know that." She cooed sincerely. "So don't worry about it, alright?"

 

"I just..." Dean started, though he found it difficult to continue. He had to do it. All of the little feelings that had gathered deep inside of him were forcing him to practically bust at the seams of his soul and of his heart. Some of it needed to be released -  if only a drop in the bucket.

"I just want you to know that I don't care if you have nightmares and scream bloody murder in the middle of the night... I don't care if you snore, steal the blankets, or hog the bathroom." He paused and looked up at her with a soft smile as he gently ran his fingers through her hair, an action that was meant to comfort the both of them. "You're meant to be with us, Al."

 

Allie smiled a wide and beautiful smile. She hadn't done quite so in a long time—maybe years. "I know." Her hands moved against his chest, her arms folding in so she could snuggle into his build. It had been so long since they shared a bed and shared a restful night together. She missed those days. They were soothing. Her eyes fluttered close as she allowed herself to relish in the moment with him. It had been a long and hard day, and truthfully, she was exhausted. "Can you sing something to me?" She wanted to be soothed and comforted. Normally, Allie didn't really ask for anything. She was a simple woman when it came to her own needs; really, she just didn't think of them much, always too busy saving people or hunting or trying to solve their newest crisis.

 

His eyes fell down to gaze at her. Soothing Allie would be his greatest achievement. The idea of her needing him just as much as he needed her? Fulfilling. He’d do anything to give her peace of mind, and hopefully, such an undertaking would be a testament to their friendship and put them back on track.

"Anything for you," he murmured quietly before clearing his throat and starting to sing a Led Zeppelin song.

 

" It is the springtime of my loving

The second season I am to know

You are the sunlight in my growing

So little warmth I've felt before

It isn't hard to feel me glowing"

I watched the fire that grew so low, oh ."

 

He sang softly, his voice low and soothing, as he held her close to him.

He knew that she needed this right now; they both did after everything that had happened between them over the last few months, but more than anything else, it was nice just being able to hold her again without feeling like something was standing in their way anymore.

0