Chapter 3: Danger?
19 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: danger?

-------

I was soon woken up by the rough ride, it made me uncomfortable, and my butt and sides are hurting. Can they try to make the ride a bit smoother next time, I just sighed and accepted my fate. I glanced at the two, they also seemed to be fast asleep. but man Barry snorted pretty loud. I am amazed at Mary, to think that she can handle all that noise. I sighed and got bored of sitting around.

 Are we not there yet? I take a glance outside and hear the voices of children outside, I take a look, curiously, and I see four children playing and running at the side of the farm, they are enjoying and laughing, creating a positive atmosphere around the place. Can't really relate to them... I don't even remember my childhood, do people remember their childhood memories? Do we need them?

Well, for me being a child is the most important part of choosing and developing your initial character, they are the creation of two parents. Parents who will love them, and embrace their very being. Also being a child seemed more fun, as they had the freedom to play and do what they liked in their vast imagination, they are the embodiment of innocence, not knowing but always learning. But that is not always the case, a problem always occurs from the bad personality of many other parents or a harsh environment and society.

Time passed by, these time I heard the voices of residents, they seemed intrigued by the sudden occurrence of us entering their beloved Town, gazing as much as possible. So I pretend to be asleep because I don't want to be interacting with them, I don't even know what they are saying so I just close my eyes and focus on progressing the development of My magic research! 

"Yeah", I silently cheered to myself.
My heart pumps when I think of making magic possible, I mean who wouldn't be intrigued by that? 

first, I can conclude that my near my stomach is possibly the place where magic's fuel comes from. Second, I seemed to acquire a new ability to Sense something, sixth sense? It able me to feel everything around me, ranging from the grass outside, in the air, generally anything. 

"Mmm" I am imagining and thinking about what I could do with the current knowledge I have, well I can't ask Mary, because I don't know the language that she speaks. Perhaps she can teach me. I got an idea! How about I let out that fuel flow outside of my body, like how Mary does it? 

From my perspective, I saw that she hummed for a while, and then a bright white fluid formed around her body, she also made it go inside of me, which felt warm and refreshed my mind. Yeah, it probably be fine right?

I tried to focus hard on my fingertips, let's start small first and build up from there. I need to know more about how magic works.
I put all my attention, focus, and energy into that one specific spot... I am struggling to control my fuel to move it outside. But I can still move it around my bubble, my source of fuel if you will. Definitely picking up some pace too. 

10 seconds come by, my head starts to split apart like someone just bonk in the head. I focus hard on one singular point, and the fuel in my stomach starts to move slowly, yes! I can feel it. it passes through my heart then to my arm, huh. It can travel that far when I became familiar with it. I can feel the path of which my fuel of magic goes through, a fucking small straw. I was only able to send a little fuel considering the current size and width of the straw.

 I can feel the fuel reaching the end of my fingertips, suddenly my finger starts to form a blue light. I got excited and lost control of the fuel or magic and immediately tried to focus again. 

So, what I need to activate it again is to focus hard. My excitement goes through the roof, thinking of many experiments that I could try, for example, what if I let out one of the elements like fire for instance, and let it go out? Yeah, let's try that, first is to try and feel the fire, check. Move it first around my bubble, also check. Then guide the fire out of my bubble to one single point of my body like my palm. 

I tried out the plan, lifting my hand and opening my palm as I closed my eyes to focus. I can feel the heat of the fire, moving out of my bubble. I tried guiding it to my hands but every time it traveled, the more fuel it used, like a lot of fuel got burned pretty quickly, but then...

There's a flint-sized fire formed in the palms of my hand, I can feel the heat, it blazes through its surroundings. Then I realized, what if I imagined the flint to grow in size and then release it to fly, would it fly? My curiosity Right now is peaked, and I want to make a big ball of fire, or fireball,l and shoot it out on the horizon. 

"Heheheh" I got a bit too excited, let's try creating a plan first.

So, imagine it to be big, and gather it in one single shape. The shape needs to be round and the fire needs to be compressed so that the fire has enough heat or magic fuel to travel a great distance. I recreated just what I planned and:

'Fwish'

 it works! The shape formed pretty well the only problem is the size itself, I imagine it to be 3 times bigger than the flint but it only creates 2 times the size of the first flint. I guess the root of my problem is the lack of size to transport the much-needed fuel, literally the same size as a straw. Also, the capacity is pretty quick to diminish when I try moving it around, I need much more of that fuel. But where can I get such a high amount of fuel, I don't even know its capabilities.

I tried to shoot a ball of fire, hehe. wait, I don't know how to shoot it. Do I just imagine firing it in the distance? I could try, maybe a substitute like a gun... I tried to imagine a gun, just simplify and not make it too complex. I tried to pull the trigger in my mind, hoping to get a result. After just a second of doing that, I felt my fuel, quickly traveling across my body, forcing it all into my hands. 

Fuck, it's draining me, and my hands feel warm. The fireball, compressed much more, and then it fired at great speed, my hand recoiled to the force of that fireball that I just shot, which surprised me. It travels 3 meters before landing on the ground, which makes the road catch on fire. But looking at the spread of fire on the road, it may not be that bad because it is a dirt road. So nothing could start a fire hazard.

"Fuck" I quietly cursed, as I feel great pain.

My head splitting apart, it hurts, like someone just knocked the middle of my head out with a stick. My hands went numb, and I felt overly tired. I checked on the two, to see if they would react, seems like that was not enough noise to wake them up. Maybe some couple escort soldier has heard it, well they did not seem to be suspicious of it, so it's all good. But man that was tiring, I wanted to sleep again: I tried to sleep hoping to forget the pain that I was going through.

------

I was suddenly woken up by Barry, signaling me to get out, I guess we're here. As soon as I stepped out of the carriage we were greeted by what seemed like a red carpet. The butlers and maids are on the side, slightly bowing and putting their right hand in their heart.

 Damn, Jack beaming wealth blinding me, and the mansion in the background is impressive as well, and the design... Well, I don't know, feels unique, never seen this type of design. It Is like telling a tale?

Mary is the last member to get out and oh boy, she really has a beautiful face, I don't know how to describe it but she has a wide black eye, with thick eyebrows and eyelashes, also she has a small but little sharp nose. Natural red lips and jaws looked well-defined... Man, what is up with me?

Jack holds his both hands up and welcomes us to his mansion of a home. A couple of butlers escorted us and the maids picked up our baggage. 

We entered a fancy garden and saw a statue of a man, welding his sword. The statue was made of, what seems like all shiny and polished stones, or marble perhaps?

We all entered inside a big, dark brown wooden door, and swung the insides of the mansion we all saw more amazing things than the unique designs of the walls, statues, and the garden outside.

The chandelier is made with a crystallized material, which looks like a diamond, it shines through the whole place with its beautiful light. 

"Woah" I silently gasped.

Jack saw me impressed and wanted me to give another show. So he put his hand up, pointing it to the chandeliers. It seemed like he was putting the blue fuel in his hand, and with a compress of his fuel, he also added a little sprinkle of fire attributes. Then he fires it high above us. 

He did not hit the Chandeliers, but it shined with an orange glow, changing the theme with a quick shot to the ceiling. My jaw keeps dropping, thanks to his trick, my mind has been frying every time as to how that works.
A soldier's footsteps loudly covered the outside of the entrance, and one of the soldiers came in, wearing light armor. The soldier bowed down to Jack, I could see his worried look, like some danger was coming up on us. Jack tells his man to loosen up and gives his report, after saying a couple of words, Jack's face grows dim and changes his tone into a serious one.

"Oh, don't tell me..."

I turned to both Mary and Barry, as they also changed their mood, Mary's worried face could be seen, and Barry... He looks angry, clinching his hands, and bowing his head, looking like he is thinking of his past life.
 what is happening? My body tense up from the unknown danger that is being created. I only just got here. As I was thinking about what to do, Jack ordered something from his butler. After Jack ordered his butler what to do, his butlers sprung into action and guided us into our room. But, Mary did not follow, she was shaking... Scared, and worried. Scared? About what?

Barry also did not follow, his angry look and dimmed face could be seen, as he started to talk, a voice sounded angry, a voice that could be heard inside the entire mansion, a voice that suggested something, that is what it sounded to me.

After his speech and declaration, Mary uncovers herself from the hood as her short and black messy hair is released, she too also talks with a determined and willing voice, demanding something.

"..." Jack sighed, he didn't know what to do.

it seemed like Jack was trying to get a reason to reject their offer, so he looked at me, right dead into my eyes, soon Mary and Barry also followed and looked at me, their eyes hoping for me to say yes. right now Jack is refusing. 

Ah, shit, I don't want to be the decision-maker here, I don't want to mess things up.

 Do I follow Mary and Barry or Jack? Well, I do spend more time with those two and they seemed like nice people. But still, I don't know them personally.
Fuck it!

"..." I nodded my head, signaling that I agree.
Jack's face reveals his defeat face, Mary and Barry just looked at me silently and smiled.

Uhh, I Hope that I make the right decision.

--------

1