Chapter 18: Beautifully Ugly
370 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18: Beautifully Ugly

[Don't worry, I've saved the technique into my memory. You can perform it anytime.]

Xiao Lei found the system as the candle at the end of a dark tunnel. It came at the right time for the rescue.

'Oh? Does that mean I don't even need to think about it? My body will move on its own? That’s fucking awesome.' Lei seemed excited, but the system was there to break his misguided mindset.

[Of course not, you dimwit. I'm going to transfer the information into your mind, and then you can perform it.]

Lei was flabbergasted when he heard the system talk this way. 'Has the way you talk changed...?'

[Not really. It's just you thinking rubbish.]

"..."

'Alright fine. Transfer the details to my memory.'

[I can do that, but there is something that I want to suggest...]

'And that is?'

[The technique-]

While Lei and the system had a conversation, time was passing in the real world.

Xi and Yue stood not too far, staring at Lei who kept turning his head here and there while staring at blank spaces.

He would get ready with the first stance and break it immediately.

'Ugh, what is that idiot doing?' Yue thought to herself before turning her gaze towards Xi, who had squinted her eyes while she giggled.

'"Hehe...", it escaped her mouth. Despite the protection of the veil, Yue's sensitive ears, which had become extra sensitive at the moment, caught this.

'Miss, did you just laugh?' She asked herself as she gulped a large chunk of saliva.

'My ice-cold miss is changing? That's new...' Yue tapped on her chin before communicating with Xi using sound transmission, "Don't you think it's too much for him, Miss Xi?"

'Imitating techniques is quite difficult by just seeing them once, needless to say when it's demonstrated by the opposite gender. Furthermore, it's an incomplete technique with no harmony between the natural energies... Only geniuses that come once in hundreds of years can do it, and I don't think he is one.' Yue was spitting facts, but hearing her words, Xi chuckled once again.

"Potato," she said.

"Eh!?" Yue was surprised by this comparison. She couldn't help but stare at Xi once again, only to notice Xi giving a hearty smile.

'Don't tell me she is moved by his foolish act?' Yue rubbed her eyes again and again, hoping for her suspicion to be false.

About five minutes had passed by. Yue was already irritated with how Lei stood with open eyes, doing absolutely nothing!

Impatient, she called out, "At least close your eyes to focus! Recall at least one move, you monkey."

Yue was trying to help, but Lei was in a zone of his own. Right now, a lot of information was being transferred... something that Xi and Yue, neither of them expected.

Shouting out loud, "Shut up, flat chest," Lei began his moves.

"You! You mon-" Yue wanted to shout out, but what she saw was completely unbelievable.

Just like Xi, Lei held the sword gently in his right hand. He took one step to the right and then twirled around like a top. He lowered the arm and positioned the sword directly at his waist level as he spun. His other arm was outstretched in the opposite direction of the pointed sword, that made up for the long hair of Xi during her movement - albeit unnecessary, but was important for flexing!

Like a swift calligraphy stroke, Lei pulled the sword back forming a sea-wave, only to approach Xi and point it at her.

The tip of the sword was just an inch away from her. He did it so fast that Yue didn't get the time to react. As for Xi, even though she could react, she remained like a statue, immobilized. Her eyes had widened at astonishment.

It was her turn to savor the moment. For how handsome Lei was, in the bright moonlight that was occasionally being covered by the clouds, Lei too appeared like an angel as his face glistened.

As he formed the 'O' shape, the light seemingly materialized for a moment.

He then jumped once or twice and then took himself to the air - this was another surprising thing!

'Wind steps are something one can use only when they are at Sky rank. This monkey is definitely at Mortal Rank, then just how...?' Yue couldn't get a grip around what was happening anymore.

While constant questions flooded her mind, she too was mesmerized by the scene. Her jaws fell and her eyes almost popped out as Lei almost turned the technique into a dance.

[Yes, one more stance, and that's it. That's the imperfect version she did.]

The system notified him, and accordingly, exactly after a minute Lei paused.

He seemingly hung in the air as he slowly descended. The final stance was also similar to that of Xi's. The sword was thrust forward with the extended right arm while the left hand hung upwards with all fingers combined, forming a knife pattern that faced towards Xi.

Lei, after descending, walked forward. With a Chad-like smile on his face, he asked, "So? How was it?"

Lei stood right in front of Xi, staring directly into her eyes. This was the first time in her life that Xi felt inferior, or rather, a strange emotion surged in her. She couldn't maintain eye contact.

Her eyeballs played her. They moved left and right. She averted her gaze, lowering then instantly. But where did they land? On Lei's groin region!

Recalling the previous fresh memories, her face became redder. She shifted her gaze to the right, now staring right at the ground.

"Hmm? Is something wrong, Miss Xi?" Lei asked as he bent to the side, trying to look into her eyes again.

But just then, a word was heard.

"B-beautiful."

Lei had asked the question to Xi but didn't expect to hear it from Yue.

He turned towards her and with a smirk, he asked, "Oi flat chest, did I just hear that right?"

Yue, back to her senses and wiping away the flustered expression, said with a preventive annoying expression, "It was beautifully ugly!"

"Huh?"

"Eh?"

All three of them were confused at what she said, letting the silence speak for itself.

A/N: Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/mbkFt5ct
Just a simple comment like ‘TFTC’/’Thanks’ will also help. It keeps me motivated! Do comment!

2