Chapter 15: Simply looks or a simple blackmail?
215 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 15: Simply looks or a simple blackmail?

Xiao Lei arrived at his house after passing through many gates. Every guard let him and the girls pass just because of Elder Ming’s credibility. The girls specifically were super surprised by this.

But none spoke until they arrived at his home.

“This is your house?”, Yue asked out of curiosity.

“No. It’s my friend’s house, and I’m going to stay in it.”

“Eh? Really? Shouldn’t you ask permission first?”

Xiao Lei couldn’t believe what he heard. He rubbed his eyes and then said, “Duh, obviously it’s mine!”, Xiao Lei teased Yue once again, who had puffed cheeks right after. She stared at him in annoyance.

“You know, you’re not funny! You’re just annoying!”

“Annoying? You just can’t take a joke,” Lei scoffed.

“I can. Yours is just lame.”

“Haha, you-”

Hearing this loud chatter, Xiao Lei’s father, Chen Feng walked out. He recognized his son’s voice but not others.

As he stepped out, he noticed Xiao Lei and two other girls who stood close to him. One’s face was covered in a veil while the other had her hands on her waist and was scolding Xiao Lei.

“Son? Who are they?”, that was the first thing Chen asked.

“Haha, father, be proud, your son has-”

“No way. Your wives?”

“Huh, what?”, Xiao Lei rechecked his ears to verify if what he heard was right.

“Wifeee! Our son has brought back two wives!”

“WHAT!? That idiot did!?”, with a loud roar like a lioness, Bai Rong came storming with a Wooden Bread roller.

She wanted to beat the shit out of her husband, Chen, and then Xiao Lei, thinking that both of them were joking. But when she arrived on the doorstep, she paused. She noticed Xiao Lei and two other beauties beside him.

“This…”, she instantly bent towards her husband as she asked, “This is not an illusion right? There are two girls standing in front of me, correct?”

Chen nodded his head as he added, “You are absolutely right, wifeee.”

“Ahem. Beloved son~”, all of a sudden her voice changed. From that of a lioness, it became comparable to a cute deer as she addressed him.

‘What the!? What happened to mother?’, Xiao Lei had another shocking experience. He had never heard his mother speak so gently. This was a first!

“Y-yes mother?”

“Quickly go inside. You must be tired. Take a bath and join us at the dining table.”

Hearing that, Xiao Lei momentarily stared at Xi and Yue. He then added, “But mother, these two-”

Interrupting him, Rong with a gentle blush said, “Son, you might have barely married. It is immoral to do it so quickly. Go and bathe alone. They will bathe later.”

“Aya mother! I wasn’t talking about that!”, Rong misunderstood that Lei wanted Xi and Yue to accompany him in the bath. Of course, that’s why she said that, trying to tease him at the same time.

“Fine fine, don’t make excuses. Go and bathe. Till then, I and your father will have some serious talk with them.”

“But mothe-”

“Lei~”, this time she did say softly, but her eyes turned ferocious. It was as if they were glowing in red.

Lei lost his voice when he heard that. He turned back and whispered to Yue, ‘Don’t say anything useless to my parents.’

After that, he walked away to bathe while still hoping that the situation doesn’t get escalated.

After Lei’s disappearance from the scene, Bai Rong said, “You two, come inside. Consider it your home.”

“Y-yes.”, Yue said as she walked inside the house after removing her sandals. Xi bowed her head once and went inside as well finally, after which Chen walked in, closing the door shut.

...

2 minutes later…

“Tell the truth, what secret are you hiding?”, Bai Rong asked with a stern expression on her face.

Li Xi and Yue were surprised by this. They got a little tense and were alert on the matter.

‘Why this question? Do they know that we are from Azure Dragon Sword Sect?’, Yue gulped large chunks of saliva as she heard the question.

Xi, on the other hand, remained calm. Though, she couldn’t hide the tension. Her eyes widened a bit.

“I- I don’t understand-”, Yue tried to drift from the topic but first by feigning innocence, but Bai Rong’s voice only got deeper.

“Don’t even try to deny. We know.”

Hearing this, Xi slowly moved her hand towards the sword. Her gaze got a little sharp. Although she didn’t release any killing intent, she was prepared to fight.

Yue noticed that Xi was holding her sword tightly.

‘No… Xin’s poor parents will die. I must do something… I-’

The contrast… Xi, who remained calm the entire journey and the one who didn’t speak ill about Xiao Lei, was ready to kill his parents to hide her secret. She was confident in killing Lei as well since he was weak and using the tag, she could escape easily. She had already devised the plan in her head.

Yue, on the other hand, kept mocking and making fun of Lei all the time. However, even now, she was thinking about his parents… she didn’t want him to be sad.

She moved her right hand and placed it on Xi’s left hand which gripped the sword as if stopping her. Then with a confident look, she said, “Yes, actually, the truth is-”

Bai Rong interrupted right as she said that with a smile on her face, “I knew it! That idiotic son of ours has something against you right?”

“Eh? Pardon?”, Yue was surprised by this. Xi’s eyes widened once again.

“Poor girls, being blackmailed by him… it must be difficult,” Bai Rong seemingly wiped her tears with her cloth.

“Let him come. I will teach him a lesson. You ladies don’t have to follow him anymore.”

Complete silence was maintained in the room with only one word uttered by Yue, “Yes.”

She sighed inwardly as Xi loosened her grip on the sword. It was a completely different matter… both of them were now at ease.

“Hehe, looks like I win,” Bai Rong flashed the palm of her left hand.

Yue and Xi almost turned like cartoonish chibi characters as they looked at what was happening.

Chen Feng, somewhat irritated, handed out a small pouch filled with gold coins.

“Tsk. And here I thought they fell for his handsomeness,” as he mentioned this, Xi and Yue blushed for a second. But none of them noticed as he continued, “Can’t even do such a simple task. He gets even more useless as the days pass. I can’t believe he was just blackmailing them. I need to teach him a good lesson!”

A/N: Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/mbkFt5ct

Just a simple comment like ‘TFTC’/‘Thank you for the chapter’/’Thanks’ will also help. It keeps me motivated! Do comment!

4