Chapter 17 title: Bloodline Bargain
74 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Sasuke and Kin returned home from the Grangers', Sasuke couldn't shake off the feeling triggered by the system notification. Sasuke found the bloodline reward for spending a week with Granger suspicious, particularly due to the unusually simple conditions and the potential implications of the reward. The first mission seemed like an easy task—just a letter to be found—but it turned out to be impossible without cheating, leading to failure. The second mission was daunting, requiring years to complete, and the time investment was excessive. Now, this third mission felt deceptively simple: spend five days with Granger and gain a bloodline, a pivotal opportunity that could alter Sasuke's abilities and destiny. It felt like a mockery. Yet, the system remained adamant.
Throughout the week, Sasuke accompanied Hermione on her daily routines, finding her annoying at times. He questioned Hermione's usefulness in helping him achieve his revenge goals. The memory of her pointing her wand. ''Let's slaughter this village." Well, it was a tempting scene, but he knows it's impossible. 

Despite his reservations, they began eating together, listening to Granger recount her time at the school (involving endless lectures and How stupid are classmates are). Reluctantly, Sasuke put up with her presence. As their time together progressed, Granger's constant interruptions and questions during Kin's training sessions became a significant hindrance for Sasuke, disrupting his focus and impeding Kin's progress.

But driven by the allure of the system's reward and the potential benefits it promised, he felt compelled to persevere despite the mounting difficulties. Hermione, curiously reading a book about calculations, this wasn't some high school or middle school book – it was from the ninja world. The mathematics within were so advanced that they'd leave anyone speechless. For instance, consider the problem of throwing a shuriken to hit a target while minimizing energy expenditure and ensuring maximum accuracy. Of course, he wouldn't attempt to recall the specifics from the book; he never understood who read such material, even back in his world.

His motive for gifting her the book was clear: it was to occupy her time so she wouldn't disturb him. Moreover, with the book containing no information about ninjas, he felt secure that there would be no risk of any leaks for the time being.

As the hours unfolded, at last, the voice emerged:

[System notification: Mission completed.]

[Congratulations on acquiring a new bloodline.]

He observed Hermione, engrossed in her advanced mathematics book. He pondered whether to ask her to leave so he could check on the reward. Shaking his head, he decided against it, considering that a future mission might necessitate preserving his relationship with Hermione Granger.

As nighttime approached, Mrs. Granger entered the house and picked up her daughter.

Looking at Hermione, who was hesitant to part with the book, he said, "Just give it back when you finish." Hearing this, Hermione gladly accepted the book and left with her mother.

Sasuke closed the door and began to look at the system reward, checking for details about this bloodline.

He looked at the reward, a mysterious bloodline, and asked for details.

"It's Indra Ōtsutsuki's modified bloodline," was the reply.

"What does 'modified' mean?" Sasuke inquired.

"The Uchiha bloodline's effect on emotions will be altered after the fusion. It will no longer amplify dark emotions. On top of that, your chakra amount will increase tenfold in the next two years."

"And don't forget, this is an exact copy of Indra Ōtsutsuki's bloodline, which is a perfect copy."

"The more you speak, the more suspicious it becomes. I like the reward, there's no doubt, but the reward is too great for the effort."

"I am doing this for your own good."

"Just tell me what you are hiding."

"I made some modified so that some of your emotions wouldn't be suppressed anymore, for example, your attraction to women which you're trying to suppress."

"You know, I am thinking of not taking this reward, even if it's great. I believe if I'm attracted to women and fall in love with some girl, there is a one percent chance she will stop me from taking revenge or hinder me in another way by not having this bloodline."

"I think you are thinking too much. After modifying, your emotions will no longer be amplified or suppressed; they will be just normal."

"But I feel like my character will change, which will be bad. I don't want to change."

"No, no, you are wrong. Nothing is going to change. Let me give you an example. How do you feel since you came to this world? Do you think you should not take revenge or anything?"

"Of course not."

"Do you think you should not beat up Naruto?"

"No, I think I should beat him up."

"You see, in the previous world, Indra's chakra effect was making you not like Naruto, and in this world, there is no such thing, but you still don't like him, right?"

"This new bloodline will influence your emotions without altering your core beliefs. Just think about the amount of chakra you will have. Even two Nine-Tails wouldn't have the same amount of chakra as you."

"There will be no situation where you run out of chakra during your fights."

"Finally, the system proposed an additional service to fix his curse mark and transform it into a skill if he agreed to accept it."

(This wasn't the system being generous, but it was because Sasuke's emotions were unstable. While his desire for revenge had mostly suppressed most of his emotions, the system wasn't planning to make Sasuke become some good person or a normal person; it's just hoped he could feel normal emotions so he could have a better chance of collecting more women.)

After hearing the system's explanation, Sasuke pondered if his suspicion was justified, considering it a necessary caution. However, after careful consideration, he made the choice to embrace the Indra bloodline.

Sasuke confirmed integrating Indra's bloodline, and a system notification popped up.

{ Bloodline integration: 1% complete }

Observing the notification, Sasuke inquired about the time required to reach 100% completion, seeking clarity on the duration of the integration process and its implications for his abilities and transformation.

"It will take three years to complete this process since I have to make this bloodline yours, not just some bloodline transplant, which can be done in a few minutes. But if you want, I could do that, but I wouldn't take any blame if there are any mistakes."

Drawing on his memories of Orochimaru's bloodline transplant experiments and the consequences they entailed, Sasuke made a deliberate choice to postpone the integration process, reflecting on the potential risks and benefits of the transformation. Going to the kitchen, he and Kin started to cook their dinner.

5