Chapter 47: Dual Cultivation Harvest
183 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night. Outside the Tower.

“Hahaha!” With hands over each other's shoulders, Jia Shizi ushered him out with a contented grin. “ Brother Mo really knows how to make a joke! Meeting Brother Mo really brought a lot of joy to Shi Zi’s life! I hope Brother Mo was satisfied today!”

Bubai mirrored the happiness, sporting a smile of his own as he replied, “Absolutely! Thank you for Brother Jia’s hospitality. Meeting a brother like you is Bubai’s fortune! I really can’t think of anyway to repay you.”

“Hahaha, there’s no need to talk about repayment between brothers! I already told you, today, as long as Brother Mo is happy, it is enough!” Releasing his hold on Bubai, Shizi knocked on his chest with the back of his hand. “I just hope that Brother Mo understood some of the joys of sharing today. If Brother Mo is interested, he can come learn more at anytime. Shi Zi will be happy to oblige!”

“Haha, of course. Of course!” Bubai gazed up at the dark night skies before saluting. “Then, Bubai will head out. Till next time Brother Jia.”

Pa! His fists roughly punching together in a salute, Jia Shizi bid Bubai farewell with a grin, “Haha! Till next time, Brother Mo.”

Jia Shizi observed Bubai’s leaving figure for a moment before turning to reenter his tower.

“Hahaha, great satisfaction comes from sharing with others, great desires are satisfied by sharing with brothers…” Jia Shizi’s lingering words faded away with the closure of his abode.

Bubai cast a lingering glance back at the tower, his once-happy smile now flattening into a slight frown.

He was aware that it was a trap, but he still willingly stepped into it. Why?

Perhaps he had a chance at resisting the allure of the stunning beauty, but how could he possibly turn down the opportunity to enhance his cultivation?

Raising his cultivation was vital for his survival in this sect! So, it was all for survival. Obviously.

Okay, fun facts aside, just the fact that this man could have a residence near the commercial West district spoke volumes about his status!

Bubai recalls the Grand Elder of the sect also had the surname "Jia”.

So, this Jia Shizi... was someone he'd prefer as a friend rather than an enemy, even if only on the surface.

Considerations aside, Bubai also couldn't deny the benefits derived from the wanton day of playing house with the Jia family.

However, he wasn’t too happy.

Truthfully, the intimate exchange had been so insane that if his life were a story, the author should really go see a therapist.

Yet, what puzzled him was the strangeness of it all. While the beauties were undeniably gorgeous, Bubai acknowledged that he wouldn't typically play in such an out-of-control manner.

“The subtle methods used to unknowingly influence me are getting more and more mysterious… it’s just too difficult to guard against with my current level of cultivation.”

Bubai shook his head, redirecting his steps toward the North District.

After receiving this unexpected gift, without any special signs or notice, his cultivation had undergone a smooth breakthrough to the fifth level of Qi refinement!

In fact, almost 90% of his mysterious space was now occupied with strands of vibrant green Qi. This rapid progress indicated he was on the brink of reaching the sixth level, the pinnacle of mid-stage Qi-refinement!

Just one more step, and he would step into the late stage!

Recognizing the somewhat unusual pace of his advancement and his own queer situation as a result of his golden finger, Bubai didn’t hesitate any longer, “I should pick up my Foundation Establishment method as soon as possible, just in case I inadvertently race all the way to the end...”

And the method he finally chose was…

North District. Book Pavilion.

“Are you sure this is the method you want, young Bubai?” Granny Shu sat in her rocking chair, scrutinizing the young man before her whose face seemed less than appealing, yet a subtle smile curved on her lips.

“Disciple Mo Bubai is positive.” Bubai, acknowledging his choice, offered a slight bow.

“Fufu, then so be it.” Granny Shu's aged arm extended, and with a wrinkled finger, she pointed directly at Bubai. “This old lady just so happens to have the method you chose memorized, so there’s no need for the hassle of a jade slip.”

With a swift flick of her finger, Bubai felt a sudden impact on his forehead, accompanied by a flood of memories forcefully implanted into his mind. Momentarily disoriented, he staggered a few steps back.

Fortunately, this wasn't his first encounter with such a peculiar experience and he swiftly stabilized himself, avoiding an embarrassing fall.

Shaking his head to dispel the residual daze, Bubai sensed the newly acquired method ingrained in his memories, confirming it was the right one. He held his hand across his chest, bowing respectfully, “Disciple Mo Bubai thanks Shu Po Po for bestowing the method.”

“Fufu, no big deal, it is this old lady’s job. But… the proper procedure still must be done. Young Bubai, time to swear upon your dao heart.”

Swearing a heavenly oath, this was a customary practice for numerous sects, particularly following the impartation of techniques, especially those related to Foundation Establishment and upwards.

This is why Bubai couldn't simply obtain a Foundation Establishment method from Xiao Lan, a former inner disciple.

“Yes, Shu Po Po.” Placing a hand solemnly over his chest, Bubai proclaimed, "I, Mo Bubai, swear upon my dao heart that I will not willingly disseminate the Foundation Establishment method bestowed upon me by the sect in any manner."

Following his oath, Bubai expressed his gratitude with a respectful bow. "Disciple Mo Bubai thanks the sect for this grace.”

"Fufu. It's good to know," Granny Shu remarked with a hint of amusement. "The sect bestows upon you youngsters a future, but how many could truly appreciate it. Without measures like this, we might soon discover all our methods being hawked in the market the very next day."

Granny Shu chuckled to herself, her beady eyes fixed intently on Bubai, “Young Bubai, now that you’ve used your chance, remember you should start considering how to earn contribution. There are still many techniques you need to complement your method.”

Bubai offered a crisp salute, “Bubai understands. Disciple thanks Shu Po Po for her advice.”

“Fufu, good. Now, is there anything else? If not...” As she posed her question, Granny Shu closed her eyes and initiated a rhythmic rocking motion in her chair.

Interpreting it as a cue to send him off, Bubai nodded in acknowledgment. “Then, Disciple Bubai will-”

“Hmm?” Granny Shu's beady eyes swiftly snapped open, narrowing as they focused on Bubai. “Are you sure there is nothing else, young Bubai?”

Uh… Bubai's thoughts whirred, and then it hit him.

Hastily, he reached into one of the small pouches at his waist, retrieving a crumpled task sheet. Swiftly smoothing it out, an awkward smile graced his face as he extended it to Granny Shu with both hands. “Thank you for Shu Po Po’s reminder. Disciple still has one thing to ask for.”

A smile played across Granny Shu's face as her weathered hand reached out to accept the task sheet. "Fufu, yes, young Bubai finally remembered. This old lady heard that someone took on her task this afternoon and waited patiently all day before the young one finally arrived."

Bubai, sporting an embarrassed smile, bowed deeply. “Disciple Bubai apologizes for making Shu Po Po wait. Disciple was delayed by an unexpected encounter with a senior brother, so…”

“Fufu, don’t worry, this old lady isn’t interested in knowing your affairs. In fact, it matters not if you came earlier or later. It’s rare to see someone take this task and this old lady can’t ask for more.” Granny Shu emitted a slight chuckle as she slipped the sheet of paper into a satchel hanging from her rocking chair.

“Haha…” After an awkward laugh, Bubai put on a genuine smile. “Then, Shu Po Po-”

“But.” Granny Shu interrupted Bubai mid-sentence, a smile on her face, “A test is still necessary.”

“Test?”

 

7