Chapter 116 – A Woman’s Heart
449 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Chang'an of the Great Han Empire, despite various factions digging three feet underground, they ultimately failed to find the assassin who had attempted to kill the Duke of Jin from the State of Chu.

However, there was one place that was truly forbidden in Chang'an City—a place those factions would rather search the Weiyang Palace of the Han Emperor than set foot in.

The Grand Tutor's Residence, Dong Zhuo's dwelling.

It was still that secluded waterside pavilion, with a gentle breeze carrying the fragrance of lotus flowers. Two women sat across from each other, both silent. The fragrant tea before them had long turned cold, but neither had picked up their cup to take a sip.

After a long while, a maid-like girl came running over and whispered something into Diao Chan's ear.

"Fan Li is still not dead," Diao Chan said softly after the maid withdrew.

Seated across from her was none other than Sage Ruler Han Yue.

Who would have thought that the Grand Tutor Dong Zhuo's residence would become Sage Ruler Han Yue's escape route? The most dangerous place could become the safest place.

Even Dong Zhuo himself did not expect this!

Finally hearing the ultimate outcome, Sage Ruler Han Yue shook her head repeatedly.

"This... is impossible. With that strike, I did not hold back at all."

She said so, but there was no sense of dejection from her failed assassination attempt.

Strange?

Why?

Hearing this, Diao Chan smiled faintly, "But you also did not use your full power."

Sage Ruler Han Yue fell silent, for Diao Chan was not wrong. She did not intentionally spare Fan Li's life, but she indeed did not use her full strength.

Why didn't she use her full power?

Did assassinating a mere Qi Refinement cultivator like Fan Li require the full force of her Great Vehicle Realm third-grade cultivation?

Thinking this way, Sage Ruler Han Yue felt she had done nothing wrong. Moreover... no, there was no other reason.

"Even a lion hunting a rabbit uses its full power. If you strike again, sister, you must not be so lax," Diao Chan teased playfully.

In the Brahma Sound Pure Land, fellow cultivators addressed each other as sisters, and the Sage Rulers were no exception.

However, in terms of seniority, the ten Sage Rulers were still ranked in order of age.

The First Sage Ruler, the Venerable Sage Ruler Yao Guang, was the undisputed eldest sister among the Sage Rulers.

Diao Chan addressing Sage Ruler Han Yue as "sister" without objection showed that Diao Chan held a higher position than her.

"Strike again? You want me to assassinate Fan Li twice?" Thinking this way, Sage Ruler Han Yue felt extremely vexed. Her mood was written all over her face.

Diao Chan maintained a faint smile, her thoughts inscrutable. She did not dwell on the topic, instead shifting the conversation to the five wooden boxes beside Sage Ruler Han Yue.

"Sister, these five outfits are truly beautiful. Even the gifts the Grand Tutor bestows upon me cannot compare to these."

Diao Chan spoke as her beautiful peach blossom eyes scrutinized Sage Ruler Han Yue from top to bottom.

"Sister usually dresses in men's attire. Why not try a change of pace today? Come to think of it, Fan Li has quite the eye for beauty. These five outfits are exquisite and would suit your figure very well."

In fact, the Yun Xiu Fang Pavilion's products were already masterfully crafted, having nothing to do with Fan Li's taste.

Earth-grade treasure robes could adjust their size, so the notion of "suiting one's figure" did not apply.

"No... no need!" Sage Ruler Han Yue grew flustered upon hearing this. "I don't want anything Fan Li gave me!"

"Oh, you don't want them?" Diao Chan smiled and nodded, not exposing the lie. If she didn't want them, why was she carrying them with her?

Sage Ruler Han Yue's cheeks flushed red, realizing the mocking implication behind Diao Chan's smile.

"These... these are all Earth-grade treasures! Even if I bring them back to the Pure Land and reward outstanding junior disciples, it's better than leaving them in Fan Li's hands!" Sage Ruler Han Yue spoke, but inwardly wondered in amazement.

When did she become so adept at lying?

Yes, lying.

These words that spilled from her mouth were falsehoods, making Sage Ruler Han Yue feel increasingly guilty and inferior, unable to look Diao Chan in the eye.

"Sister speaks true. The Pure Land grows stronger by the day, and your contributions are immense," Diao Chan replied, as if truly believing her words, her tone full of praise.

Sage Ruler Han Yue fell silent once more.

Did she really have to give away these five outfits?

How could she bear to part with them?

Five sets of Earth-grade treasure robes, which Fan Li had purchased at a high price - this was the first time in her life she had received a gift from a man!

What should she do?

How could she politely express her desire to keep all five outfits for herself?

But to speak dishonestly would strip her of the dignity befitting a Sage Ruler of the Pure Land.

As Sage Ruler Han Yue's thoughts spun, Diao Chan's gentle sigh reached her ears.

"Sister, do not fret. I was merely jesting with you. Keep these Earth-grade treasures for yourself. I will not report this to the elder sisters."

"Ah!?"

Sage Ruler Han Yue let out a soft exclamation, a surge of joy welling up within her.

But why?

She gazed at Diaochan in bewilderment as the other woman slowly rose.

"These few days, sister can reside safely in the Grand Tutor's residence without incident. Once the celebration concludes and the elder sister's plan succeeds, the entire Great Han will fall under the Brahma Sound Pure Land's influence. Sister can then travel freely. Rest well for now, sister. I will not disturb you further." Diao Chan left.

In the waterside pavilion, only Sage Ruler Han Yue remained.

The Grand Tutor's residence.

Forever lingering with a faint scent of blood. The cold night wind howled. As if countless resentful spirits haunted the Grand Tutor's residence, seeking an explanation for their unjust deaths.

Only this waterside pavilion, rising pure and untainted from the mud, stood like an upright and pristine lotus flower.

After a long while, Sage Ruler Han Yue finally moved. With her cultivation, she could sense that within the waterside pavilion's vicinity, she was the only person present.

She gazed at the five wooden boxes before her, conflicted yet filled with anticipation. Mustering her courage, she reached out, intending to pick up one of the outfits. But her hand froze in mid-air, trembling slightly.

"What does the Sage Ruler think of these five outfits? If you like them, this duke can purchase them all for you," Fan Li's words from a few days ago echoed in her mind.

Finally, Sage Ruler Han Yue hastily picked up a pink outfit adorned with rainbows. She hurriedly yet clumsily fled into the inner chambers, not forgetting to let down the pearl curtains, symbolically blocking outside view.

Even though the waterside pavilion's vicinity was truly empty. After a moment, she had changed into this Earth-grade treasure robe.

Ordinarily, Sage Ruler Han Yue dressed in an androgynous style. If not for her exceptionally beautiful appearance, from afar she would resemble a cold and aloof male sword cultivator.

Now, clad in the pink outfit adorned with rainbows, as she gazed at her reflection in the bronze mirror, she found herself entranced.

So this was how beautiful she could look with just a bit of grooming? But Sage Ruler Han Yue noticed that she still kept her hair bound in the masculine style, completely mismatched with her current attire.

For some reason, she felt a surge of embarrassment. She hurriedly undid her hair binding, letting her long, inky black tresses cascade down like a waterfall past her slender waist. Looking at her reflection again, she finally resembled a proper woman.

Sage Ruler Han Yue smiled. She removed the Frost Sword that never left her side, carelessly tossing it aside.

Then, imitating Diao Chan's demeanor, she gently raised her dainty fingers and brushed aside the pearl curtains, taking tentative lotus steps towards the wooden boxes.

Four more beautiful outfits awaited her to try on one by one...

 

If you like the content, please support. Thank you.
https://www.patreon.com/ZenpaiTrans

 

7