Chapter 117 – Stargazing
159 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Diao Chan left the waterside pavilion but did not rest. Within the Grand Tutor's residence, besides providing her with accommodation, a special stargazing platform was built for Diao Chan's exclusive use.

Ascending the platform, Diao Chan removed her shoes and socks. She stood barefoot on the seven star positions at the center of the platform's top.

Diao Chan gazed upwards at the night sky, her eyes turning pitch black. Deep within her eyes, a vast expanse of stars gradually emerged, as if reflecting every single star in the heavenly night sky!

Heavy footsteps approached from behind Diao Chan. The newcomer was none other than Dong Zhuo himself.

"Any anomalies while stargazing tonight?" Dong Zhuo asked.

"Liu Xie's imperial star was originally dim, but recently after taming the divine beast Xuanwu, his star has regained a bit of luster," Diao Chan replied.

"Oh?" Dong Zhuo's expression turned displeased upon hearing this, his hideous ugly face appearing even more frightening.

Diao Chan raised her hand, pointing towards a certain direction in the night sky. "However, the Han dynasty is in decline, its heavenly mandate cannot be changed."

"Furthermore, Liu Xie was born with an inauspicious short-life omen. He may have virtue but lacks fortune, destined to die prematurely on the path."

"Hahaha!!!" Dong Zhuo finally burst into boisterous laughter.

Yet, he did not look up at the sky, for he had attempted to observe celestial omens before but gained nothing from it.

The secret art of stargazing required an extremely rare innate talent to cultivate. Among the myriad living beings in this world, it was unknown how few possessed the ability to perceive the will of heaven from the profound stars.

This was the reason why even the renowned Jiajing Emperor, considered the greatest ruler of his era, still revered the State Preceptor Lan Daozheng.

"The art of stargazing is truly profound!" Dong Zhuo praised. "Diao Chan, it's no wonder that despite your frail cultivation, you could stabilize your position as a Sage Ruler of the Pure Land. Moreover, apart from stargazing, you also understand how to alter one's destiny..."

"Grand Tutor." Diao Chan gently reminded him to remain silent for a moment. Her exquisite brows furrowed slightly, as if perceiving more information from the myriad stars.

"In Chang'an City, two new imperial stars have appeared! Although their starlight is faint, they possess vibrant vitality, like the rising sun at dawn."

"If the Grand Tutor uses the Devouring Demon Art to devour the heavenly mandates of these two, you can completely replace Liu Xie and refine your own imperial mandate."

Upon hearing Diao Chan's words, Dong Zhuo was utterly astonished!

Chang'an City actually gathered so many true dragon imperial figures?

Although it was hard to believe, since Diao Chan perceived it through stargazing, it must be the truth!

"Dragons gathering in Chang'an? Could this be heaven's will, aiding me to refine the imperial mandate? Diao Chan, you are truly this old man's destined empress! Hahaha!"

Through Diao Chan's stargazing, Dong Zhuo had already known that apart from the Han Emperor Liu Xie, Cao, Liu, and Sun were also destined for the imperial mandate.

While his cultivation of the Deouring Demon Art was formidable, that was secondary. Devouring the imperial mandates and refining himself into a true dragon emperor - this was the true value of the demonic art!

"This old man excavated the Han Emperor's tomb and collected many fragments of the imperial mandate. All that's missing is a living bearer to catalyze the process!"

Dong Zhuo's expression turned vicious, as if he wanted to devour someone. And he truly wished to consume others!

"Those three brats Cao, Liu, and Sun have decent cultivation and cannot be underestimated. This old man has tried to make a move against them several times, but those slippery brats leave no openings or excuses. Especially that Cao Cao, he even dares to actively get close to me, feigning admiration and flattery. Yet his daring surpasses even Liu Bei and Sun Quan!

If not for those three sticking together and relying on the little Liu Xie, this old man would have turned against them long ago."

"Why wait until the Three Emperors' Meeting when Liu Xie is defeated by Zhu Houcong and his aura plummets to take action?"

Dong Zhuo grew increasingly excited, his eyes radiating a sinister glow!

"Now, this old man's great undertaking can succeed ahead of schedule? Diao Chan, quickly tell me, whose imperial mandates have appeared? This old man will take their lives immediately!"

After a prolonged period of stargazing, Diao Chan finally revealed the answer:

"The Duke of Jin from Great Chu, Fan Li and the Princess Chang Le, Liu Man."

Dong Zhuo froze upon hearing those names. "Why those two specifically?"

But after some thought, he felt it made sense. The two had recently arrived in Chang'an City with the Chu envoy delegation.

Diao Chan could only use her stargazing art once a month. Today, upon activating it, she could discern their extraordinary mandates.

"What a pity." Dong Zhuo shook his head. "Since it's Fan Li and the Princess, this old man shall endure for now. Let's proceed with the original plan and make a move against the little Liu Xie during the celebration."

After completing her stargazing, Diao Chan withdrew her gaze.

"Grand Tutor, why spare those two? Whether the Princess or Fan Li, they are both weaker than the Han Emperor. Choosing the easier over the difficult, I cannot comprehend your deeper intentions," she questioned.

Dong Zhuo was willing to patiently explain. "The Fan Clan wields immense power in Great Chu. If this old man devours Fan Li with the demonic art, it would be equivalent to turning against Great Chu. Even if I succeeded in overthrowing the dynasty, could I fend off the invasions of both Chu and Ming simultaneously?"

As for Princess Chang Le, he chuckled without elaborating. But his motion of licking his lips made Diao Chan understand.

Princess Chang Le was a celestial beauty...

***

"Let me explain." Fan Li was on a video call, his face contorted in anguish as if wearing a mask of pain. He deeply regretted answering Xiang Ning's call.

"This emperor will not listen!" Xiang Ning's voice came through. "You're clearly infatuated and bewitched! You bought a Heavenly-grade treasure robe and five Earth-grade treasure robes, only to gift them to Princess Chang Le and Sage Ruler Han Yue? Fan Li, have you never seen a woman in your life!?"

Fan Li covered his face in embarrassment. He was just casually chatting and speaking his mind, but who knew Xiang Ning would react so furiously, like a startled cat with its tail stepped on?

"Your Majesty, this subject already explained that the Heavenly-grade Purple Sash Robe was shamelessly stolen by Princess Chang Le," Fan Li said dejectedly. "Moreover, since she is Your Majesty's empress, doesn't that mean her possessions belong to you as well?"

In the video, Xiang Ning’s adorable face reddened, clearly unable to criticize Fan Li over the matter involving her Empress Chang Le.

"Then what about Sage Ruler Han Yue?!" Her reaction was surprisingly quick on certain matters despite her usual lack of intelligence.

She held up her right hand, fingers splayed.

"Five outfits, and they're all from the Yun Xiu Fang Pavilion? Fan Li, do you know how expensive and difficult it is to obtain clothing from Yun Xiu Fang? This emperor has lived for almost twenty years but has only managed to secretly wear their pieces two or three times!"

Fan Li tried to change the subject. "Was it the few times Your Majesty wore women's clothing? Speaking of Your Majesty's feminine attire, this subject cannot help but offer some praise..."

"You... don't praise it yet. I know I'm beautiful, but first explain the matter with Sage Ruler Han Yue!" Xiang Ning’s tone softened slightly, but she remained fixated on the issue.

"This subject gifted her the outfits to preserve my life," Fan Li finally devised a countermeasure after contemplating. "Sage Ruler Han Yue harbors ill intentions towards me, clearly an assassin sent by Xiang Chong. I gave her those outfits merely to quell her murderous intent.

Unfortunately, I didn't expect that ungrateful wolf would still attempt to kill me after receiving such precious gifts." Fan Li lamented as he began unbuttoning his robe, intending to show Xiang Ning his injury. "Your Majesty, look at the wound Sage Ruler inflicted..."

But as soon as he opened his outer robe, the Emperor's Undergarments adorning his body were revealed.

"Nine-clawed golden dragons? Brilliant yellow attire?!" Xiang Ning’s almond eyes widened in shock, her body trembling as her teeth chattered.

"Fan Li, you traitor! Go die!"

Thank you for the Ratings/Likes and Comments. Your support is the greatest encouragement for me!

Thank you.
https://www.patreon.com/ZenpaiTrans

4