V1.C17 On the bridge, The Strange door
5.6k 3 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After descending another floor Leo looked around for signs of any monster. All he found was a floor with sticky tar everywhere. He used aerodynamic to move through the air, fully concentrating his sense presence skill.

[Flamrock] 

An ore that melts into tar when burned. It melts at 50 degrees celsius and burns at 100 degrees celsius. It can reach up to 3000 degrees celsius.

He gulped seeing its description, fortunately he didn't use his lightning skill here or he would be crisped alive, not even his mutated body could withstand burning in fire.

He picked up the pace, following the only passage and came to a place where the path split into three.

'Where should I go? Let's try from left first.'

He started walking, fully prepared for ambush. At the moment, a shark-like monster pounced at him with its maw wide open.

The shark closed its mouth with a snap right in front of him, its razor sharp teeth shining with metallic glint.

'Analyze'

[??]

Strength: 450

Vitality: 500

Defense: 600 

Agility: 580

Magic: 450

Magic Defense: 400

Skills: [Hide Presence]

'This bastard is a perfect assassin, I want that skill. You will be called Assassin Shark'

(.....)

Before he could attack the shark retreated back in Tar. Leo spread his senses all around him. He concentrated to his limits the moment he heard the noise. He could see the shark from the corner of his eye coming at him with open jaws. 

He swung his hands, tracing a wide arc to create a wind blade. It was [Gale Claw], skill of Claw bear.

The blade hit and a deep cut appeared on shark's neck. It twitched and tried to stand up, Leo moved mana to his legs and kicked on its head to finish it.

['Steel Legs' skill acquired]

[Steel Legs] (Active skill)

Allows the user to reinforce their legs and increase the power and strength of their kicks.

'Fuh, [Extreme focus] sure takes a toll on my head.'

Putting the body in inventory, he took it to a safe place to eat.

[Level up]

['Hide Presence' skill acquired]

[Hide Presence] (Passive skill)

Allows the user to hide presence to avoid getting tracked by others.

And he descended yet another floor.

***

Back in Heiligh Kingdom, Kaori and Hajime started dating. Every classmate saw it coming, except two who were unable  to believe it.

On a quiet night, one black haired boy was sketching on a piece of paper. He was interrupted by a knock on the door.

He grumbled and opened the door to see his new girlfriend dressed in a pure white dress.

His heart sped up seeing her. He still couldn't believe the fact that the beautiful idol level girl was his girlfriend.

"Sh— Kaori, what are you doing here?"

He said her last name unconsciously but stopped when he saw her chilly smile.

She entered the room and sat on the bed. 

"Hajime-kun, can we talk?"

He sat on the far corner on the bed, Kaori closed the distance and glued her body to him.

He nodded his head with a wry smile. "I also wanted to talk."

"It's about Kouki, he is not doing good. Lately, he has a fake smile on his face," Kaori whispered.

"I also saw it, maybe it was a mistake for you to date an Otaku like me," he said in a depressed voice.

"Hajime! I-I L-Like You! So please don't say things like this again."

"Kaori, I-I also…" Kaori put a finger on his lips.

"Let's talk about it later, what were you doing with that?" she said as she pointed at the tools scattered everywhere.

"Nothing, I thought I could make something that can help everyone. After all, I'm just a weak synergist."

"You are not weak, your heart is stronger and kinder than everyone else," Kaori said with a gentle smile.

"Thanks," he whispered.

Her smile grew wider hearing that. She noticed something on the floor, she bent and picked it up. There was a design of Revolver on it.

"Hajime-kun, can you make it?"

He nodded his head. "I'll be able to make it in a week."

"With this, we have more chances to win the war and go back home faster. We'll get a house there and get married. Yes! We'll do that!" she babbled, lost in her delusions.

"I also want to go home," he said with a sigh.

One boy watched Kaori enter Hajime room. He had a furious expression on his face, killing intent radiated from every fiber of his body.

He entered his room and hit the wall with his fists. Blood kept dripping but his punch only grew fiercer.

He stopped and started laughing, it was filled with malice and hatred.

"Damn you, Nagumo. I'll get her back."

***

Orcus Labyrinth…

Leo travelled floor after floor, meeting all kinds of powerful monsters. Among them was a rainbow-colored frog that could spit poison.

A giant moth that spread its scales throughout the air, it could paralyze anything. The floor also had a poisonous mist scattered everywhere. Frog and butterfly teamwork nearly cost him his life but Ambrosia saved him.

He ate the frog with a disgusted expression, surprisingly it tasted better than any monster meat he ever ate. As for the moth…

Then, there was another floor which looked like a jungle, even the air was incredibly humid like a real forest. Here he was ambushed by a centipede, which split into thirty cockroaches. He used [Final Breath] and destroyed everything in his sight. He nearly went berserk from disgust.

Then, Giant living trees chased him all over the place. They were very kind, giving him crimson tasty fruits. He even thought about gifting himself to them but shook his head and used the Cursed Sword to cut them into pieces. He wiped the drop of tear from the corner of his eyes.

His hide presence skill combined with the title effect, he ambushed most of the monsters he met. Some of them were too gruesome and brutal to describe in words. Something awakened within him when he heard those cries.

Currently he was facing against a two meter large what could only be described as a ugly penguin. Even the temperature around here was reaching more than 10 degree celsius below 0. A thin layer of frost covered the walls and ground of the cave.

He was currently unarmed as his opponent's defense that rendered his sword useless.

'Analyze'

[??]

Strength: 800

Vitality: 1100

Defense: 900 

Agility: 600

Magic: 1200

Magic Defense: 1000

Skills: [Ice breath] [Ice needles]

'Truly an abomination of a penguin.'

He calmly watched as the thing opened its filthy mouth and sucked in a large amount of air, an instant later, a hail of ice needles shot out.

He twisted his body with a flexibility that would leave professionals in awe and protected his vitals. The penguin already began to prepare another attack, he closed the distance in several seconds and jumped enough to look down on the penguin.

His foot rose in the air, nearly reaching his shoulders. With a smirk he activated steel legs and brought down the leg on its head.

With a loud crack the skull of the penguin split open and its large body fell backward scattering its brain and stuff on the floor. All of this took place within 3 seconds. His skill extreme focus proved to be very useful in fast paced fights. 

After placing the corpse in his inventory, he descended another floor.

He searched around and found no monsters here but something more mysterious. He shook his head and created a camp to eat the Penguin corpse.  After eating the ugly creature…

[Level up]

[Status] 

Name: Leo Evans

Title: [Behemoth Killer] [Cruel Hunter]

Race: Human-Monster Hybrid

Age: 17

Level: 28

Job: Berserker

Strength: 950

Vitality: 1100

Defense: 950

Agility: 1050

Magic: 2400 (Sealed)

Magic Defense: 2400

[Skills]

...

[Gale Claw (Active skill)]

[+Triple Gale Claw (Active skill)]

Allows the user to create three wind or mana blades instead of one

[Night Vision 'Active skill)]

[Petrification Resistance (Passive skill)]

[Sense Presence (Passive skill)]

[Farsight (Active skill)]

Allows the user to have an increased range of vision by focusing mana into the eyes

[Detect Magic (Active skill)]

Allows the user to detect and perceive the flow of mana and activation of hidden or ranged spells and magic

[Poison Resistance (Passive skill)]

Increase resistance to poison.

[Paralysis Resistance (Passive skill)]

Increase resistance to paralysis

These were his current stats and skills. After he was done with all preparations, he set off to explore the new location.

His heart throbbed with a sense of excitement, which he nearly forgot. It was different from all the things he saw here.

He was facing a double door, its size made him look like a dwarf. The golden pattern carved on it only served to increase its magnificence. It was truly a masterpiece even if he saw it a second time.

With magic circles placed all over the door, it was suspicious as hell, increasing his curiosity.

He pushed the door, it didn't budge. He punched it, kicked it, and tried everything.

As a last resort, he put one hand on the door and gathered his mana to it.

Zap~

A small bolt of lightning ran through the door, he jumped back. Smoke rose from his charred hands, he drank a HP Potion to heal it.

Roar~!!!

A loud roar echoed throughout the place. He raised his head up and saw something...

104