V8.C32 Traitor
1.6k 7 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maria dashed for Na YuNa and nagged her condition. She was worried for the girl’s health.

“Maria, can you take us to your... Partner?” Spiera interrupted them.

“What for?”

Spiera explained her reason. Maria and Na YuNa’s face turned grim.

“I will try. But I will follow him even if he refuses to help.”

Spiera acknowledged with a nod.

----

(Back to Present)

“Leo, we have an emergency! The world is facing a crisis!”

Leo raised his left brow at Maria. “What crisis?”

“Come with me.”

Maria grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the room. Shizuku, who held his hand, also got dragged along. Na YuNa and Yu Ilhan also tailed him.

Maria took him to a hall with multiple screens attached to the wall, although it wasn’t the gaming room he visited before. His wives except Liliana and Helina rested on a chair before the monitors showing a portal similar to a dungeon gate.

“Those are?”

“The gate that connects two different worlds.”

The one who answered wasn't Maria, but an Angel with burning scarlet hair styled in a simple ponytail. She gave a respectful nod before continuing, “There are nine of those scattered all over the world.”

Her overwhelming aura and unique hair gave away her identity to Leo. He narrowed his gaze at her and unleashed his aura on her alone.

“You must be the traitor who abandoned Maria?”

Spiera flinched and a white spear appeared in her hands. It all happened in one swift move — clearly a warrior who survived through numerous wars.

“I am Spiera, a 6th Class angel sent by Heaven’s Army to enlist your support.”

Maria silently stood beside him, sparing no glance for anyone. Spiera formed a bitter smile as she continued, “Heaven’s army will give… appropriate compensation for that.”

“Am I supposed to be moved by that?” Leo grinned and tapped his cheeks. “Cause I can't feel your sincerity.”

“Leo-san is acting again,” Shea whispered with an exaggerated shake of her head.

I won't let her off easily for abandoning Maria.

“Mister Leo, are you really not going to help?” Na YuNa asked politely.

Yu Ilhan was quietly leaning against the wall, listening to the angels’ whisper beside him. But from the way his muscles were tense, he was on guard against any attack.

“Spiera, why are those worlds considered a threat to the world?“ Leo inquired. “I assume they are filled with monsters?”

“The passage connecting to other worlds isn't uncommon. But eight of those gates lead to abandoned worlds.” Spiera continued on with a solemn expression, “Worlds that had no chance for survival against the monsters, so Heaven’s Army stopped giving them traps of destruction and any quests.”

Leo activated Irene’s aura perception ability on Spiera, revealing a dark blue aura wrapped around her with strands of green and gray. He could intuit the blue for tranquility, green for guilt, and gray for sadness.

At least she isn’t completely unfeeling monster. On a second note, this network function is awesome!

(I know. Borrowing any skill from your wife is quite the luxury… for the slothful you.)

“Abandoned worlds.” Leo cupped his chin. “How strong are the monsters?”

“4th Class monsters are available in five of them,” Spiera answered. “The gates might explode during the second great cataclysm.”

“What are the rewards for my help?”

“... A God-ranked artifact.”

“Not interested.”

The nonchalant rejection caused Spiera’s eyes to widen. Her lips parted with a gasp.

“Are you… serious?”

“Yep, I don’t want an artifact even if it’s Eternal-ranked.”

The creation lord skill can create anything, I just lack the imagination to pull it off.

Spiera took a deep breath and regained her stoic expression. “What else do you want then?”

“Let me ask this. Isn’t Heaven placing too much importance on this world?”

Spiera shook her head. “Our faction… strives to support any world as long as we can.”

“Who told you about these gates?”

The gates existed in many countries. There's no way in hell these Angels could sense it without using their powers.

“Other Angels gave us the information,” Spiera replied.

“Are you sure they aren’t traitors?” He gave an all-knowing smirk. “Don’t you think it’s rather unbelievable that Angels who can’t use their power gave you this information?”

Spiera froze in her spot for a good second. Feyta on Na YuNa’s head became agitated.

Leo didn’t miss her suspicious act and grabbed her with spiritual hands. The powerless Angel flapped her tiny wings in protest.

“No! I’m not a traitor!”

“Oh, we will see about that. Mindbender.”

Her memories of fifty-five thousand years flashed in his head. He concentrated and skipped the most, only reading the recent ones. One was her meeting one of the Destruction Demon Army’s 3rd battalion commander, Helièna, the succubus. Helièna had a smug face as she ordered Feyta to collect something that contained his DNA. Feyta also met with some Angels before they decided to divulge the information related to the gates.

Leo projected these chosen memories for everyone. Spiera watched everything with cold eyes.

“You betrayed us.”

Spiera mercilessly swung her spear at the traitor Angel, drawing a trajectory that arrived before Feyta in a flash. However, before the spear severed her head, a hand reached out, and blocked the attack.

“Nah, you can’t.” Leo grinned and flicked the spear over to its owner. “Do you mind if I take this honor?”

Disbelief spread across Spiera’s face. “How can you block my Great Cosmos Severing Spear?”

Leo cringed at the name of her technique. He pushed back the emotion. “Don’t tell me it was your best or I would be disappointed in 6th Class Angels.”

Spiera released an exaggerated sigh as she stored the spear in a dimension similar to his inventory.

Leo squinted at the blood on his palm. Spiera’s attack had managed to pierce his defense — she used her power as a 6th Class Angel added with the strong technique that sharpened her slash to an absurd level. He stuck out his tongue and licked the blood. 

It is sweet.

No wonder Yue loved to suck him dry.

“Are you not going to hand her over to me?” Her tone became much more polite compared to before.

She realized the gap between us. Now how many levels will this angel give me?

Leo enveloped Feyta in his Chaos Domain.

“S-Stop! I swear to serve you. Please don’t kill me!”

Her protests were ignored. Na YuNa stayed silent contrary to her bubbly self.

Yu Ilhan and the other angels stared at Feyta, waiting to see her fate. While his wives glared at Spiera for harming him. He calmed them down with telepathy before they went on a rampage and ganged up on Spiera. Even a high class angel would be devoured under the united power of his lovers.

As his domain materialized, strands of black mana reached out to Feyta and tied her up.

Why does it look so... perverted…?

Another moment later, Feyta’s presence disappeared.

[You have devoured the records of a 5th Class Angel, Feyta.]
[You have leveled up.]
[You have leveled up.]
[You have leveled up.]
[You have leveled up.]
[You have become level 304. 28 Strength, 35 Agility, 50 Health, 43 Magic increases.]
[The skill, Chaos Domain, has become level 2.]

One low class angel gave him 156 stats. He turned to Spiera and licked his lips.

How many stats will she give me?

Spiera squinted her eyes and pointed at him. “What did you do to her?”

“I ate her.”

Silence filled the room.

47