V8.C36: The Past
1.6k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo played with Ruhi till the evening then teleported to Verbergen—the settlement of demi-humans.

He appeared outside Haulia village and gawked. Unlike the weary village from before, Haulia village had solid stone houses. Even the area was expanded almost twice.

Haulias scampered here and there, shifting large bags to somewhere outside the village. They seemed to have received the news from Shea.

While hoping that Haulias recovered, Leo made his way toward the village.

"GodKing-sama!" One Haulia yelled, gathering the attention of others.

"Ohh, Leo-sama returned. The Dragon God is here!"

"Wasn't it Black Dragon God?"

"What nonsense are you spouting?" a Haulia woman smacked their head. "Leo-sama's title was decided as Dragon God of Abyss."

The titles gave lethal wounds to Leo. He forced himself to not turn around and run away.

Cam came out from a rather large house and beamed a wide grin at him.

"Leo-sama!" He said. "Oi bastards where are your manners? Kneel before the Emperor."

Others immediately kneeled like knights.

"Leo, you are here."

Leo turned around and found Yue standing behind with a mischievous grin. He hadn't sensed her presence at all.

"So you came here to grab them?"

"Nn. Shea wanted to train them."

"Shea could've come here."

"She wanted Haulias to fight monsters."

"I see."

Shea wanted them to get used to fighting the monsters present on Earth.

Yue rubbed her ring with her thumb, bringing out a gigantic bag radiating mana.

"Mana crystals?" He asked.

Yue nodded and handed it to him. "Haulias collected it."

"It's almost the same amount as Ehit's treasure..."

How many monsters did they kill?

Leo shrugged his shoulder and sold them to Jen, obtaining 4.2 million SP. He looked at Cam smiling in glee and shook his head. It would be a hit to his reputation if he accepted it like that, so he asked them to come one by one.

Cam was the first to step up. His eyes showed utmost loyalty as he kneeled before him.

"Stop it… father-in-law."

Cam immediately sprang to his feet.

"Why don't you remarry?" Leo asked. "Even Shea wants you to find a good girl and enjoy your life."

Cam had the position of Tribe leader and the strength to back it up, it would be weird if none of the women liked him.

"I will try," Cam gave a curt reply.

Leo activated his Creation Lord ability and created a pair of sharp daggers clad in black enchanted with the concept of sharpness; with enough mana, one could cut anything—at least below the level of Demigods.

Cam took the daggers with tears pooling in his eyes. Leo waved him off and called for the next one.

A very familiar Haulia woman came swaying her hips, and her eyes smoldered with a scary intensity—this woman trying to seduce him was named Mina if he remembered correctly.

Leo caught Yue grinning in the corner of his eyes. At least try to save your man—he thought with wry smile.

"Leo-sama. Please bestow me the weapons I can use to cut down your enemies," she said and kneeled albeit without a sword.

Her request sounded more like a confession. Leo created two thin longswords for her and enchanted them with wind magic—both for close and long range.

Mina took the swords and gazed at him with a feverish expression. Fortunately, she didn't jump on him and went back.

Leo continued gifting weapons to Haulia. Eventually, everyone—from children to adults was armed with weapons powerful enough to shred any 3rd Class monster to pieces.

Under the sharp gazes of Haulia, Leo picked up Yue and teleported—he had one more task left in Tortus.

'Jen, I can revive Yue's uncle by pulling him from the past. But would that affect the present?'

(It would certainly affect the future. But, you can prevent it.)

'How?'

(Just take Dienleed's soul before Ehit's servant took over his body.)

'I will travel back in time myself.'

Leo teleported to the room where he found Yue.

"Beloved, why here?" Her eyes opened wide as she realized. "Are you… sure?"

"I am."

Leo shut his eyes and concentrated.

[Transcendental skill Ruler of Concept has been unsealed.]

Pushing his willpower evolved after reaching Tier 4, he imagined—the power to return back into the time. A warmth reached his right hand and his thoughts became clearer—Yue aided him with her willpower, giving him the memories of her time when her Uncle left her.

Suddenly, everything stopped just like his time in Miledi's 'Deny the world' barrier and a massive wave of spiritual essence emanated from him, covering the entire world.

*Tick* *Tick* *Tick* *Click*

A loud click interrupted the ticking sounds and the scenery around him changed, the cobwebs on the walls undid, the aged walls started to regain its color—everything was reversing back in time until the familiar scene of Yue's uncle entering the room with Yue occurred.

Leo used his darkness authority to hide and wait.

"Beloved, is this…?" Yue asked with telepathy.

Leo checked his map filled with many unknown cities. A particular nation Avatarl 'The kingdom of Vampires' indicated…

"Yep, the current time is three hundred years ago."

"That was easy…"

"Easy for us, unreachable for others."

"Nn."

He rewatched the scene of her Uncle leaving her with tears in his eyes. This time though Yue held his hand and mustered the brightest smile he ever saw on her face.

"Let's tail your uncle."

"Nn."

The couple hid with the perfect skill for concealment, stalked Dienleed into the palace. Leo had to make sure to do nothing except accomplish his mission.

Time passed into days, weeks, and a month—Leo always kept Dienleed under surveillance even when they 'played' in the nights. Yue went as far as to attack him in the open court. No one saw the couple going wild when people discussed political matters.

The awaited day arrived after two months. A group of Ehit's Apostles arrived and attacked the kingdom. Yue remained stoic as she watched her kingdom crumble into dust. The Apostles knocked Dienleed and took him away.

The couple looked at each other and followed him. Leo wasn't surprised when they took him to the church located high into the mountains.

An hour later, Dienleed lay unconscious on a white floor with fanatics kneeling around him, praying for the 'God' to possess his body.

A pillar of light descended in response to their prayer and covered Dienleed's body. Leo quickly cast the "Soul Taker" spell and transferred Dienleed's soul to a ring while Yue created an artificial soul similar to Dienleed and poured it into his body.

Dienleed or rather Aruv blinked his eyes. He stood up and swept his gaze over the others.

"You shall be rewarded for your diligence."

The apostles stepped forward and backstabbed the fanatics. The sword shone and disintegrated the bodies—erasing all the evidence.

Leo rechecked the ring and breathed a sigh of relief. Yue hugged him fiercely.

"Beloved!"

Leo stroked her hair as she let out tears of happiness on his chest.

After she calmed down, Leo took back his spiritual essence from the world, reverting the time to present. He returned to his room in Erisen, took out Deinleed's body from his inventory, transferred the soul with 'Soul call' and 'Assimilate' spell, and regenerated the body to its prime condition.

*Throb*

A faint heartbeat was heard as Deinleed's heart started beating; his body began to function normally.

Yue held in her breath as Dienleed's eyelashes shook, opened, revealing his blood-red eyes similar to Yue.

"Otou-san!"

As Deinleed sat on the bed, Yue tightly hugged him.

Leo shook his head and sat on a chair...

44