V1.C6 Apostle? Heiligh Kingdom
7.1k 9 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three adventurers stare dumbfoundedly at the monster or human in front of them. A tall and handsome man with dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. This scene would be perfect if he wasn't covered in blood.

The guys were nearly scared to death by him, this man was a Berserker. They didn't know what would happen to them now. Mutated Ogre, which were known for their higher physical stats, yet he crushed its head with sheer strength. Its strength was equal to any monster found on the 40th floor on the Orcus Labyrinth. That Black aura and ferociousness still give them chills.

The female magician had an indescribable expression on her face.

Seeing her, the Assassin and Swordsman duo shook their heads. No matter what, he saved their lives.

The swordsman was the first one to speak. "Brother, who might you be?"

The newcomer turned his head and grinned, sending a chill up their spine.

He walked toward them in small steps. His deep blue eyes shining, as if looking at some prey.

"Me? I just wanted my revenge from this Ogre. This bastard ambushed me when I was bathing. I lost all my possessions because of it. Well, at least I grabbed my clothes or I might still be butt-naked."

"....."

"....."

"....."

'You will fight an Mutated Ogre to death just for that?' was their thought, but no one said it aloud.

With his lips forming a wide grin, he asked, "Shouldn't you introduce yourself first before asking others?"

The female magician flinched before she made a bow. "Sorry, I'm Irene, this swordsman is Dale and that assassin is Tris. We are Purple-ranked adventurers."

"I see, so you guys are adventurers. Can you show me the way to the nearest town?"

"Of course we can," she said and pointed at the Ogre's corpse. "You don't need the mana crystal?"

Leo closed his eyes. 'How do I take it out?'

(Ogre mana crystal is inside their chest.)

He used Dale's Sword to take out the mana crystal. Strangely, the skin wasn't as hard as it was before or maybe he got stronger after the level up.

'His skills are good,' thought adventurers.

"You guys can dismantle the rest," he said while playing with the magic stone.

Dale and Tris gave Irene a thumbs-up behind Leo's back and started dismantling the Ogre.

Leo pocketed the magic stone. "Let's talk about you while they do their stuff."

She searched through her small bag and took out a water bottle and a cloth. "Here, I'm Irene, 20 years old and still single."

His jaw dropped open from her introduction, how can you say that with a calm face.

"Call me Leo and where might you be from?"

"Horaud Town," she said and stared at him intently.

"Not telling," he said playfully and took off his jacket full of blood and wiped his face and arms with the wet cloth.

He was left in a black T-shirt and jeans. Irene looked at his figure with a calm smile, her heart was a different matter.

She averted her gaze and asked, "Why did you go wild like that? Was that caused by some sort of skill?"

"I… can we not talk about it?"

This woman still wants to know more about me, even after seeing me like that. Should I keep my distance from her?

Dale and Tris were done with the dismantling.

"Let's go," Tris said.

Dale also came with a bag on his shoulder and grinned.

Thus, the group started walking towards Horaud Town with Dale and Tris in the front, while Leo and Irene strolled behind them.


After spending so much time without any human interaction, Leo was starving to speak with anyone. Still, he tried to probe bits of pieces of information from Irene during their conversation.

[Quest available: Join the Adventurer Guild]

Enter the city with adventurers and join the guild as an adventurer

Difficulty: D

Rewards: Unlock [Analyze] function, 100SP

[Accept / Decline]

'Accept it, Jen.'

He wanted to become an adventurer anyway. Irene's party seemed good to him, only if they wanted a berserk guy like him.

"Are you alright?"

Ending the conversation with Jen, he glanced at Irene, a pale-skinned woman with long light blue hair and silver eyes. He found her rather beautiful even in comparison to the women he met on Earth.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little hungry."

An amused smile made its way on her way on her face, she never met someone truly honest like him.

"Don't worry about that, I'll show you the best delicacies in town."

"I'm truly grateful for this favor."

"You should be."

They looked at each other and cracked a smile.

"What's it like working for Adventurer Guild?"

"Adventurers do all kinds of quests, you know like monster subjugation, collecting raw material and all sorts of odd jobs."

"Can I join the Adventurer Guild without any Identity?"

Irene showed a confused expression before remembering the words he said earlier. "You lost it while running?"

"Yeah..." he purposefully trailed off, a sad expression on his face.

Unknown to him, her eyes were shining with a faint glow. "I will get you a new status plate."

'What's a Status plate, Jen?'

(It'll cost you 1SP. I'm sorry, but I'm also restricted by 'The Creed'.)

'Okay, take it and no need to be sorry.'

(It's an Artifact used in this world. It acts as a form of Identification and quantifies your parameters and skills.)

He nodded his head at her explanation, this was one useful artifact to multitask as identity and growth tracker.

"Thank you, Irene," he expressed his gratitude with a smile, a little relieved inside.

She also smiled. "It's the least I can do after you saved our lives."

After walking for 15 minutes, a sight came in view that truly dumbfounded Leo. His eyes were unable to hide the surprise as he stared at the massive walls with a large gate made of iron-like metal embedded in it, probably for entering the Kingdom. 

He shook off the surprise, he didn't want to appear too suspicious.

"Halt!"

A loud was heard accompanied with a man clad in armor, probably a Guard.

"Show us your status plate or Identification," said the 2nd Guard who came out of the small post made near the gate.

Irene put her hand in the pocket of her mage robes and took out a squared plate. She pressed her finger against it and flashed the status plate. The soldier examined the plate, his eyes about to pop out of sockets in shock.

"I-I-Irene-sama!"

The soldier's shocked expression was noticed by Leo, who came to the conclusion that this easy going woman held an influence strong enough to scare these guards.

The Guards looked at him suspiciously, well, he couldn't deny it. He wore a black T-shirt and jeans in a fantasy world, any passerby would think of him weirdly.

"A-Are you one of the Apostles?" asked the guard fearfully.

"Forgive my rudeness but I bought these clothes from a passing merchant. As for Apostles, I grew up in a small village so I have no knowledge pertaining to any Apostle."

The soldier nodded his head, he never heard any news of missing Apostle. "I meant one of the summoned heroes."

"No, I'm not," he denied with a serious face.

They must be talking about Eri and her classmates. Looks like I came to the right place.

"He is my friend "

Before the guard continued Irene cut him off in a rather cold manner.

The Guard stepped back as his large shrank in fear. "P-Please don't c-cripple me."

Seeing her face twitching in anger, he tried hard to suppress the laugh threatening to come out.

"Just open the damn door!"

"Hai!"

He ordered another guard to open the door.

Leo entered the gate with eyes brimming with curiosity. His first impression was that the Heiligh Kingdom looked really similar to a medieval city. Old fashioned streets packed with citizens, caravans passing by here and there. Kids playing on the streets. Guards donning light armor patrolled the streets. The small shops on either side of the streets created a rather lively atmosphere.

They hired a caravan to Horaud Town. Irene and Leo sat together facing Dale and Tris.

She looked at him. "How old are you?"

"...17"

Dale and Tris were speechless. 'Damn! This guy is 17 and still stronger than us. Must be a genius.'

He sighed at their reaction, the same people of his Uncle's circle gave him.

He lowered his head, his mind lost in old memories. "My uncle trained me since I was 6. Maybe that's the reason I'm strong."

He glanced at them to see a warm? smile on their faces, he didn't know the reason.

"Anyways, how is Horaud town? I've never been there," he said, trying to change the depressing topic.

Dale said, "It's a town for adventurers, most people go there for Orcus Labyrinth. We also dive in sometimes."

"Can you show me around?"

"Sure, I'll do it," Irene volunteered herself with a smile.

'So Ice Princess can smile now?' Dale and Tris thought.

They chatted about random things for the rest of the way. Leo just nodded his head, muddle-headed.

His eyes were fixed at the right corner of his vision, a circular map was there, showing blue, yellow and white dots.

'So that big blue dot is for me, yellow for allies, white for strangers and maybe red for enemies.'

(Yes, it can show enemies on it. If they are not hiding using any skill. The maximum range is 100m for now, and undiscovered areas are left blank.)

116